Author Topic: Who Loves ENY?  (Read 18082 times)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: Who Loves ENY?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2016, 09:15:02 AM »
Eh,  I don't see envy as a issue.  Maybe divers your self at all levels from perk plane to envy 40.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2016, 09:37:36 AM »
It's sometimes an annoyance if I want to have an easy ride, but the only recent time it affected gameplay for me was the other night, when it was over 29, and I couldn't take out an Ostwind or Wirble to defend a field from vulchers.

mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2016, 09:42:35 AM »
Don't forget the K4 ;) atleast make her 5 eny lol

It's a great plane, but you still have to set up shots and actually get in the fight to get kills, setting up the kind of shots it takes to be successful in the K4, are advanced maneuvers.

Opinions on timid flying are irrelevant and an EZ mode plane is any ride a pilot has mastered.  I suspect we all have EZ mode rides, and I know we all have turned away from enemy planes.  There are no perks needed. The Dora does need to have its ENY adjusted down, and I think you will see it happen eventually.  Should be a 5-8 based on how much it is used.  The LA's and Spit's are already 5 ENY so they disappear quickly when ENY kicks in. 

I disagree on the first part. You can master the lower midwar planes all day, but that doesn't mean a La7, or spit16, or 190D won't be able to roll off the field and catch you, then BnZ or gang you to death. I can do great in a 109G2, until 4 enemies easily chase me down and then you have to know advanced ACM to maybe get away, but typically you don't. There is no midwar plane that can easily compete with a spit16, especially if his La7 buddy is right behind him. If a good player is in a 16 or 190D, it's pretty much over unless they make some silly mistake. Then they just hit X and magically accelerate away. Sigh.

I think taking away the ability to easily be able to fly the fastest or most advanced planes will make the fights more exciting again. At least the players would have to earn the ability to get them with perks. There needs to be more options to spend perks anyway.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2016, 09:53:57 AM »
You have to set up shots in every plane Demon..  K4 makes it a bit easier I'll say due to the fact that it's like a rapid fire 30mm and you only need one.  Many times on my snap shots with the K4 I hit with well over 1 30mm
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline MrRee

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2016, 09:57:29 AM »
There is no midwar plane that can easily compete with a spit16, especially if his La7 buddy is right behind him. If a good player is in a 16 or 190D, it's pretty much over unless they make some silly mistake. Then they just hit X and magically accelerate away.

Minus the low eny plane running from you and you having to chase them part I would like to submit:

109F

When you can't stand up to your wife, you have to come here to complain.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2016, 10:07:06 AM »
Every time someone says they hate eny because they can not fly anything under 20

https://media.giphy.com/media/SYrRj1PjH1WPS/giphy-facebook_s.jpg

If you like fewer players to fight keep laughing.  Hope you enjoy the sound of your own laughter. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2016, 10:08:10 AM »
Eh,  I don't see envy as a issue.  Maybe divers your self at all levels from perk plane to envy 40.

You don't.  I and many others do.  The system as implemented is screwing things up.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2016, 10:12:08 AM »
I used to love ENY.  I typically flew the 38 (even though I had a love affair with the 51), so I was rarely affected.  Even more so because I often switched countries to the low # side.

Josh
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2016, 10:38:28 AM »
I like it when there is a certain amount of players online.

During off peak hours, it shouldnt exhist unless we are able to freely change countries.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2016, 11:00:58 AM »
It's a great plane, but you still have to set up shots and actually get in the fight to get kills, setting up the kind of shots it takes to be successful in the K4, are advanced maneuvers.

I disagree on the first part. You can master the lower midwar planes all day, but that doesn't mean a La7, or spit16, or 190D won't be able to roll off the field and catch you, then BnZ or gang you to death. I can do great in a 109G2, until 4 enemies easily chase me down and then you have to know advanced ACM to maybe get away, but typically you don't. There is no midwar plane that can easily compete with a spit16, especially if his La7 buddy is right behind him. If a good player is in a 16 or 190D, it's pretty much over unless they make some silly mistake. Then they just hit X and magically accelerate away. Sigh.

I think taking away the ability to easily be able to fly the fastest or most advanced planes will make the fights more exciting again. At least the players would have to earn the ability to get them with perks. There needs to be more options to spend perks anyway.

Bear in mind my two favorite rides are very high ENY's-Yak9T and the Hurricane IID.   But if you get caught, you made an incorrect decision somewhere along the line and all the ENY/perk changes in the world will not correct this issue.  Excitement comes from you.  Try something different, this game is infinite in it's opportunities to kill red guys.  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2016, 11:01:25 AM »
Eny rarely bothers me. I think it would be better if it simply slid the perk scale.

ie: Rather than restrict any ride, it simply makes the thing cost perks based on how bad the side imbalance may be. When it slides, it costs perks to lift your D pony or LA-7. The worse the imbalance the more perks it costs to up your fav ride.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2016, 11:08:30 AM »

During off peak hours, it shouldnt exhist unless we are able to freely change countries.

^^^^^^^ This.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline MrRee

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2016, 11:12:46 AM »
When you can't stand up to your wife, you have to come here to complain.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2016, 11:17:47 AM »

I like this idea.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2016, 11:28:04 AM »
Just my thought on the ENY system. I understand the idea behind it but I would like to see it more as a tiered system based on pilot ranking.

Tier 1 – Pilots ranked 1-100

Tier 2 – Ranking 100 – 1000

Tier 3- Ranking 1000+ NO ENY because like me you are just a target for the other side and you need all the time in this fighter you can get…

Oh that's really clever  :aok ... Very true, a serial killer in a late war plane and there's not much you can do if you don't have the deck stacked up in your corner. In the other hand, I do fly the Thunderbolt M most of the time and when the eni gets too high I go play something else. It's not that I don't want to fly the other P47s, as I do from time to time. I don't have much time to play Aces High, and when I do log in I want to fly my favorite ride.

As far as heavily perking late war monsters, like making my P47M 200+ perk points, why not ... yet I fear it will encourage even more running and less fighting. The D9 and the P51 are already the poster child of the "dive and never look back as soon as I'm not the highest guy around".

The performance of the plane is not the real issue to me. It is more the disparity in lethalty between the cannons and the 50s. I have a compilation of videos of planes being lit up from head to toe with 8 50s and keeping on flying, while I lose a wingtip or a tail from a single 20mm ping. It's not about the speed, or the climb or the turning, it's about how many 1 ping fight ending capability the plane has that should be "balanced". Extremely rare are the top 50 A2A using 50s.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------