Author Topic: Who Loves ENY?  (Read 18393 times)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Re: Who Loves ENY?
« Reply #150 on: January 13, 2017, 12:57:34 AM »
Too bad players aren't allowed to ever switch sides to fly their one and only ride.  ;)

they are, and they are stuck there for 6 hours.

ENY swings wildly.

Having a 6 hour side switch timer contradicts ENY.. big time.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #151 on: January 13, 2017, 02:41:25 AM »
Good point Lazer! I know for me personally, I would be more than happy to go to outnumbered side. Problem is, if i get here at 3 and switch and my guys show up at 5...all we get is SPY SPY SPY! Doesnt really bother me much at all, but that sort of accusing players of stupid crap hurts the game, so I dont do it. Probably hard to pull off,maybe a "squadmates on rook and bish" rook being the side changed to, maybe voiding the swap time when squadies are on or ENY equalizes?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: January 13, 2017, 04:22:42 AM »
Logged on yesterday - ENY was 16, so I logged off.

Logged on tonight - ENY was 20, so I logged off.

-Mutha
What plane and model did you intend to fly that 16 ENY prevented you from flying and that did not have a different model with ENY>16 ?
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Marco

• Copper Member
« Reply #153 on: January 13, 2017, 07:43:50 AM »
SPY SPY SPY!

I'll be keeping my eye on you... :D

Anyways, I agree ENY is unfortunate, but if you never want ENY issues; Be a Rook.

It's just hard for me to tear off the Bishop patch every now and again.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #154 on: January 13, 2017, 07:50:37 AM »
they are, and they are stuck there for 6 hours.

ENY swings wildly.

Having a 6 hour side switch timer contradicts ENY.. big time.

If it's swinging that wildly and quickly then logging off in a huff right after logging on seems rather over-reactive.  :huh

Offline mutha

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #155 on: January 13, 2017, 09:43:24 AM »
Too bad players aren't allowed to ever switch sides to fly their one and only ride.  ;)

IMHO, switching sides is antithetical to the AH experience. The game is built on relationships and rivalries. The pleasure of teamwork/support and the thrill of rivalries elevates the game from an arcade experience.

For me, switching sides is out the question because I would not shoot at guys like Rocky, Mir, etc.

While I understand that some have no problem switching, I would never do it!

-Mutha

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: January 13, 2017, 10:48:50 AM »
Making people either log or switch sides or play hobbled is the entire point of ENY.  So you logging out is actually working as intended.

By what HT says, it's the lesser of the evils having people log as opposed to outnumbering the other side with low ENY planes.

I am still of the opinion being mobbed by p47d11s is not materially different from being mobbed by P51Ds, but that's the stance from HTC.

There've been anti-ENY threads as long as I can remember.  This doesn't look to me like the thread that's going to change it.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline mutha

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #157 on: January 13, 2017, 02:54:13 PM »
Making people either log or switch sides or play hobbled is the entire point of ENY.  So you logging out is actually working as intended.

By what HT says, it's the lesser of the evils having people log as opposed to outnumbering the other side with low ENY planes.

I am still of the opinion being mobbed by p47d11s is not materially different from being mobbed by P51Ds, but that's the stance from HTC.

There've been anti-ENY threads as long as I can remember.  This doesn't look to me like the thread that's going to change it.

Wiley.

Well, if HT's intent is to get players to log with ENY, consider this a verification of the success of his design!

Mutha

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: January 13, 2017, 03:14:21 PM »
Mutha.

The tools are in your hands and available for you to choose from.

1.)  Fly a different plane

2.)  Change countries

3.)  Log & whine on the boards.

It's you that's stuck in a rut.  It's you that has decided you will not switch county's or choose an available aircraft.  It's you that needs to take the responsibility for your own fun.

No one has said the system is perfect, I'm convinced there is no perfect system.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: January 13, 2017, 03:39:39 PM »
At least with the new gold text ENY unavailable list, it makes it easier and quicker to find your available rides. And for the players who are viscerally opposed to ENY to the point of logging out or burning up the forums with their anger. Now it's a beneficial flapping gold cape in front of the "Toro Bravo" to be angry about.

It has never been the color of the cape that caused a bull to charge, just the motion, because the bull fighting breed(Toro Bravo) are bred to be aggressive to those motions. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #160 on: January 13, 2017, 04:21:03 PM »
Well, if HT's intent is to get players to log with ENY, consider this a verification of the success of his design!

Mutha

Usually that's my response as well.

Lately I have switched sides and left my squadron where they are.   May the accusations of spying begin!   :old:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline mutha

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #161 on: January 13, 2017, 04:39:03 PM »
Mutha.

The tools are in your hands and available for you to choose from.

1.)  Fly a different plane

2.)  Change countries

3.)  Log & whine on the boards.

It's you that's stuck in a rut.  It's you that has decided you will not switch county's or choose an available aircraft.  It's you that needs to take the responsibility for your own fun.

No one has said the system is perfect, I'm convinced there is no perfect system.

You are right bustr - I'm logging rather than taking the options offered me. The reason I created this thread was not to convince anyone of anything (good luck with this group), but to see how many other folks were logging.  While it's my opinion that this is suboptimal design, that's not a slap at HT, who has otherwise built and amazing experience.

-Mutha

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #162 on: January 13, 2017, 05:12:25 PM »
The reason I created this thread was not to convince anyone of anything (good luck with this group), but to see how many other folks were logging.

-Mutha

If you're keeping track of your own thread, it seems not to bother most of the players to such a petulant extreme. Using the forum for statistical measurement is a flawed method, anyway. Perhaps if you asked Snail .....

Offline mutha

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #163 on: January 13, 2017, 05:19:28 PM »
If you're keeping track of your own thread, it seems not to bother most of the players to such a petulant extreme. Using the forum for statistical measurement is a flawed method, anyway. Perhaps if you asked Snail .....

But Arlo, the issue is not the quantity but the quality of the players that choose to log. It's the best people. And by best I mean in air combat prowess, content of character, and physical beauty.

Judged by those standards, this is really a problem!

Mutha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #164 on: January 13, 2017, 05:21:46 PM »
But Arlo, the issue is not the quantity but the quality of the players that choose to log. It's the best people. And by best I mean in air combat prowess, content of character, and physical beauty.

Judged by those standards, this is really a problem!

Mutha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, ok, now I got it.

I suck because I don't log when Eny is against me.

Got it, thanks.
Wag more, bark less.