Author Topic: Who Loves ENY?  (Read 18381 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: For the love of all that is holy, please KILL ENY!
« Reply #105 on: January 05, 2017, 05:04:21 PM »
I could understand ENY during it's first 10 years because we had 300-600 in the MA on average and it stopped what those squads did in AH1 that shut down the MA once a week. Today it triggers so often it may be becoming it's own fun killer versus the fun guardian it was introduced as. I doubt Hitech could pay country loyal players enough perks to get them to balance the arena. I doubt enough players really have enough perks to make up for ENY as often as it triggers these days.

But, ENY is feeding the reality that there are two countries full of loyal fools to pick at will, even if this statement might be a bit extreme. Though, the fact when ENY is in force you can find a group willing to be in a furball in their late war uber rides because of the advantages. Then when ENY is out of force, they disperse while the picked and PO'd players come back in late war uber rides to fight on equal terms.

ENY in a way is promoting an interesting condition that I doubt it was designed to create. Tyranny by a minority relying on ENY to boost their ability to take away other players "fun". So the question will be how long is "not fun" going to be tolerable? I keep wondering why the rooks seem to depopulate as a coincidence to ENY's constant on\off period on my squad's squad night Pacific coast prime time. Wonder if they are not having fun.....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2017, 08:41:59 PM »
Rooks seem to be getting the better end of the eny stick lately....saw nits with 70 + the other day and bish and rooks had 70+ total  :noid
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2017, 08:54:28 PM »
I have watched as Bishops routinely reset the maps even with a 29 ENY, so it's not stopping anything. If you play AH to fly the P-51s, Ta-152s, and so on, then yeah it's stopping that, but not resets.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2017, 09:37:57 PM »
I have watched as Bishops routinely reset the maps even with a 29 ENY, so it's not stopping anything. If you play AH to fly the P-51s, Ta-152s, and so on, then yeah it's stopping that, but not resets.

La5 FTW  :rock :rock :rock

Bishops own AH   :aok
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2017, 03:02:55 PM »
The knights really don't have as much of an air force as they used to except for it's small dedicated group of furballers. Instead they have a GV battalion with members who happen to fly planes until they get bored or loose their patience for the current evolution of air Halo or however our air combat has evolved from 2008. And even with their GV numbers they seem mostly interested in trying to turn every base assault into a variation on the old V85 or AH2 craterma tank town. The bish seems to have an airforce that happens to have some GV players. And the rooks somewhere in between.

ENY used to not happen enough to turn combat pilots into GV commanders. Now, at least with the nits and rooks, ENY has everyone in GV's ignoring the bish air force which ends up being a tiny air hoard as it's fighting style which ever front it pops up on. Like I posted earlier, Hitech cannot pay country loyal players to use side switching to balance ENY. I even doubt 1 hour side switching will get country loyalists to move for the sake of balancing ENY. It would enable griefers to poach the existing furballs and base capture initiatives.

And flipping maps while ENY has your side in garbage rides, all three countries have overcome the ENY impositions and still flipped the map. The real problem from ENY is it happens so often now, it is impacting the fun people are paying $14.95 to have with their limited time each evening. That does not make them sissies, whiners, idiots or any other pejorative you want to dismiss them with. That makes them unhappy $14.95 a month subscribers who are getting worn out by the frequency of ENY and it's damping effect on the fun they expect to enjoy for their subscription.

I'm betting ENY was never expected to kick in this often and become a negative game function against the quality of fun subscribers could expect for their limited playing time. So now in a living laboratory it seems ENY has it's negative extreme based on player arena numbers as it had a positive effect on the past player arena numbers. It works very well for large player population control.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2017, 03:08:07 PM »
I have a drastic solution to this issue.

Switch Sides
That would be cool if I didn't have to wait 6 hours to get back.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2017, 04:32:20 PM »
That would be cool if I didn't have to wait 6 hours to get back.

Switching sides has not worked and will not work to resolve a side imbalance no matter what the delay is set for to change back to another country.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Who Loves ENY?
« Reply #112 on: January 06, 2017, 05:29:04 PM »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2017, 12:24:05 AM »
Switching sides has not worked and will not work to resolve a side imbalance no matter what the delay is set for to change back to another country.
Do your remember this many ENY problems when we had 1 hour side switch???? Look back at threads around that time you won't see hardly any about ENY compared to this last year.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2017, 01:15:30 AM »
hate it  !!!!!!

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: January 07, 2017, 11:19:42 AM »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #116 on: January 07, 2017, 03:51:30 PM »
I certainly DON'T like eny... but,
it is part of the game and so I deal with it  :rock
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #117 on: January 07, 2017, 03:56:19 PM »
hate it  !!!!!!

What exactly do you hate about it? Do you know how to even teams? Do you care to?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2017, 05:59:31 PM »
I think we need to beat this dead horse again, quick someone make another post about ENY.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2017, 06:22:51 PM »
I KNOW when all fighters go down after a burst, shooting with my A8, all but the Yak3 die.
How ever it's not consistent, another thread say when someone did testing they sometimes soaked it all up and flew on, and sometimes they died like a normal fighter.

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera