Author Topic: Ok we need your help here.  (Read 4968 times)

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Ok we need your help here.
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2016, 07:42:52 PM »
Proof positive of why landing bonuses are BS.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2016, 08:59:53 PM »

ALLIED squads not seeing as much action as they would have liked (that really means you wanted to shot down helpless AXIS bombers restricted to 20K or lower - yeaaaa fun for you).  The AXIS side has no such advantages - The Frame 01 disaster proved that.  I'll bet the points will show that the AXIS side lost Frame 01 by as much as 750 points or more.  A complete disaster by any measure with most action over by H+60 (16 AXIS pilots left flying against 50 or 60 as I remember).  Wheres the ALLIED outrage with Frame 01?? (crickets, crickets)  So Frame 02 was planned differently.  I protected my high point value AC and committed low point AC against high target point value targets.  That's called risk to reward planning.  What I had to do to win was to split the ALLIED forces and maximize AXIS combat power against ALLIED weakness at a location and time of my choosing, hard to pull off.  Lastly I employed deception to win.  I factored that the ALLIED defenders would sit defending waiting for bombers that would never appear until H+60 - 70.  The fact that the ALLIED defenders sat at bases after H+70 was a great tactical error on the ALLIED side which i was very happy to exploit.  Maybe instead of complaining about the AXIS plan, maybe you should be complaining to the ALLIED side that issued your orders which you followed and now you don't like.  Or perhaps an internal squad review on your defensive strategy?

Don't talk tactics like you actually did something tactical with your bombers other then just hide them for points....at first we thought maybe you were doing some good tactics by sending in a small force to bring our scouts in then waiting until we started our rearm rotation to get your buffs in against a smaller force...but come to find out, you rather worry about points then actually engaging in combat....

Like Waystin said in his thread...if your going to do that let us know we just wont show up.

Oh and if you had an issue with FRAME 1 BRING IT UP....
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2016, 10:02:38 PM »
There were no FSO rule or special scenario rule violations by the AXIS side in the plan

Wrong.

You violated both the spirit and letter of FSO by taking the ENTIRE Axis bomber force and landing them 30 minutes after frame start.

CIC's are expected to construct their orders in such a way that all initial attack aircraft reach their targets by T+60.

All initial attack aircraft (that includes bombers) will reach their targets by T+60.

In other words...they wont fly 2 sectors and land in friendly territory.

As if that needs to be explained!

Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2016, 06:31:46 AM »
I'd like to say this about the setup for this month.

No.1 I do apologize to the entire community. I honestly did not realize how bad this setup could potentially turn out. My hope with the design of this scenario was to design an early PTO event that would force both sides to use their planeset to their advantage. Early PTO setups are one of my favorites for fights. Regarding the mins/max's, I recieved a little guidance with that of course, but I also did not truly realize it would become a huge issue.

No.2 This was my very first setup as a CM and I want everyone to understand this. Yes, I did receive guidance from the CM Team, but this is my setup not Nef's, Warloc's, or anyone else. I take all the blame for everything that has happened during this setup. I did try to make a fun scenario, but that is not the case.

No.3 Do not blame the enitre CM Staff for the foul ups. We do have a very talented CM Staff all around. They know their stuff, and they are teaching me to create these events. This is a learning process for me, and I have learned so much from this setup, which I can carry over to my next one.

Please do not leave FSO/give the CM staff a hard time for this month's event. That is all on me. You may flame me all you want, but do not blame the entire staff. I hope to see a good turnout for Friday, and do hope to see you all in January.

BFOOT1
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2016, 07:16:03 AM »
To the OP:

Yes, squad commitment is important.  The AK’s lowered their commitment because we weren’t meeting ours some nights, or cut it really close.  Keep in mind, this time of year folks are getting ready for the coming holidays, so perhaps next December lower participation should be considered.  Others mentioned doing “something different” (B-29’s).  Most of the bombers that are flown in FSO have almost useless defenses. 

BFOOT1:

Don’t be so hard on yourself.  In time, you will get better.  It’s not an easy thing I am sure.

Viper:

I am personally offended in your tactic.  It’s been stated that it was a violation of the rules, and IMHO was a violation of the spirit of FSO.  Sadly, you weren’t able to make a good enough plan to hit your objectives, so you decided to sit it out.  You should be ashamed.  Your continued defense in the matter tells me you aren’t, but I hope that the CM’s never give you CIC duty again.  For those in your squad, let me apologize to them for a waste of their evening. 

I can say that the AK’s get put in bombers on missions that are clearly 1 way all the time.  We frequently get decimated usually just as we see the base.  There are times though that the CIC planned well and executed well, and we leveled the base, most of us returning to land.  It’s a roll of the dice, but sometimes it works. 

As long as I am CO of the AK’s, my S5 (CO of FSO) will NEVER create a plan such as Viper did. That plan was shameful, just shameful.     
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2016, 07:49:55 AM »

I agree with AkMeathd, BFOOT don't be so hard on yourself this is your very first setup, I'm sure you have learned a lot from it.
We do appreciate the voluntary CM team for putting together packaged entertainment for us each week.  :cheers:
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2016, 09:45:18 AM »
No need to apologize Bfoot1, and I think at this point Viper knows the tactic is not appreciated by the community.  Let's move on, levy the penalty points, and get focused up on Frame 3 fellas. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2016, 09:48:56 AM »
Bfoot1, not your fault...like I've said they should have brought up issues before or just wait until the end so the next setup you make you can incorporate that into the next one.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2016, 09:51:22 AM »
No need to apologize Bfoot1, and I think at this point Viper knows the tactic is not appreciated by the community.  Let's move on, levy the penalty points, and get focused up on Frame 3 fellas. :aok
:aok
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2016, 10:09:34 AM »
Bfoot, there is not much you could have done better with this setup. The fact that you knew to sub the B5N and not the TBM in place for the TBD tells me that you get it.

:salute
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2016, 02:19:25 PM »
I'd like to say this about the setup for this month.

Do NOT apologize! You did a great job! Nothing is ever perfect, and this is all volunteer work. For critics of FSO and other events actions speak louder than words, and often these people will complain but never actually step up and deliver something better if at all!

Thank you for the setup, I am having fun (in one of those "rice paper" planes).

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2016, 03:09:12 PM »
Don't apologize for Viper's attempt to totally game FSO. He obviously knew better and did it anyway.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2016, 03:36:53 PM »
What was really sad about this, he could have gotten the CV by sending the Betty's in on the water to do popup bombing while sacrificing his single engine bombers at alt. All the defenders were 15k and higher looking for a conventional level bomber force racing in at the last minute. I watched airjer get a cruiser with a box of Betty's that way once. And if they had hit it with even a single bomb, we would be in here toasting those guys for their balls and his ability as a leader to take advantage of our AH ADHD.

FSO has always had a good ride side and a garbage ride side. And grumbling variations by squads on not appreciating having to take one in the shorts for the sake of the spirit of FSO so we can keep the event alive three Fridays a month. Everyone knows if you are on the good ride side it's likely a night of free kills with very little effort because the enemy is under orders just like you, which limits their ability to gang hoard you. Who doesn't look forward to a night of that after the MA's gang hoarding?

Yes we would have slaughtered the bombers in a few minutes after they got a few bombs out, which they would have.

POTW takes it in the shorts for FSO when we get the garbage ride turn to help keep it alive since Waystin asked the squad to join him. What makes this CIC more special than the rest of us who take our turn knowing it's a one way trip? Hmmm...... "special" may say it all in today's climate.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2016, 04:02:29 PM »
He put his own crew in those bombers too. Presumably to prevent a squad like mine ignoring his order. Premeditated gaming and not in the spirit of FSO IMO.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2016, 06:54:26 PM »
Btw "landing bonus pts" was a player requested item that the FSO Team implemented. You guys asked for it. Just saying.  ;)
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24