Author Topic: Who Loves ENY?  (Read 18392 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Who Loves ENY?
« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2017, 07:14:51 PM »
I think we need to beat this dead horse again, quick someone make another post about ENY.

Granted. 

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,384241.0.html
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: January 07, 2017, 09:26:23 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

When you stretch out those calves best to do it against the PULL sign.   I approve!
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
Re: For the love of all that is holy, please KILL ENY!
« Reply #123 on: January 08, 2017, 12:21:13 AM »
First of all I completely agree with Bustr's alalysis of the current situation of the game.

allow people under the duress of ENY to use their perks to get Ponies or LA7s...

You just stopped 100 people from crying about ENY and you gave another 100 people something else to spend perks on...

I've had the same, or similar, idea a while ago. Basically you charge the player perk points for every eny level + 1 that their desired aircraft is below the restriction. The player will get a warning box with an accept or cancel message.

Example 1:
 I'm flying Knights and my country has an ENY of 10. I desire to take up a 109K4 to quickly intercept and take care of a con passing through a nearby vector from my field. 109K4 has an ENY of 10 in this example so I will have to spend 1 perk to up my ride of choice (because as it stands you can not take up an eny 10 plane if you are restricted by 10 ENY).

Example 2:
Same ENY situation but I want to take up a p51D from a field two sectors out to fly CAP over our defending base. In order to do so I will have to pay 6 perks [ (10-5)+1 ].

Otherwise, if possible, base ENY off of number of planes said country has in air or the number of active players within a sector or two of the base you wish to launch from (if this is possible with the current coding); ENY would only impact the side of the map you have the most players on.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 12:29:59 AM by Owlblink »
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: January 08, 2017, 07:56:13 PM »
I like the idea of just having ENY make uber rides cost perks.  It makes a lot of sense - it isn't as if it is hard to earn perks to spend when the ENY goes up. 

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2017, 07:18:36 AM »
Keep in mind the root cause of eny restrictions is side imbalance and its effect on base captures and map wins.  If posters would address ways to compensate country imbalance then a solution might be forthcoming.

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2017, 09:42:48 AM »
I am on my second round of flying with the Bishops. My first was about a year ago. I only flew with them for a few months. And now on my second try with them I am experiencing the same problem that occurred the first time. I long in, go to the game and boom! Hit with ENY sign. I never have this problem with the other sides. So I assume the Bishops are the superior side because they seem to get a lead on most maps causing the eny handicap to go into effect right from the beginning of the game.
So if the purpose of the game is to win the war (by winning maps) why would you handicap the team that is winning. I know the concept is to make sides even but this method makes it BORING and FRUSTRATING. I don't want to know I'm losing a fair fight and the winning side is being given peashooters to finish my side off.
I want to play the other sides even steven and if they beat me - well they were the better team. This eny is just crazy. If you want to handicap a team..........take their 6 best players and move them to another side. NOW WE WILL HAVE SOME GOOD EVEN BATTLES IN THE AIR! The winning side will enjoy better competition. ENY IS JUST NOT WORKING!!!!!! AND MANY DISLIKE EMENSLY!

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #127 on: January 09, 2017, 09:52:33 AM »
I am on my second round of flying with the Bishops. My first was about a year ago. I only flew with them for a few months. And now on my second try with them I am experiencing the same problem that occurred the first time. I long in, go to the game and boom! Hit with ENY sign. I never have this problem with the other sides. So I assume the Bishops are the superior side because they seem to get a lead on most maps causing the eny handicap to go into effect right from the beginning of the game.
So if the purpose of the game is to win the war (by winning maps) why would you handicap the team that is winning. I know the concept is to make sides even but this method makes it BORING and FRUSTRATING. I don't want to know I'm losing a fair fight and the winning side is being given peashooters to finish my side off.
I want to play the other sides even steven and if they beat me - well they were the better team. This eny is just crazy. If you want to handicap a team..........take their 6 best players and move them to another side. NOW WE WILL HAVE SOME GOOD EVEN BATTLES IN THE AIR! The winning side will enjoy better competition. ENY IS JUST NOT WORKING!!!!!! AND MANY DISLIKE EMENSLY!

Handicap fuel loads, rearm times, max bomb loads?

I dunno.  War doesn't have ENY.   It's a game you say?   Ok fine.  But it is causing more harm than good.    WHEN NUMBERS ARE LOW ENY is a nuisance.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: January 09, 2017, 10:33:45 AM »

It may just be that I am not understanding you correctly, but this post makes no sense.  If you want things to be "even steven" why are you opposed to something that is intended to offset a side's numerical advantage? Aka not even steven.   :headscratch:
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Bear

• Zinc Member
« Reply #129 on: January 09, 2017, 10:39:43 AM »
 Sucks

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2017, 10:53:27 AM »
Sucks

What really stinks is being the low # country and fighting a 2 front war because it's easier to horde the weaker country. ENY has never bothered me perhaps because I can deal with life's little inconveniences better than others.  :rolleyes: 
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2017, 12:27:00 PM »
Not me.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: January 09, 2017, 12:44:03 PM »
Keep in mind the root cause of eny restrictions is side imbalance and its effect on base captures and map wins.  If posters would address ways to compensate country imbalance then a solution might be forthcoming.

When you can overcome that problem in the AvA and WW1 arena then you will have your answer for ENY. If people are not told or forced to change sides in those two arenas, only a small few do the right thing and not all the time. And yes there were nights only the statistical few who would have populated the DA years earlier, were the last 6 left DAing away at each other. You can get away with force in those arenas, first time Hitech forces people into side balancing in the MA, he cuts his own revenue throat.

I've been 12v2 in those arenas over the years from time to time. And some times the reverse. More often I've been one of the 2. Players want to be with friends, squad, and names they know. Players in this game do not like to loose if they don't have to. Two good examples of the do not like to loose phenomenon:

1. - I used to help Mr. Krabs with his invitational "Kill Krabby" in the DA canyons. Only two rules, stay in the canyon and don't HO. It was usually myself and Kraby against up to 12 in the canyon. We would fly silly rides they would fly power rides, popup out of the canyon and HO to win even with lots of guests on their side. There was a tiny few who showed up regularly and followed the rules fly rides that couldn't turn in the canyon but, they were amazing making those rides work anyway.

2. - During the years I did the alpha testing I could never get anyone to let me shoot their wing panels at close range to test the damage modeling. I always had to fly auto level for them and they always shot too long, and too much, killing the test. And if I threw a few rounds back from a gun position, I was some kind of a horrible person and they would not test with me anymore. It was like asking a gun owner to look down the barrel of an empty revolver and pull the trigger.

The MA has no rules other than the background processes force us to follow a set of requirements to capture fields and win the map. In the face of that, the arena encourages self interest as the highest ethic for your $14.95. Everything else is like High School personality cults where ch200 is used by the self anointed cool kids to shame people into acting like they are back in High School for the same nasty reasons High Schoolers do that garbage to each other today.

Hitech cannot pay people to play nice nor can he afford to force them to play nice beyond irritants like ENY as long as they are not violating the "terms of use" contract. The only thing that drags players along and changes their conduct in the MA is social paradigm shifts that the majority is currently following. The majority is allowing the current paradigm just like it used to be big squads set the arena tempo with missions and NOE base takes. And squads like the muppets and a few others lead the way making personal combat the pinnacle of achievement.

The MA has always been lead by energetic individuals in each country or energetic groups of players called squads who are constantly in the MA doing something and communicating about it. Most subscribers want to follow others doing things that look exciting and fun, who are winning. Even if it comes down to: "follow me in your crotch rocket through that crowd and HO everyone at high speed. Then run out with me, reset and we blow through them again". Works 8 out of 10 passes until the rescue flight arrives from the next field over. And we know just how boring it is to waste your evening climbing just to have the attackers disappear and go to another field while you hold your pud orbiting over an empty field.

We are in a paradigm of no one wants to fight because our game is being played like some xBox first person shooter called "Catch Me if you CAN....".
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: January 09, 2017, 04:15:29 PM »
La5 FTW  :rock :rock :rock

Bishops own AH   :aok
You're not good enough to talk about ownage
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #134 on: January 11, 2017, 12:00:44 AM »
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.