Author Topic: X52 Twisty stick woes  (Read 682 times)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
X52 Twisty stick woes
« on: December 26, 2016, 06:03:48 PM »
My X52 stick is starting to freak out when using the twisty stick function of it. It has gotten to the point of jumping around at the slightest touch or completely kicking off autopilot with the "dont move your controls rapidly" message. I have it dampened some but its getting to the point of totally deadening it or unmapping it. Is there a fix or should it just be unmapped
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: X52 Twisty stick woes
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 06:47:15 PM »
Sometimes my X-52s have gone crazy like that.  The fix was to unplug the cables from the joystick to the throttle and to the usb hub, wait a few seconds and then plug back in the same port.  Using the same port means you keep your stick settings.  Always worked for me.  Certain X-52s do this more than others (I have had 3 or 4) and the fix may only last a few days.  Then just repeat the process.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Pandemic

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 12:08:18 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 06:39:44 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 12:46:34 AM »
My X52 stick is starting to freak out when using the twisty stick function of it. It has gotten to the point of jumping around at the slightest touch or completely kicking off autopilot with the "dont move your controls rapidly" message. I have it dampened some but its getting to the point of totally deadening it or unmapping it. Is there a fix or should it just be unmapped

Mine does that sometimes too.  I find that if I move the Z Axis quite aggressively for about 5-10 seconds, while moving the stick through it's X, Y positions, that
the problem goes away.
Mine probably needs a good cleaning, but this is working ok for now.

Coogan  :joystick:
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 06:30:00 AM »
You may already be using one....but I found using a powered Usb hub made all the difference. My X52 was doing the same thing until I got one
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 06:57:29 AM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 06:50:23 AM »
The problem being reported here is a common one for the X52.  The Z (twisty) axis does not seem to age well at all.

This is not anything Aces High III has any control over.  Matter of fact, it is something NO application has any control over.  At least we present you with the raw numbers the operating system is giving us (those numbers in parentheses is exactly what the operating system is passing to the game), so you can tell if it is stick related of settings related.

If anyone has had an issue with our support, please let me know about it.  As far as I know, all emails still get answered.  All phone calls are answered, while we are in the office, and we still answer questions on the bulletin board.  I am asking because Pandemic seems to think we are not providing support to our customers.  I believe our customer support is second to none.  If you do not think so, then I need to know what happened to give you that belief.  Please PM me, email me, or call me.

Thank you.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Pandemic

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 03:11:18 PM »
Hey Skuzzy,

I've been around since 1999 and my opinion stands.  You guys seem a lot more touchy these days.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 03:33:20 PM »
I was addressing your comment about us not having time to address a support issue.  Not sure how that equates to "more touchy".

If I came to your place of business and told you ,you were not doing your job, how would you react?

I thought my response was not defensive at all.  If you read it like that, then I did a poor job of presenting my concerns.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Pandemic

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 03:35:27 PM »
let's just kiss and make-up  :cry

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 05:49:49 PM »
I know mine is a stick issue, looks like I have to take it apart and do some maintenance
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 06:09:41 PM »
You can only blame so much on HTC support ..... like the internet and such.

Offline Pandemic

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2016, 11:06:00 PM »
Thanks for those words of wisdom.  My day will be super sunshiny and special now. :salute