Author Topic: Puffy Ack Laser Accuracy  (Read 1757 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Puffy Ack Laser Accuracy
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2017, 01:10:45 PM »
I'm wondering if maybe the puffy ack damage model over the city strat could be looked at? There seems to be some rather inconsistent damage going on.

For example...

Scenario 1:
I went up the other night to hit a city strat in Lancasters as it was a close spawn and losing Lanc's better than losing say a set of B29's. Due to the close proximity I took 25 % fuel and was only able to get up to about 10,000 Ft or less. I made 2 full passes on the strat with minimal puffy ack damage at that low altitude and was able to go back and land all 3 bombers

Scenario 2:
Last night I went up in B29's again to hit a city strat. This was an almost 2 hour round trip flight taking off with 75% fuel and arrived at the strat at 28,000 ft. Puffy laser ack hit me and INSTANTLY I was on fire and lost a bomber.

Now...I'm all for puffy ack and having damage but the above 2 scenarios seem just a little lopsided to me. Lanc's are not the most durable planes as we all know, especially at low alt over puffy ack. B29's take a lot more damage and at almost 3 times the altitude get blown to bits after 1 ping. It seemed to be previously when I would get hit almost always there would be damage (i.e. - center fuel tank gets hit) - not instantly getting set on fire.

Could someone take a look and see?

Cheers,
Elec1

The more you attack the more chances they have of hitting you. You did not describe laser ack but you called it that.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
Re: Puffy Ack Laser Accuracy
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2017, 09:16:48 AM »
For science, I bombed the city strat with the twin flak bases.  30k B17's, Lost one to fire on the way out, lost a 2nd drone after I was long gone, but I think it was because I had a good amount of speed and hit auto climb.  Was looking over clipboard maps when I heard it explode.
Then tried to land my last bomber on a friendly CV but HeidyHo and Navy84 kept turning it at the right moment on purpose to cause me to break apart.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai