Author Topic: Who Loves ENY?  (Read 18083 times)

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
Re: Who Loves ENY?
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2016, 03:31:17 PM »

No, because even when I am on the low side ENY causes my opponents to quit, ruining good fights.   ENY swings during the time I play most often are chaotic at best.  I walked away in frustration.   

As implemented it is counterproductive. 

Perhaps it is you who needs to pull up your big boy pants and stop relying on ENY as a crutch.

+1
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline 49ZERO

• Zinc Member
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2016, 04:20:50 PM »
   I would be all for the abolishment of eny on the following conditions.NO MORE GOD MODE ! What I mean is when you log onto your country you only see dar.If you want to see dots and the names of the players you must go into the sector where the friendly dar is. That means either clicking on a base and moving there or flying or spawning into a sector. Why this would be related to eny you ask ? First of all it would pretty much limit the effect of alt accounts logged in tower causing eny. Why log a second or third account on other countries if you cant see who they are and what they are flying. The country that has the most players would be forced to fight they way the game was set up for.The countries with the least amount of players could do things knowing that if the enemy is waiting it was by luck or strategic planning. The only hope for a fair game is limit the view and not limit the aircraft. I believe that the god view mode is far more destructive in a war game then aircraft and vehicle restrictions.

Offline mutha

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2016, 04:40:20 PM »
I'll roll up any ideas for ENY improvment and submit them as a post on the Features Suggestions forum.

Mutha

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2016, 05:11:03 PM »
   I would be all for the abolishment of eny on the following conditions.NO MORE GOD MODE ! What I mean is when you log onto your country you only see dar.If you want to see dots and the names of the players you must go into the sector where the friendly dar is. That means either clicking on a base and moving there or flying or spawning into a sector. Why this would be related to eny you ask ? First of all it would pretty much limit the effect of alt accounts logged in tower causing eny. Why log a second or third account on other countries if you cant see who they are and what they are flying. The country that has the most players would be forced to fight they way the game was set up for.The countries with the least amount of players could do things knowing that if the enemy is waiting it was by luck or strategic planning. The only hope for a fair game is limit the view and not limit the aircraft. I believe that the god view mode is far more destructive in a war game then aircraft and vehicle restrictions.

IMHO the use of shade accounts for spying is vastly overstated.  There are a thousand reasons missions are intercepted but so many use the crutch "SPIES!!!" to have an excuse.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2016, 05:13:19 PM »

We had doughnut dar in Warbirds.  IT SUCKED.

Or are you talking about something else?

My ADD just kicked in.   You lost me.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2016, 06:03:38 PM »
IMHO the use of shade accounts for spying is vastly overstated.  There are a thousand reasons missions are intercepted but so many use the crutch "SPIES!!!" to have an excuse.

98% of the time POTW squad NOE missions got busted, was we didn't see the CV near us. And it looked exactly like someone with a shade was using a second computer. The 2%, variations of people not happy with POTW for some reason or that skyrr thing a few years back. All missions busted from someone talking to friends in the other country about our massed flight outbound. Unless Hitech bans the use of third party VOX and text and cellphones, you will have two guys ratting out other guys from time to time. After 15 years, it goes with the territory if you want to play online games with immature people.

I suspect it's like the timeout udp\tcp timer that disconnects you from the host cannot tell if you have a reeeeaaaalllly bad internet connection or left a "c:\ping localhost -t" minimized at the task bar you "forgot was running" before you logged in. Yes I did it once years ago. And I was trying to test a bad connection at that....weeeee.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2016, 08:03:08 PM »
ENY is fine..........I just take another plane.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2016, 08:15:41 PM »
ENY is fine..........I just take another plane.

Good for you.   

Meanwhile, many of us go do other things.   Enjoy!
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2016, 10:21:13 PM »
ENY works. Those that do not even teams will not like it. They will learn to fly planes that take more skill or learn how to switch to the low number side.

Each side is more alike than different.

Meanwhile, a few of us go do other things.   Enjoy!

Fixed!

Actually far fewer do what you think they do. Most stay and fly.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 10:23:25 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2016, 01:29:46 AM »
as it is stated in game eny is for side balancing,it is ment for people to switch sides to balance numbers.but not many want to switch sides temporarily, they stay with the side with the greater numbers and fly the mid and early war planes and gang the other country with lowest numbers, the country with the lowest numbers have the late war plane of their choice to fly but makes little difference when you are being ganged. and if the country being ganged has only 40 people on and 10-15 people in the tower its worse. your not married to the country you fly for, don't be afraid to change sides-side change is only 6 hours. of course this might work better if side switch was only 2 or 3 hours.

HiTech already eny is going to stay like it is so no sense talking about it.
 thank you for your attention.

P.S. the only thing that bugs me about eny is the gv's.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 01:44:25 AM by lunatic1 »
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2016, 05:37:18 AM »
Fixed!

Actually far more do what I think they don't do. A few stay and fly.

Fixed!

« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 05:39:03 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2016, 05:40:17 AM »
When the sideswitch timer penalizes guys for moving to the low side then it is working counter to the stated goal of balance ENY purports to achieve.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2016, 05:43:45 AM »
ENY works. Those that do not even teams will not like it. They will learn to fly planes that take more skill or learn how to switch to the low number side.

Pure conjecture.   With numbers the way they are being outnumbered is a blessing for the times I get online.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2016, 11:20:03 AM »
Pure conjecture.   With numbers the way they are being outnumbered is a blessing for the times I get online.

All you do is complain about every little thing. You think everyone does as you do.

Think again. Most folks have a good time in AH.

You can go on with your Ebenezer imitation now.  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2016, 11:31:53 AM »
All you do is complain about every little thing. You think everyone does as you do.

Think again. Most folks have a good time in AH.

You can go on with your Ebenezer imitation now.  :D

Funny, I don't see you online when I am there.   Looks like our experiences are different.   Imagine that.
”KILLER V”
The Damned