Author Topic: I Hate windows 10!!!!  (Read 1778 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: I Hate windows 10!!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2016, 05:29:15 AM »
Is a wonderful sight to see you posting Morpheus!

You will find both many who claim Windows 10 to be better/faster than Windows 7 (I'm only referring to 64bit OS's here) and many who will claim the opposite...

I personally did the free upgrades on 3 computers to Windows 10 Pro ( 2 were Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, 1 was Windows 8.1 Pro) but after less than a month's use, I converted back to their original OS's....

If a person keeps their Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 properly cleaned from bloated software and programs installed in a proper manner <----- referring to a clean and tweaked OS installation here...then about the only new thing that I see Windows 10 having over Windows 7 is the DX12

Windows10 downside is Microsoft wanting to have more control over your OS than you do... at the very best, if I was going to go back to Windows 10, I would only go with Windows10 Enterprise ( it's early here just waking up, think that is the version I would choose ) because it gives you about most control you going to get over updates , etc

Hope this helps, great seeing you on the boards, have a blessed day!

TC

« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 08:07:53 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2016, 07:53:38 AM »
It's no faster than Windows 7, unless you had way too many programs installed on Windows 7. If you upgraded your system since Windows 7 I can see how you might feel like it's faster, but that's about it.

But it is, and notably faster on lower performing computers.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2016, 08:33:55 AM »
Switch from Windows 7 to Windows 8. Then you will love the upgrade from 8 to 10. Or maybe just use ME, Vista, or even MS-DOS 4 for a while, then upgrade.

I went from w7 to w10. I still hate w10. I need to find out if I can switch back??? THAHAT is stupid!!! I will never stop loving windows 7. Its strong and it supports dang near everything... It may be an old timer but its got no rust for me.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2016, 08:58:59 AM »
But it is, and notably faster on lower performing computers.

No, it isn't. Your perception may be that it is, but that is all.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2016, 09:14:07 AM »
I went from w7 to w10. I still hate w10. I need to find out if I can switch back??? THAHAT is stupid!!! I will never stop loving windows 7. Its strong and it supports dang near everything... It may be an old timer but its got no rust for me.

Morpheus, you can create a disc image of your current Windows 10 installation on that laptop and save it to an USB Stick or DVD, or an external hard drive and you then should be able to roll back to Windows 7 (if that is what was on the laptop to begin with and you used the free upgrade to Windows 10)

Or if not, still create an disc image of the current install, then just reformat and install Windows 7 (which ever version you desire) although I recommend Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2016, 09:37:57 AM »
I just got this nice HP Laptop with this retarded windows 10 OS and I have to say how badly I HATE this OS and want to downgrade to windows 7... what do you all think?
<S>
Morph

They'll pry me out of Windows 7 just like they pried me out of Windows 2000.  Aces High is the only reason I am not a full-time Linux Mint user. 

I have hopes for Chromium.     

Skuzzy uses 10 I think...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 09:43:23 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2016, 10:15:58 AM »

Whithin 30 days you have your backup of Win 7 still on your system and can go back easily.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2016, 10:27:11 AM »
<snip>
Skuzzy uses 10 I think...

I have no idea what gave you that impression.  We have a Windows 10 system, in house.  We have to so we can support it, but I find it a pain in the tush to deal with simply because of the problems we have had with it.

Most things end users would never see.  The resetting of the settings we need has cost us a number of hours of development time.  Then the inconsistencies of some things just frustrate us.

Personally, I use Windows 7 Pro and that is the last Microsoft operating system I will ever have on my personal computers.  I just see no advantage to going to Windows 10 at all.  I'd have to spend a chunk of change to install third party software to do things which came with Windows 7 Pro.  It makes no sense to me.

Morpehus, the biggest problems with laptops are finding all the drivers you would need to be able to run Windows 7.  If you can find all the drivers (motherboard chipset, audio, video, network, ....) for Windows 7, then go for it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2016, 10:45:18 AM »
I have no idea what gave you that impression.  We have a Windows 10 system, in house.  We have to so we can support it, but I find it a pain in the tush to deal with simply because of the problems we have had with it.

Most things end users would never see.  The resetting of the settings we need has cost us a number of hours of development time.  Then the inconsistencies of some things just frustrate us.

Personally, I use Windows 7 Pro and that is the last Microsoft operating system I will ever have on my personal computers.  I just see no advantage to going to Windows 10 at all.  I'd have to spend a chunk of change to install third party software to do things which came with Windows 7 Pro.  It makes no sense to me.

Morpehus, the biggest problems with laptops are finding all the drivers you would need to be able to run Windows 7.  If you can find all the drivers (motherboard chipset, audio, video, network, ....) for Windows 7, then go for it.

I remember you mentioned Windows 10.  Now I know why I had that (incorrect) impression.

I figured the OP would appreciate your input.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2016, 12:09:42 PM »
I've seen a lot of problems with Windows 7 updating over the last year or so (we manage a couple of thousand of these). I suspect, but can't prove, that Microsoft is intentionally causing this to push people to 10. 
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2016, 12:21:54 PM »
I've seen a lot of problems with Windows 7 updating over the last year or so (we manage a couple of thousand of these). I suspect, but can't prove, that Microsoft is intentionally causing this to push people to 10.

The fact all those update issues started when Microsoft initiated the "Get Windows 10" marketing program cannot be a coincidence.  Many people suspect they are intentionally handicapping Windows 7 to urge people to move to Windows 10.

Once they figured out many were not going to move, they started pushing out updates which provided the same telemetry data as Windows 10 does, but it hurts the performance of Windows 7 tremendously.

Once people figured out which update it was, which was causing it, they rolled all the updates into one package and made it so you could not remove the telemetry update.

Fun stuff.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2016, 01:00:53 PM »
And that's called "legal".

Should I try something like that in the marketing of my one-man enterprise, I'd get sued and land in jail.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2016, 03:55:39 PM »
There's a workaround on Win7 updates that works.   I did it.   It requires three KBs downloaded and installed in the proper order with Windows Update disabled.   There's a thread I started complaining about Windows 7 with the link.   It worked like a charm.    No more five day waits for an update.

”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2016, 04:02:04 PM »
Here is a link to a link for the Win7 Update fix.  It *WORKED*.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,383848.msg5106382.html#msg5106382
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2016, 05:49:07 PM »
Here is a link to a link for the Win7 Update fix.  It *WORKED*.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,383848.msg5106382.html#msg5106382

so much better after you intstall the suggested updates.  only problem is that after leaving my computer on to download the first update.  it still hasnt updated.  you think 24 hrs would be enough.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.