Author Topic: I Hate windows 10!!!!  (Read 1787 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Re: I Hate windows 10!!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2016, 12:51:12 PM »
It's no faster than Windows 7, unless you had way too many programs installed on Windows 7. If you upgraded your system since Windows 7 I can see how you might feel like it's faster, but that's about it.

New installs of both, Windows 10 starts and shuts down faster than Windows 7. I would debate some application performance too.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2016, 01:04:42 PM »
Learn to right-click and win10 has a much better GUI than win7.---

On that part I must agree. Actually, sometimes I find myself right clicking the start button on a customer's 7 just because it's so handy in 8/10. Note that I'm using 7 at home so I should know how it works...

What bugs me the most is there's settings you can do in the Control Panel, there's settings you can do in the Start Menu, there's settings you can do both ways, or the Start Menu applet sends you to Control Panel. Some settings should be able to be done in one of the two, but the only viable way is to use the admin Command Prompt! Why on Earth did they have to partially reinvent the wheel?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2016, 01:59:53 PM »
The elevated command prompt goes back to Vista.

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2016, 02:10:21 PM »
One day I'll get a laptop refresh at work and be forced into Windows 10.  On that day I'll be going here: http://www.classicshell.net
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2016, 02:21:15 PM »
One day I'll get a laptop refresh at work and be forced into Windows 10.  On that day I'll be going here: http://www.classicshell.net

I used that with Windows 8. It really isn't needed with 10.

The real pain with the windows 8 like interface is on the Windows Server 2012. Windows Server 2016 is much better.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2016, 02:27:11 PM »
I am considering to buy a fresh copy of windows 7 to install onto my new laptop. Now be honest now and tell me how badly I will damage the fresh new laptop???
I just don't feel the usability as I once had in windows 7... its that plain and simple...

<S> Morph0

MDJOE its great to see you're still here. First I see you then who's next Tzr??? I miss gaming with that dude!
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2016, 02:42:03 PM »
I am considering to buy a fresh copy of windows 7 to install onto my new laptop. Now be honest now and tell me how badly I will damage the fresh new laptop???
I just don't feel the usability as I once had in windows 7... its that plain and simple...

<S> Morph0

MDJOE its great to see you're still here. First I see you then who's next Tzr??? I miss gaming with that dude!
Windows 10 is better than Windows 7 in most ways, particularly for gaming.  You're becoming a crotchety old man who doesn't like change simply because it is change.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2016, 02:44:32 PM »
The biggest issue in downgrading might be getting all the motherboard drivers right. Check the manufacturer's support site if your model has been shipped with 7, that would make the process much easier.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2016, 04:31:26 PM »
Windows 10 is better than Windows 7 in most ways, particularly for gaming.  You're becoming a crotchety old man who doesn't like change simply because it is change.

Wrong... I didn't know 35 was old. And this is a laptop not a gaming system. Why wouldn't the laptop support windows 7?
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2016, 04:40:27 PM »
I still use W7 and haven't tried W10 yet but if you have W10 already and just got it then I'd advise you take some time to adjust to it. You can always switch to W7 later if you still don't like W10 after you get used to it.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2016, 04:41:49 PM »
I used Windows 7 Pro for a long long time. I finally went to 10 Pro and after testing on one computer I upgraded all 5 of my home machines to 10 Pro.

I then upgraded all the machines at the shop to 10 Pro.

I do not care for Windows 10 Home.... 10 Pro is the best.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2016, 05:59:09 PM »
Wrong... I didn't know 35 was old. And this is a laptop not a gaming system. Why wouldn't the laptop support windows 7?

In the stone age you'd be a village elder by now. I'd be long dead... ;)

If your laptop was made for win10 there may not be drivers available for win7. Most laptops need hardware specific drivers from the manufacturer, and they usually don't make drivers for older operating systems than what was shipped with the computer.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2016, 06:15:47 PM »
Switch from Windows 7 to Windows 8. Then you will love the upgrade from 8 to 10. Or maybe just use ME, Vista, or even MS-DOS 4 for a while, then upgrade.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2016, 06:17:54 PM »
Windows 7 is quite stable though. I work for an MSP with about 75 clients and most still use Windows 7.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2016, 10:01:23 PM »
Its good to see you back Morph!

<S>

Fugitive, AKA MDJOE of the 444th Air Mafia.

Yeah, what he said.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54