Author Topic: Need More Rooks  (Read 2293 times)

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
Re: Need More Rooks
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2016, 03:37:05 PM »
The problem is when the switches happen they aren't cross squad cordinated so you end up with a lot on Knights or rooks or bish all at the same time. POTW switched rook a few months back because a lot of squads came to knight land.....right now the issue is arguably the 3 largest most active squads for prime time are all on Knights currently (JG11, POTW, G3MF) HTC couldn't control that....we just got to deal with it until side switch time is lowered...which absolutely would help ENY these days.

If one of these squads switched sides for a month or so it wouldn't affect anything negatively. What's the deal about being loyal to a virtual country.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2016, 03:38:12 PM »
The problem is when the switches happen they aren't cross squad cordinated so you end up with a lot on Knights or rooks or bish all at the same time. POTW switched rook a few months back because a lot of squads came to knight land.....right now the issue is arguably the 3 largest most active squads for prime time are all on Knights currently (JG11, POTW, G3MF) HTC couldn't control that....we just got to deal with it until side switch time is lowered...which absolutely would help ENY these days.

The side switch time isn't going to be lowered again, so you might as well just forget anyone ever thought of that idea. Some of you guys seem to LIKE to bang your head against the wall on this, it just baffles me why you continue.

On the other hand, you have the makings of a fix, move your squad! If you find the times you fly squad nights....or the time the majority of your squadmates fly that you have ENY issues, are flying with a horde going against lightly defended bases wouldn't it make sense that one of the over sized squads switch permanently, or until another imbalance bring it back up again??

Im sure this would be easier if these squads hadn't grown so large. Maybe the pigs could rearrange their members so they have a Euro time group, an east coast time group and a west coast time group. Then each squad could pick the team that works best in that time zone to alleviate ENY or lack of fight issues.

A lot of this can be worked out by the players. If they refuse to adjust then they are going to be stuck, like everyone else with poor game play options.   

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2016, 03:42:03 PM »
As much as I don't like the 12 hour rule it's not going to change. So it's a dead horse. It's not hard to message another squad and cordinate a switch. Our squad The Few have always rotat d countries once a month just to combat this problem.  I hate it when we get to the knights because it's very over crowded. I almost always switch to find a fight anyways.

The Few

-Spek

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2016, 03:43:56 PM »
As much as I don't like the 12 hour rule it's not going to change. So it's a dead horse. It's not hard to message another squad and cordinate a switch. Our squad The Few have always rotat d countries once a month just to combat this problem.  I hate it when we get to the knights because it's very over crowded. I almost always switch to find a fight anyways.

Its a 6 hour rule.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2016, 03:55:50 PM »
If one of these squads switched sides for a month or so it wouldn't affect anything negatively. What's the deal about being loyal to a virtual country.

well me for once I dont like the 49th and they are rook and I hate the bishops.  so that leaves me with the knights.

as for not switching what is the big deal.  well if you dont know you the answer, you'll never understand it.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2016, 04:44:40 PM »
well me for once I dont like the 49th and they are rook and I hate the bishops.  so that leaves me with the knights.

as for not switching what is the big deal.  well if you dont know you the answer, you'll never understand it.

semp

I mean if you like flying in hordes of greens then I guess you have a point.  But saying you hate the bishops you have the problem in this situation and you ain't helping.

The Few

-Spek

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2016, 04:53:24 PM »
I mean if you like flying in hordes of greens then I guess you have a point.  But saying you hate the bishops you have the problem in this situation and you ain't helping.

well I am not in the squad the switched countries and causes everybody to leave.  that aint helping either.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2016, 04:55:24 PM »
well I am not in the squad the switched countries and causes everybody to leave.  that aint helping either.

semp

I'm not gonna waste anymore time with your logic lol. Have a good one.

The Few

-Spek

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2016, 05:04:17 PM »
I still don't see the problem, even if you are in a squad you can switch countries, it's fun to kill squadies too.  :D
You take this game way too seriously.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2016, 06:54:49 PM »
well me for once I dont like the 49th and they are rook and I hate the bishops. 

Some might say you are taking this game way too seriously.

- oldman 

- Just sayin' (t/m Pasha)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2016, 11:00:01 PM »
Not saying any of them are loyal to one side or the other...its that they aren't coordinated with each other so they end up on the same side as the others which causes a big shift in numbers during certain time of day.

The side switch time isn't going to be lowered again, so you might as well just forget anyone ever thought of that idea. Some of you guys seem to LIKE to bang your head against the wall on this, it just baffles me why you continue.

On the other hand, you have the makings of a fix, move your squad! If you find the times you fly squad nights....or the time the majority of your squadmates fly that you have ENY issues, are flying with a horde going against lightly defended bases wouldn't it make sense that one of the over sized squads switch permanently, or until another imbalance bring it back up again??

Im sure this would be easier if these squads hadn't grown so large. Maybe the pigs could rearrange their members so they have a Euro time group, an east coast time group and a west coast time group. Then each squad could pick the team that works best in that time zone to alleviate ENY or lack of fight issues.

A lot of this can be worked out by the players. If they refuse to adjust then they are going to be stuck, like everyone else with poor game play options.   
POTW has already done this to even out the numbers....The flat out fact your saying the players have to do something to fix it should make it clear that HTC should rethink its decision...

I'll beat this horse until its changed or the ENY threads stop popping up on the BBS....how many of the ENY threads we have this week 2? 2 last week??? Seems to me like we've had one started ever week this year...by different people none the less.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2016, 02:40:49 AM »
Depending on the squad identity (in our case fly loose deuce) and sharing the same teamspeak makes it kinda messy.
We switch to Knights 2 months per year.

I still don't see the problem, even if you are in a squad you can switch countries, it's fun to kill squadies too.  :D
You take this game way too seriously.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2016, 05:08:49 AM »
That and I also doubt it happens as much as people think.

This!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline awrabbit

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2016, 08:54:04 AM »
Fellers, Some of you remember me, and some of you dont and some of you could care less <G>

I have been flying Rooks for the last couple weeks.  the Rooks could be much more effective with more team work among the people.  The low numbers dont mean crap with a well organized force. breaking off 2 groups to fight both fronts can be effective if both groups are well organized.

Some Great Squadrons on the Rook side and they could organize the masses and make this happen. they have great leadership that is respected.

I would like to get with some folks and find a find some wingies so that I can be more effective and assist in the war effort. it could just be a couple people that want to  fly together with me through the whole sortie and we are commuted to keeping each other clear.

I dive into a fight and hold my own pretty good 1v1 or even 1v2 but, it seems like I get deserted and end up getting knocked down by someone that bounces me while I am engaged.

with a dedicated wingman for me things would be more enjoyable. but it always seems that it is everyone for themselves. base taking is great. and I totally support those efforts. and would fly cap for that activity anytime.  I am not a GVer or a Buff driver. my job is to get my wingman home to land his kills. 

I switched over to knits the night before last and its the same thing.   When I flew AH and other sims before I was always in a squadron that stuck together and could wing up and fly sound tactics and rtb with scalps or at least my wingman would be landing scalps. at my level of gunnery right now I would even fly #2 and keep the leads 6 clear while he worked over the enemy. if my wing man lands kills and gets home safe then its a win for me too.

the quality of the pilots here in AH are no joke.  good SA and sound tactics are not going to save you without strong teamwork and a couple wingies that you can fly with when I am up.   I would say that i dont mind being a lone wolf at times but, I am feeling like I am on my own all of the time. and end of at the lead of a conga line or being bounced by someone when i am engaged in another fight.  and it gets discouraging. Back in the old days there was always someone willing to give me a shout and wing up with me.

when I was with the 412th we were a scary force and could dominate and dictate battles outcome and protect our buffs and ground units.   is there still anyone at all out there? I would love to join a solid Squadron with this kind of team work.  maybe a little looser but with dedication to protecting each other, not getting killed and having to replane and land scalps. although I have been in many squads I am not a squad hopper.... I have just been around for so long that I have been part of a lot of good groups and once again would like to be part of another. anyone who knows me and has flown with me knows that I take a wing man assignment very serious and I am dedicated to squad operations.

<End Rant>

Rabbit

Former

412th Braunco Mustangs

Damned

Smoking Wrecks

Foreign Legion : this Squad would switch sides if numbers were low to assist low number country.

The Questionables <?> : This Squad would do the same as above.

Rabbit

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2016, 09:41:34 AM »
If they're hiding the CV it deserves to be sunk.
:aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!