Author Topic: The Expanse  (Read 3846 times)

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
Re: The Expanse
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2017, 03:17:59 PM »
Yeah, I watched it last night, too. Fred Johnson seems to have a short memory about people saving his behind, when he started to argue that the Rossi belonged to him. Good episode overall.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline 63tb

• Copper Member
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2017, 07:38:21 AM »
When Drummer picked up the gun, do you think she was she getting revenge or tying up loose ends?

63tb

Offline donnieboy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2017, 11:51:35 AM »
When Drummer picked up the gun, do you think she was she getting revenge or tying up loose ends?

63tb

Both for sure

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2017, 02:54:58 PM »
Yeah, I watched it last night, too. Fred Johnson seems to have a short memory about people saving his behind, when he started to argue that the Rossi belonged to him. Good episode overall.

In the book they have an argument about the missiles, miller etc. There is a time gap where Holden has been doing anti-piracy work, breaks up with naomi because he's acting like miller (ruthless). In the book there is no crazy scientist that escapes tyco.

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2017, 09:06:35 AM »
cant remember exactly how it was in the book ,did not Naomi & Holden gave the last piece of proto from the first book to Fred ? it seems like on the serries they send in on a course to sun...
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2017, 02:14:58 PM »
cant remember exactly how it was in the book ,did not Naomi & Holden gave the last piece of proto from the first book to Fred ? it seems like on the serries they send in on a course to sun...

yup.

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2017, 10:38:35 PM »
No they didn't send it into the sun. Naomi faked it and left the torpedo intact near a space rock to collect later. What she showed Holden was a simulation.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline donnieboy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2017, 10:07:44 AM »
I'm still hooked, but last night's episode seemed to drag a little for me. and Bobby is just too soft and squishy to be any kind of Marine...

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2017, 12:00:24 PM »
Well I know what happens to that PM missile in the book tho I wont say it and ruin it here. Actually in the books its already happened. The last two episodes have been boring frankly. Two more to go this season.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline donnieboy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2017, 02:43:00 PM »
Has anyone read Babylon"s Ashes? I want to, but it's priced a lot higher than the first 6 or 7 books.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2017, 09:20:16 AM »
Great episode last night but all the commercial breaks were driving me nuts. For threatening to cancel they aure are selling a lot of commercial time on the show.

The "real" Bobby finally broke out. She was smacking guys left and right.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2017, 03:39:34 AM »
Has anyone read Babylon"s Ashes? I want to, but it's priced a lot higher than the first 6 or 7 books.

I am about to finish it , on the last chapter, if you buy kindle version from amazon its alil bit cheaper... (compared to paperback version) there also 2nd on amazon as well...
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline donnieboy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2017, 07:51:47 AM »
I am about to finish it , on the last chapter, if you buy kindle version from amazon its alil bit cheaper... (compared to paperback version) there also 2nd on amazon as well...

Gman was kind enough to lend me a copy and I just finished it last night. I was not dissapointed. It actually makes me more dissapointed with the series after reading it. Naomi is of asian descent for Pete's sake. Holden is not a man-boy. Amos is bald and Bobbi is a life taking beast, not the Stay Puff Marshmallo Girl. But I'm still going to watch every episode... :evil:

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2017, 10:16:48 AM »
Gman was kind enough to lend me a copy and I just finished it last night. I was not dissapointed. It actually makes me more dissapointed with the series after reading it. Naomi is of asian descent for Pete's sake. Holden is not a man-boy. Amos is bald and Bobbi is a life taking beast, not the Stay Puff Marshmallo Girl. But I'm still going to watch every episode... :evil:

all true :)
- Der Wander Zirkus -