Author Topic: WEP gone after disco  (Read 676 times)

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
WEP gone after disco
« on: December 31, 2016, 04:52:00 AM »
I had just taken off in a 109G2, I hit WEP before the disco and came back in less than 30 seconds.  When I returned my WEP only lasted a few seconds more and was out for good.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Re: WEP gone after disco
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 05:47:34 AM »
WEP has always been gone after coming back from a disco. Otherwise, what would keep people from running out of WEP, pulling their cord,  coming back with full WEP?
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 03:21:05 PM »
WEP has always been gone after coming back from a disco. Otherwise, what would keep people from running out of WEP, pulling their cord,  coming back with full WEP?

Proper coding
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 03:36:50 PM »
Proper coding

How would the game know the difference between a disco, and someone pulling the plug?

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 06:39:04 PM »

What if one has not used WEP at all, then discoed. Shouldn't they have full WEP when they return?

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 07:56:03 PM »
What if one has not used WEP at all, then discoed. Shouldn't they have full WEP when they return?

Coogan

Should, yes, but you wont.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2016, 09:57:21 PM »
Should, yes, but you wont.
:rofl  OK then.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 06:08:16 AM »
How would the game know the difference between a disco, and someone pulling the plug?

The game tracks your plane while you are gone already, should be no different than just subracting the time of WEP you wouldve used, not all of it.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 12:09:39 PM »
The game tracks your plane while you are gone already, should be no different than just subracting the time of WEP you wouldve used, not all of it.

you still using the WEP while your discoed and trying to get back in. What your asking for then is to have the WEP turned off when you disco.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017, 12:37:14 PM »
you still using the WEP while your discoed and trying to get back in. What your asking for then is to have the WEP turned off when you disco.

No, i'm asking for my plane to lose the amount of WEP equal to the amount of time I was disco'd, not to come back instantly and low the plane's entire WEP, which for the 109 is extremely long.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2017, 12:44:31 PM »
No, i'm asking for my plane to lose the amount of WEP equal to the amount of time I was disco'd, not to come back instantly and low the plane's entire WEP, which for the 109 is extremely long.

Personally I think the loss of WEP is a minor issue and a small price to pay for a disco. Not so many years ago a disco meant tower period. I think they have bigger problems to worry about than a lack of WEP when you come back from a disco.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2017, 01:33:58 PM »
Personally I think the loss of WEP is a minor issue and a small price to pay for a disco. Not so many years ago a disco meant tower period. I think they have bigger problems to worry about than a lack of WEP when you come back from a disco.

There shouldn't be any price to pay for a disco, though it is great that we can atleast go back to our planes now.

Offline mutha

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2017, 01:51:49 PM »
There shouldn't be any price to pay for a disco, though it is great that we can atleast go back to our planes now.

Heya Haggerty -

I believe the loss of WEP on returning from a disco is to discourage those who might intentionally pull the plug when they are at a disadvantage. 

I've never actually seen anyone disco/disappear during a fight. I hope that very few would resort to such a thing.

Mutha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2017, 08:36:53 AM »

Most of the times WEP is used in a fighting situation, so it really wouldn't matter. The AI controlled plane during your absence usually couldn't escape anyway. My planes mostly are speeding downwards very near the surface when a disco happens, so it's a 50-50 chance to find myself in the tower.

I find there's a prize instead of a price. It's very satisfying to get back into the plane having discoed on a long bomb run - unless the disco happens right when you're about to drop the eggs. Should that be the case, I'd sure wish they made the terrain below stop during the disco!
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2017, 03:13:59 PM »
found a fix, was flying the P38G and disco'd when the wife pulled the plug.  Came back to the same amount of WEP