Author Topic: The Expanse  (Read 3955 times)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: The Expanse
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2017, 04:32:04 PM »
Season 1 was kind of slow, and my wife lost interest shortly after season 2 started. I've liked it from the get-go, but then I'm a bigger Sci-Fi nerd than she is...and I play Elite Dangerous too.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2017, 06:19:09 PM »
You "broke down?" You had promised yourself that you weren't going to watch it or something?  :huh
It was further down the "To Binge watch' list
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 06:20:47 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2017, 07:56:47 PM »
Like the Series and have read all the books.   The only problem I see is that if they keep going at the current rate they will never make it to the end of the series.  It took 2 seasons just to get the protomolecule to Venus, so at the this rate the real good stuff should be airing in the year 2025 or so. 

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2017, 12:21:21 AM »
It was further down the "To Binge watch' list

Ah... :)
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2017, 11:38:42 AM »
I think "Bobbi" is poorly cast. She is bigger then average but still to much baby fat and she runs around like a little kid wanting to play with war. If I hear one more "let us at earth" comment from her I'm going to puke. Theres 20b people on earth, are a few Marian marines going to kill them all?

By the time you reach gunnery SGT in the Corp you should have some maturity and leadership ability. She has none. Now a good actor for her role would have been the girl who played the admiral in BSG Razor, at least a younger version. Now theres a woman that even scared me.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2017, 12:16:52 PM »
Again, her being a whiny brat is not the actor's fault, but the screen writer and director. She's just doing what they want her to do.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2017, 07:18:54 PM »
Anderson Dawes is up to his old bag of tricks again. Splitting up the opposition, changing their loyalties. I know he got that #2 on Tycho to stab Fred in the back and get that scientist off the station in a different ship. Turning the kid was easy, just promise him some woman and wine. Now he's working on Naomi who already left that goo floating out there instead of doing what they wanted to.

I only read the first book when they were first written so everything now is pretty new to me. The books are good but I have so many other books open all the time at the same time its hard to keep up.

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2017, 08:53:32 PM »
I think "Bobbi" is poorly cast. She is bigger then average but still to much baby fat and she runs around like a little kid wanting to play with war. If I hear one more "let us at earth" comment from her I'm going to puke. Theres 20b people on earth, are a few Marian marines going to kill them all?

By the time you reach gunnery SGT in the Corp you should have some maturity and leadership ability. She has none. Now a good actor for her role would have been the girl who played the admiral in BSG Razor, at least a younger version. Now theres a woman that even scared me.

I'll give this on a bit more time yet - none of the really good stuff happens until Bobbi gets to Earth.  Too bad Rhonda Rousey can't act - she would have been a sufficiently believable kicker of backsides to play a marine. 

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2017, 12:14:01 AM »
I'll give this on a bit more time yet - none of the really good stuff happens until Bobbi gets to Earth.  Too bad Rhonda Rousey can't act - she would have been a sufficiently believable kicker of backsides to play a marine.

Bobbi is > 6ft and polynesian - I don't think rousey fits that.

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2017, 12:45:08 AM »
Sampled it.  Hooked.

:salute
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2017, 01:50:03 PM »
Didnt look like Bobbi was dumb enough to buy that "Im a chaplain" story from that Capt. last week. He looked as much like a chaplain as Jason Borne does.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2017, 02:19:25 PM »

Hah, I got yelled at on another board for pointing out the same thing, that Bobbi in the books is a 6'5 muscle bound monster of Martian genetics, while in the TV show she looks like miss Piggy, her silver under armor suit looks like it has an air bladder puffed up in the middle, very rolly polly looking. 

In a later book a Martian character is on earth, and can't believe the propaganda from Mars is all wrong, and that 30 billion "earthers" aren't just fatsos sitting around taking free drugs and eating free food, but are just as motivated and switched on as the Martians think themselves.  They are overdoing it a bit on the TV show, every time there are MMC Marines on screen, there are lines about "bags of crap" from Earth and how they should be invading yesterday.  This and fat Bobbie Draper are the only 2 issues I've had with the entire show, it's been a near perfect TV sci fi show to this point, every episode has had something I've enjoyed.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2017, 09:55:17 AM »
She's near perfect...the problem for the Bobbi character, there just isn't a polynesian actress in Vancouver that is 6'5" and muscle bound.  At least she's 6' - just needs to buff up more

As the saying goes... 'cause 2/3 ain't bad'.

Now - how many of you starting singing that meatloaf song in your head?  :D

"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2017, 02:13:53 PM »
She's near perfect...the problem for the Bobbi character, there just isn't a polynesian actress in Vancouver that is 6'5" and muscle bound.  At least she's 6' - just needs to buff up more

As the saying goes... 'cause 2/3 ain't bad'.

Now - how many of you starting singing that meatloaf song in your head?  :D
Guilty! Meat Loaf was an underappreciated musical genius of his time. I'm actually in the process of recording a country cover of that song, btw. I'll let you know when it's finished.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2017, 02:26:35 PM »
Oops. Filming location is 'TARANA' (as we Canucks call it) not 'KOOVER.'  Battlestar Galactica was filmed in Koover (my bad).

Sabre - YOUTUBE BABY! We'll make it go viral. :x

Any comments on this weeks episode? Watched it last night.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech