Author Topic: Need More Bombers  (Read 2533 times)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
Re: Need More Bombers
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2016, 02:40:45 PM »
running m3's to resupply a town that's being attacked is base defense.
and if you ever notice the Knights rarely defend their strats, even on buzzsaw map we usually don't try to defend strat attacking bombers just the gv's
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Zardoz

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2016, 02:44:38 PM »
and do what is needed when asked. Sometimes I do other stuff too. Your statement is not even close to the truth.
they shouldn't have to ask.
President Kennedy once said, and I quote what can you do for your country and not what can your country do for you. you should ask your fellow Rooks where you can help. instead of doing stupid things like doing storch raids and such.

Your statement is not even close to the truth.
I think my statement hits the nail on the head. I see it all the time.. most of the time the only bish bases that are flashing is the ones we knights are hitting. sometimes maybe 1 or 2 bish bases flashing, even then most of the rooks are scattered trying to fight knights when the should be fights bish--but that's just me-a lot of times Knights do the same dam thing

I volunteer all the time. Ask anyone. You don't know me.

In fact I am in the air right NOW de-acking.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 02:49:58 PM by Zardoz »
Your incessant whining just adds entertainment value to my gaming experience :cool:

Offline Zardoz

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2016, 02:48:34 PM »
And what's wrong with a cheetoh raid? Some people are way too serious.  :banana:
Your incessant whining just adds entertainment value to my gaming experience :cool:

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2016, 03:27:46 PM »
Perhaps you didn't see the #s on Friday night this FSO: 187-67 in MA. What I am implying is that the aircombat aspect to the game is still what attracts the most people.
You also have to account for the EU and Asia players who can't make FSO because of its timing....some do sure but that's why scenarios start with similar numbers off prime time because of EU. To say FSO has anywhere near the same amount or that all the events in game get the same participation as the MA does in a single month is just wrong...Special Event numbers are tied to the MA population numbers...As the MA numbers have gone down so have special events.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2016, 07:51:23 PM »
What I am saying is that the air combat aspect to the game is what most players are attracted to, and what will bring the most players. I was using FSO as a comparison to how many people still enjoy air combat events. I was referencing how many players were in FSO compared to the MA on the same night. Then I determined that having those #s on nightly in the MA is what we should strive for. This would make the fights more fun. We can do this by making the air combat aspect to the game the prime target. I think base distance and mountain height decreases would be a step forward in creating more action, quickly, without having to change the game at all. We need more flowable action with lower altitude fighting. This would make the fights more engaging.

The DA Lake needs to not be a lake, make it land. It should be half a sector closer with an air spawn at 3K. 

Shorter base distance would also make the time for bombers less and will cause more people to bomb. They could also up from further bases back if they wanted more time and alt.

Once you make the bases hard to defend because back bases are too far away, it creates hoards and gangs because it take too much time to up from a back base and defend.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 07:55:37 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2016, 02:53:47 AM »
It may just be me, but being in bombers just doesnt do much for me. Sure I can climb out for an hour or 2 so as not to be swarmed or I can jabbo and get into 4 maybe 5 dogfights as well. Its best of both worlds for me. I can hit targets or tanks with bombs and furball, usually in the same flight. Using bombers the way some do is just way to much time with little payout. I have been on more base take missions than I can remember and mostly with jabbos and low bombers. It would take far too much coordination to use high alt bombers for base takes. Noone has the patience for that sort of coordination. It could work, I grant you, but that is asking the rest of your country to stop what they are doing and rally to your cause. Most effective use of bombers in a base take is a low alt( 10k or lower) attack with several pilots. Sure, its not the most survivable type of flight, but seems to be way more conducive to team work in base takes. How many times have there been whine posts in here about Bish noe raids(or hoarding according to the infidels)? They work! You just need a few guys more dedicated to stirring up a fight than worried about a score or how much damage you land. I am certain that with 20 dedicated pilots and proper tactics, could roll any map we have in a few hours. Thats with several of the not as dedicated players acting in their usual way- just looking for the fight. If you kick it(the hornet's nest), they will come! A few fur ballers, pickers, vulchers and bomtards in support of the 20 and you can say byebye to any map in here. :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2016, 08:35:28 AM »
If it's easier to supply a field then to destroy it....the M3s work??? So let's get this right you think me wanting to fight something other then M3s running supps makes it an advantage for my gameplay style...adding more enemy who actually have a chance of killing me gives an advantage then me having 12 PB1 rockets to kill m3s over and over without even giving them a shot opportunity?

Yea all wishes are selfish and only advantageous to the person making the wish... :rolleyes:

Fact...Town resupply is broke...time it if you think I'm wrong.

Well, you're completely wrong of course. All you have to do is hit the right strats before you start the capture campaign and the towns will stay down a LOT longer. You can verify this by monitoring the towns anytime Buzzsaw is up.

It doesn't surprise me that you are selfish, but thank you for verifying that.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2016, 09:12:55 AM »
If resupply of towns and bases gets elimated or nerfed,  you will see dramatic changes in gameplay, for the better.

One would think while we are still technically playing a game in a testing phase, it would be a good time to give it a try.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 09:15:25 AM by Lazerr »

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2016, 09:16:44 AM »
If resupply of towns and bases gets elimated or nerfed,  you will see dramatic changes in gameplay, for the better.

You are making this judgement from very narrow perspective.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2016, 09:35:21 AM »
Well, you're completely wrong of course. All you have to do is hit the right strats before you start the capture campaign and the towns will stay down a LOT longer. You can verify this by monitoring the towns anytime Buzzsaw is up.

First off your last statement...your a clown, and know nothing about me.

Second...drop the strats to 0% then kill the adjacent field troops....then kill town and run troops at field...time it.

Now run supps to bring up strat, then to bring up troops then to bring up town....time it.

See which one is dramatically faster...you have to.bomb and bail and have multiple planes helping to take a field to come close to what 1 guy in an M3 can do. And with low numbers and regular MA numbers....that makes for piss poor gameplay.....because like I said, fighting M3s with an F8 and PB1 rockets isn't fun...its easy and redundant

And finally you're bad in a P51
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 09:37:08 AM by JunkyII »
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2016, 09:51:35 AM »
You are making this judgement from very narrow perspective.

No,  im making it from 16 years of playing the game, and basic observation of gameplay.

Its simple,  the first instinct to base defense is resupply, which kills the addictive combat aspect of the game, which is one large factor of why gameplay is stale.  Hence the current population.

They made one move in the right direction by removing large maps.

1 guy in a m3 should not undo undo what 5 jabos just did.  Its an easy alternative to defense in air or tank.  Im sure they make some sort of semi truck simulator if you guys want the supply feature so badly.

Its a gameplay killer in this genre though.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2016, 09:54:17 AM »
No,  im making it from 16 years of playing the game, and basic observation of gameplay.

Its simple,  the first instinct to base defense is resupply, which kills the addictive combat aspect of the game, which is one large factor of why gameplay is stale.  Hence the current population.

They made one move in the right direction by removing large maps.

1 guy in a m3 should not undo undo what 5 jabos just did.  Its an easy alternative to defense in air or tank.  Im sure they make some sort of semi truck simulator if you guys want the supply feature so badly.

Its a gameplay killer in this genre though.
They do have a truck simulator...throwing it out there  :aok
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2016, 09:54:27 AM »

If you want to force a guy into a bomber for an hour plus, to get the rest of the game to function properly,  your thought process is off a bit.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2016, 10:18:48 AM »
If players have to "win the war" to enjoy the game, they are doing it wrong.

A real pilot doesn't go flying just so he can land again (winz deh warz!), the pilot takes to the sky to enjoy the experience. If the cause was world peace then sure, but the game just resets. Nothing that happens in AH can be put on a resume' (except for HTC's). 

Play with a purpose and play to win, but having rows and rows of participation trophys mean nothing.

With all that said I say yes, we need more bombers (in the sky and more choices). Add the Wellington, please.  :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 10:20:35 AM by SmokinLoon »
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline 49ZERO

• Zinc Member
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2016, 10:24:04 AM »
I did not expect this thread to evolve into being critical of other players and squads. I will tell you what I have seen after this post. A lot More Bombers ! Not everyone needs to bomb strats or climb past 20k. The use of bombers just above auto ack can be very effective on towns and bases. The war on a map that most hate was a lot of fun and very balanced in prime time. Well done all.