Author Topic: Who Loves ENY?  (Read 18374 times)

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
Re: Who Loves ENY?
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2016, 11:32:47 AM »
I dont understand the issue with ENY. My Mossie VI never had any issues with it, in spits of being the best fighter in the game.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2016, 11:54:13 AM »
I like it when there is a certain amount of players online.

During off peak hours, it shouldnt exhist unless we are able to freely change countries.
No, being outmanned is being outmanned, and ENY needs to be in place. The best options is for some people to pull up their big boy pants and fly something besides their advantage rides. Period.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2016, 12:09:14 PM »
Hey All,

The ENY has been around for a long time and we all have differing views on it. It was put in place to try and level the playing field based on number of pilots online for a specific country. It's great when the ENY is against the other countries but sure sucks when it is against your own country.

As with all things maybe this is something HiTech can comment on / take a look at further as part of the game overhaul / improvements. There have already been some good suggestions.

My own comments on this previously were that if the ENY was to remain in place it needed to take into account more factors. A good example:

Country "A" has been smashed all day long and owns 45% of their own fields but finally has better numbers online than Country "B" and "C". However, they continue to struggle to regain ground as they are limited due to ENY and the aircraft / vehicles they can use. Possibly taking into consideration the % of bases owned plus numbers online and adjusting the ENY would help balance things here.

I like the idea of a tiered ranking system as well as someone previously mentioned.

I guess one of the good things with ENY (if you can call it that) is it forces pilots to get out of their comfort zone and try other rides that they normally may not fly. It may be very painful at first but you may find a new favorite ride in one of those times as well :)

I don't think the ENY issue will get resolved anytime soon as there are likely more game bug / improvements that need priority versus ENY being more of a pain but functional. Let's find some constructive feedback and wait for HiTech to circle back to this at a later date.

Cheers!
Elec1

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2016, 12:10:26 PM »
No, being outmanned is being outmanned, and ENY needs to be in place. The best options is for some people to pull up their big boy pants and fly something besides their advantage rides. Period.

No, because even when I am on the low side ENY causes my opponents to quit, ruining good fights.   ENY swings during the time I play most often are chaotic at best.  I walked away in frustration.   

As implemented it is counterproductive. 

Perhaps it is you who needs to pull up your big boy pants and stop relying on ENY as a crutch.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2016, 12:12:24 PM »
Minus the low eny plane running from you and you having to chase them part I would like to submit:

109F

Ehh, it doesn't have the ammo, exceleration (makes a huge difference), zoom climb ability, and roll rate, or dive speed.

If both players are equal skill, the spit will dominate the whole fight with the E advantage from the start. If not, it will more than likely be able to run away anyway. The 109f is a great fun plane, but it's out matched against a real spit16 pilot.
There aren't many planes that can do a triple emmilman off the merge.

One of the best Zoom climbers hands down.

Bear in mind my two favorite rides are very high ENY's-Yak9T and the Hurricane IID.   But if you get caught, you made an incorrect decision somewhere along the line and all the ENY/perk changes in the world will not correct this issue.  Excitement comes from you.  Try something different, this game is infinite in it's opportunities to kill red guys.  :aok

If you take a Hurricane 2D to 20K and dive on an opponent at 14K, you'd prolly only regain alt back 16K. Even with great SA, you will have planes that can easily catch you, no matter how great you think you are at SA. If you dive from 10K to 5K, going 380, you still have many planes that can still catch you. Speed is King in AH. The same thing happen in P40s. You can dive and try to extend all you want, faster planes will still catch you. You have to be careful not to get below any other fighter or they will catch you. This makes the game a lot more challenging. So if every player is in a 18K 190D, or LA7 that zooms around going 360 everywhere, you simply won't be able to get away even if you dive and extend out. You can dance all you want, until they gang you, you can dance all day, but they will BnZ you forever. These planes simply cannot get away or out of danger as well as 190Ds and La7s, which makes them much less capable in reality. I fly the G2 regularly and know how this works. It's just boring to constantly run into 190Ds or La7s that get you ganged or BnZed every sortie. This makes more people get into these types of planes, because that's all that can truely compete for most people to get kills. If you amp down the fastest rides, more people would be forced to fight, and it would create better furballs.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 12:23:13 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline mutha

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2016, 12:17:24 PM »
How can you compare it to a game of chess when in chess all things are already equal on both sides?

Dang you for vulching my metaphor!

-Mutha

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2016, 12:21:20 PM »
Dang you for vulching my metaphor!

-Mutha

I thought it was a great metaphor.   Especially considering our chess pieces.

ENY is like a chess game where once one side loses too many pawns the other side can't use its Rooks and Knights and Bishops until numbers even out again.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2016, 12:36:07 PM »
I love ENY and want to have it's baby.   :)
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline mutha

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2016, 12:38:53 PM »
I thought it was a great metaphor.   Especially considering our chess pieces.

ENY is like a chess game where once one side loses too many pawns the other side can't use its Rooks and Knights and Bishops until numbers even out again.

How about: if we had news teams from all the major networks facing off for a vicious cockfight in a back alley, if one news team has more members than the others, they can't use a hang grenade or trident?

Mutha

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2016, 01:22:03 PM »
Personally I am not fussed either way over eny.... however I do believe if the numbers are at a certain level it should be void (certain numbers level is very obvious when you play at the times they are critical).... when the numbers are so low having any kind of restriction seems to be counter intuitive to me...it just seems possible that it deters people from upping for air combat...or combat fullstop....Oh yeah<hijack>...and Flaks...they should have a D800 icon visual when shut down....<endhijack> :airplane: :joystick:

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2016, 01:35:17 PM »
ENY works just fine.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2016, 01:42:02 PM »
it gets me out the spixteen....its gotta be a good thing...
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Zardoz

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2016, 03:03:10 PM »
I like ENY configured just the way it is.
Your incessant whining just adds entertainment value to my gaming experience :cool:

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2016, 03:03:40 PM »
Eny rarely bothers me. I think it would be better if it simply slid the perk scale.

ie: Rather than restrict any ride, it simply makes the thing cost perks based on how bad the side imbalance may be. When it slides, it costs perks to lift your D pony or LA-7. The worse the imbalance the more perks it costs to up your fav ride.

This is not a terrible idea at all.  Although like Lazer I always found ENY altogether useless when there's a total of 30 people flying. 
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2016, 03:28:46 PM »
Wrong, because one side might have more numbers but usually they are getting attacked from both fronts while the two attackers are not fighting between themselves. If one side has say 32 they get high eny and another side has 15 and another side has 20 that is  usually more times than not 35 against the high eny side of 32.  The side with higher numbers has to fly high eny airplanes while the two sides with 35 still get low eny airplanes, this needs to be fixed if HT expect people to keep playing this lopsided method. I see people log off in great numbers when that happens. Absolutely no fun to play against two sides with low eny airplanes against one side with high eny airplanes. I know Dale is a very smart programer and could program a method to take this into account.

Tour 70 2005 to present