Author Topic: Need More Bombers  (Read 2534 times)

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Re: Need More Bombers
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2016, 07:07:31 PM »
We could use some more players that want to fly a freaking plane. Not sit in ack guns or camp in a GV to get stats for their precious rank.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2016, 07:31:06 PM »
We could use some more players that want to fly a freaking plane. Not sit in ack guns or camp in a GV to get stats for their precious rank.
+1
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2016, 08:25:47 PM »
I think all aspects of the game are fun. I think if there were more players, we wouldn't see complaint threads like this.

and who made 49zero general of his side? LOL

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2016, 08:43:17 PM »
This is absolutely pointless to have a war game with no objective other than to fight. According to the arena message it says the requirements to win the war. The winning side is rewarded perk points. If fighting is the only objective then why even bother with base takes or victory conditions. Just put a 24 hour timer on all maps and market it as a first person shooter game. The glory days of this game was when it was advertised as a world war 2 game and players felt part of a team. To fight epic battles with the ultimate goal of winning the war. Once it became more of a free for all shootem up type game with no strategic goals the population nose dived. There are much better games for the quick and the dead to play but long ago the appeal was the epic struggle to achieve victory.

This is the line, to fight for it, not to use some trick to force the other players into supply runs instead of defending. You want other to hide in buffs making long runs to try to keep the enemy busy resuppling.

Online Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2016, 12:21:26 AM »
This is absolutely pointless to have a war game with no objective other than to fight. According to the arena message it says the requirements to win the war. The winning side is rewarded perk points. If fighting is the only objective then why even bother with base takes or victory conditions. Just put a 24 hour timer on all maps and market it as a first person shooter game. The glory days of this game was when it was advertised as a world war 2 game and players felt part of a team. To fight epic battles with the ultimate goal of winning the war. Once it became more of a free for all shootem up type game with no strategic goals the population nose dived. There are much better games for the quick and the dead to play but long ago the appeal was the epic struggle to achieve victory.

I believe I disagree with all of this.

Fighting is the point of a war game.  The reason for base taking is to focus the location of the fights.  The glory days of the game were when everyone understood this.

- oldman

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2016, 04:26:59 AM »
The bombers are working just fine, and porking the M3s resupply is not the answer. If you go down that path then the strategy of the game will completely disappear, again. As things are, right now, bombers work, the strats work (with the exception of fuel), and the M3s work. When you can come up with a change that doesn't advantage your style of gameplay above the others then please try again.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2016, 06:15:49 AM »
There is nothing more fun in the game than the excitement of sneaking a base capture
Or stopping a base take with an M3 supply run
Or watching the last troop closing on the map room and a gun or building pops from a red resuppling.

It really goes both ways.  Huge fun either way.

Capturing bases during prime time takes some planning and guile.  Might be why some players just prefer to furbal.  I do enjoy a good furbal too.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2016, 06:58:21 AM »
49zero,
one hours is all the playing session for some players, myself included. I only get to play a couple of hours a week and I am not going to waste them on a strat run.

My contribution to the war effort is in defence and in furballing that clears the way for our attackers and tactical bombers.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2016, 08:28:03 AM »
Alright, Alright....I'll start flying bombers! <S> :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2016, 09:21:34 AM »
There is nothing more fun in the game than the excitement of sneaking a base capture
Or stopping a base take with an M3 supply run
Or watching the last troop closing on the map room and a gun or building pops from a red resuppling.

It really goes both ways.  Huge fun either way.

Capturing bases during prime time takes some planning and guile.  Might be why some players just prefer to furbal.  I do enjoy a good furbal too.

I dont find it fun at all. You want to beat me? Get your bellybutton in the air and beat me!

Last night, the Knights had the numbers.... and the ENY. They had 2 cv groups off the coast of of one of our bases and the attack began. I didn't see any M3s running out to resupply the town, but I was pretty busy defending the place. The fight lasted over an hour and the Knights finally won the field. By then the attack they had going on in the south had failed and that group join this one and the Horde was born.

From then on it was nothing but fighting the horde, a base capture ever 20 minutes or so until they won the war. I suppose I could have spent the night running M3s, but that isnt even close to how much fun it is to get pummeled by the horde time and time again.  :rolleyes:

Until the horde formed the fights for the base were a blast. Medium alt buffs making runs from a couple of directions, GVs trying to get into town defended by other GVs. LVTs making a bunch of runs and ships guns making craters every where. Very little picking for high alt (there were a few), most fighting was under 10k and the sides were pretty even. It was the old game from years ago, and great hard fought battle. The Knights didnt run any strat runs, and funny thing they still won the war.

Had the Knights kept their force split and pushed the attack on two fronts the "war" may have lasted a bit longer, but I think more people would have had a lot more fun. As it was, the horde spoiled the fight, and then once the war was won we lost a good number of people because many just called it a night instead of logging back in.

Oh well, it was a fun couple of hours until the horde showed up. Enough to make me want to come back again. Its like golf, that one good shot, or shots for that birdie, its that bit of fun that keeps you coming back no matter how bad the rest of the game was.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2016, 09:48:09 AM »
You'd think that even though we're all paying the company High Tech Creations, to do just that!!! " fly a freaking plane."
I've been in the old times of ch1, on country text, everywhere... You name the place, it's been said there. I mean if this is a game which is based around air combat faught in fighter planes. Based mainly in the air. Some of us dweebs like to be GV dweebs too. I've always done my fighting in the Air
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2016, 10:09:05 AM »
The bombers are working just fine, and porking the M3s resupply is not the answer. If you go down that path then the strategy of the game will completely disappear, again. As things are, right now, bombers work, the strats work (with the exception of fuel), and the M3s work. When you can come up with a change that doesn't advantage your style of gameplay above the others then please try again.
If it's easier to supply a field then to destroy it....the M3s work??? So let's get this right you think me wanting to fight something other then M3s running supps makes it an advantage for my gameplay style...adding more enemy who actually have a chance of killing me gives an advantage then me having 12 PB1 rockets to kill m3s over and over without even giving them a shot opportunity?

Yea all wishes are selfish and only advantageous to the person making the wish... :rolleyes:

Fact...Town resupply is broke...time it if you think I'm wrong.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline 49ZERO

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2016, 10:15:26 AM »
If your a player with limited time, then fur is perfectly understandable. Last night the knights won a map! I sank both knight cvs but it was too little too late. The knights used fighters to control the skies and many bomber sortes to destroy towns and hangers. A Well done team effort. Look all I was asking is for players to fly more bombers. If they can it will make a difference not just on strats but towns and hangers and enemy cvs aswell. Just a simple request for more bombers to make it possible for the other 2 countries to win a map.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2016, 10:17:28 AM »
If your a player with limited time, then fur is perfectly understandable. Last night the knights won a map! I sank both knight cvs but it was too little too late. The knights used fighters to control the skies and many bomber sortes to destroy towns and hangers. A Well done team effort. Look all I was asking is for players to fly more bombers. If they can it will make a difference not just on strats but towns and hangers and enemy cvs aswell. Just a simple request for more bombers to make it possible for the other 2 countries to win a map.
:headscratch: .... :airplane:
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2016, 10:39:41 AM »
The horde proves something: Players do care about the war at least to some degree. The majority is not out there to furball only.

A single player can capture an undefended field. 10 Players cannot capture a field defendend by a single person. Born was the horde to solve that situation.

Often, the desire to win the war exceeds the desire to go flying. M3s and tanks armed with rockets are the much more convenient alternative compared to goons and bombers. A resupplying M3 is more convenient than fast plane hunting goons - and even far less practical to hunt M3s carrying troops.