Author Topic: Who Loves ENY?  (Read 18394 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Who Loves ENY?
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2016, 01:39:15 PM »
Funny, I don't see you online when I am there.   Looks like our experiences are different.   Imagine that.

I'm here in Texas and fly in the later evenings. I was on for quite awhile last night.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2016, 01:49:41 PM »
I'm here in Texas and fly in the later evenings. I was on for quite awhile last night.

I am usually with the morning crew.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2016, 05:04:06 PM »
I am usually with the morning crew.

That'll make the difference!
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2016, 11:09:42 PM »
That'll make the difference!

Big time.   And our numbers are dwindling some.  :(

:cheers:
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2016, 08:01:24 AM »
Big time.   And our numbers are dwindling some.  :(

In the evenings the numbers seem to be growing.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2016, 08:45:00 AM »
In the evenings the numbers seem to be growing.

I hope that continues.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2016, 09:38:46 AM »
I hope that continues.

Amen to that!
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2017, 04:24:45 AM »
I know there are some that dislike the ENY handicap, and some that don't mind it at all, but is there anyone who is HAPPY to get that little message prohibiting usage of low-ENY vehicles?

Or is it more like sitting down to play your usual game of chess and being told that in order to make the game more fun for everyone, you don't get to play with all your usual pieces?

Mutha

For us Rooks, who seem to have the low numbers, it's like a fire sale......... B29's were 34 perks a bird.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2017, 09:26:30 AM »
If they perk the Yak-3 damage model I'm a happy camper
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline TheRapier

• Nickel Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron, My Little Pony
For the love of all that is holy, please KILL ENY!
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2017, 10:38:25 PM »
At this point of the game's evolution, this has to be the most unthoughtout feature ever. This system, if it EVER worked, was a product of an arena with 500 people in it. The ENY values are arbitrary and have no basis in fact and only serve to keep people from flying. As many people will log in and look at ENY and log off because there is no waste of time quite like trying to fly a lame plane on a lame map. You can only make up for bad ENY with sufficient numbers and right now the numbers are just too low.

To be clear, the argument that it "encourages people to fly other planes" is just a salve to the ego of the developer more than anything else. The developer wants people to try all the planes that were so difficult to create. It is not "want" of the player to fly all of them all the time. Human nature dictates that the player will fly only a few over any given period. The player wants to have the option to fly but not the commandment. At most people will have a stable of lower ENY planes they might be willing to fly but they are still selecting out of a very select few. So the idea that they are sampling the gamut of plane choices is a fallacy. Don't believe what people say, believe what YOU see them fly. Its the same thing over and over. They are far more likely to just try something different for the fun of it.

Now with the numbers so low it has just become an easily accessed form of cheat. Less than a handful of cheaters can keep an entire country in ENY all night for nights on end.

Here are the facts:
1. Having a second account is a minimal impediment to cheating. It is proven that people have done it and will do it in the future. They place the second account in the country they want to have ENY. Tonight both Knights and Bishops had 49 in flight but Knights had a ENY of 22 and Bishops had NONE. If you believe the counter nearly 20 people were in tower and stayed there.
2. With number as low as 30 per side, it takes only 2-3 cheaters having second accounts in the country of choice to induce ENY. ALL NIGHT!
3. This makes NO SENSE, when the numbers are so low. If the numbers are below 30 a side and you give 1/3 of the people an ENY of 27, what do you think they will do? THEY WILL LOG OFF BECAUSE ITS NOT WORTH IT!! Seriously, ask yourself what YOU would do? Would you battle 3 or 4 guys with both hands tied behind your back?

The total disconnect is having ENY based on "in country" instead of "in flight". In country has NO effect on the outcome of the battle. These people AREN'T FLYING or PLAYING!!!! Therefore they can have NO impact on the fight.

If you MUST have ENY as a very crude balancing mechanism have it based in "in flight" numbers. In flight players actually affect the outcome of the battle. ENY should cut off at about below 30 players on any side because it has no impact on game play. Whether there is 10 people on a side or 20, keep in mind they all have to work together to do anything. I have seen it where out of 60 players on, 2/3rds of them have ENY. Shortly thereafter the arena gets much, much smaller :). The vast majority of people DON'T switch sides. That is just a reality. There is always a small set of opportunists that do but that isn't the norm.

Please consider that this game isn't getting bigger, its getting smaller. Don't make it smaller yet by hanging onto a play killer. The change is easy and simple. People leave the game because of the "can'ts" not the "cans".

Thanks!
--)-Rapier--
CO Musketeers
Longest continuously operating MMO squadron
Serving your target needs since 1990
They thought it would be a disgrace to go forth in a group.  Each entered the forest at a point that he had chosen where there was no path and where it was darkest. La Queste de St G

Offline gflyer

• Copper Member
Re: For the love of all that is holy, please KILL ENY!
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2017, 11:06:09 PM »
Not sure in-flight would solve the problem, just result in more players hangar sitting (if the shade thing was actually a factor).  Not sure there is a good middle-ground  solution that can appease everyone.  I lean towards shortening the switch time, though this has been shot down as a non-starter in other threads. 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 11:08:42 PM by gflyer »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2017, 11:19:45 PM »
+1 OP. 

It is totally unworkable in its current form. 

”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2017, 12:00:22 AM »
It worked as intended with a 1 hour side switch.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2017, 12:29:44 AM »
It worked as intended with a 1 hour side switch.

I see what you did there.  And +1  :D

Human nature dictates that the player will fly only a few over any given period. The player wants to have the option to fly but not the commandment. At most people will have a stable of lower ENY planes they might be willing to fly but they are still selecting out of a very select few. So the idea that they are sampling the gamut of plane choices is a fallacy.

This is my playlist for 2016.  Just listing the fighters with 100 or more kills:

Some people enjoy ENY so much, that they will even fly lower tiered planes for the low numbered country.  Those people may not be human.  <creepy alien reveal music plays>

« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 12:35:29 AM by caldera »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2017, 04:05:05 AM »
Im surprised that anyone is flying at all since all online players are shades or spies.....
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking