Author Topic: FSO Recruitment  (Read 4410 times)

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
FSO Recruitment
« on: December 10, 2016, 11:56:30 PM »
The FSO Community has a wide variety of player backgrounds. Especially those who are adept at social media or know people whom are.

The CMs are asking for our help with minimums being met with assignments being achieved.

I will put this out to the FSO Community.

Those who know how to do the social media or can ask someone outside to step into the FSO Community and get the message out.  Let the ideas pour in and get them implemented.  we have screenshots and film to showcase the action. The viral networking will draw interest.

I can think of ideas. I just don't have the social media knowledge except for bb forums.

Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and others are so popular. I know films are in YouTube. 

1) FSO Reporters - players who create broadcasts about the action
2) FSO Photographers - players who post pics of the action
3) FSO Film Crew - players who create films of the action
4) FSO Ambassadors - players who take the broadcasts, pics and films to groups and meetings for showcasing

We have the technology.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: FSO Recruitment
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 01:47:43 AM »
If you want pics I have a few from AHII
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 05:29:22 AM »
We have an FSO facebook group with 40-50 members and a special events facebook group that has 120 followers and gets 150-250 views per post.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 06:04:31 AM by Nefarious »
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 07:17:57 AM »
We have an FSO facebook group with 40-50 members and a special events facebook group that has 120 followers and gets 150-250 views per post.

Is that bringing new people in?
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 07:25:33 AM »
Is that bringing new people in?

I'm not sure. Their purpose is to act as a reminder for Special Events and FSO. The FSO Group allows posting for discussion by all members, but nothing gets posted.

The postings on the AH Special Events page certainly get more views than the forums here most of the time, but 100% of FSO discussion happens here.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2016, 09:10:54 AM »
What I think kuya wants to do is get FSO numbers back up, and I would love to see happen.  One issue is that we don't see 300 people in MA, it will be difficult to get numbers up in FSO.   Never less,  we do need to better advertised FSO to attached more people to joined in the events.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 09:17:24 AM »
What I think kuya wants to do is get FSO numbers back up, and I would love to see happen.  One issue is that we don't see 300 people in MA, it will be difficult to get numbers up in FSO.   Never less,  we do need to better advertised FSO to attached more people to joined in the events.

Yes, there is some correlation between overall game numbers and FSO numbers.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 09:22:50 AM »
Yes, there is some correlation between overall game numbers and FSO numbers.

:frown:,  FSO is about the only reason I still play.  Now it getting harder to stay around.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2016, 09:57:49 AM »
:frown:,  FSO is about the only reason I still play.  Now it getting harder to stay around.

Me too. FSO is the only reason for a lot of folks I know as well. It's also why I continue to remain a CM, without new Admin and Setup CMs,  FSO will eventually lose the people who design and host the events.

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2016, 12:41:01 PM »
My intent is to recruit people into the game from the outside. Bring fresh players to the game. Special Events is a great key to that unlocking.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2016, 01:28:50 PM »
My intent is to recruit people into the game from the outside. Bring fresh players to the game. Special Events is a great key to that unlocking.

Yes, but there is a specific strategy that must be used when using the events to advertise the game. Simply linking someone to our events FB page will not help at all, because while there are some pictures, most of the information on there will only make sense to people who already play the game.

One would have to link them to the normal HTC site or videos with an emphasis on "Hey, we also have a slew of special events that are historical".
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2016, 03:56:37 PM »

That's great but could be tough to sell
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Viper61

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2016, 06:39:24 PM »
Kula I have a lot of respect for you my friend.  But I think everyone is missing the main problem.  Fact - The FSO isn't as fun as it use to be.  Recruiting will be nearly impossible unless positive changes to the game play are made.  What worked 10 years ago isn't working now.  Time to make changes in what the community wants to do and not a few guys running the CM Team want to do.  Big changes are needed.  Big ones.

Then after you recruit you have to retain that guy.  Hows this done in the current situation?  These are hard questions I have on my squad staff calls and no one has any good answers we can effect.

If the FSO was great fun we'd have pilots beating down the doors wouldn't we?

You want more recruiting, heck I'm working hard to hold on to the guys I have let alone get more.  Why don't you the CM Team help me recruit and retain by making a really fun game.

Its long over due to for root cause analysis here.

I want a great FSO community and I'm willing to work for it.  But telling us to get more folks isn't the answer here. 

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2016, 07:17:28 PM »
----
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 07:19:04 PM by swareiam »
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2016, 08:20:41 PM »
Then after you recruit you have to retain that guy.  Hows this done in the current situation?  These are hard questions I have on my squad staff calls and no one has any good answers we can effect.

I'm sure that flying in circles for 30 min before landing is a great way to promote FSO action.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 08:24:15 PM by Devil 505 »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com