Author Topic: Game Randomly and repeatedly loses TIR while flying  (Read 680 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Game Randomly and repeatedly loses TIR while flying
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2017, 05:59:17 AM »
Curious.  This happening with either DX9 or DX11 versions?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2017, 08:50:24 AM »
Mine is with DX11. And when it happens TIR doesn't lose head tracking. That light stays lit. The in-game light, the one on the right stops. It's as if I've closed the game. And what's odd about it is that I don't seem to just randomly lose TIR. If and when it happens it's usually at the beginning of a session in AH. First flight, first takeoff roll. I'll look around and... I'm not looking around with TIR anymore. Close out the game, relog and I'm back in business. On Friday nights I'll fly FSO after that without issue and then into the wee hours after that without issue. But if it's gonna happen it's always that first roll.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2017, 05:07:07 PM »
Curious.  This happening with either DX9 or DX11 versions?

When it happened to me it was DX9 with AH2. Like Drano it was often right after starting the first flight.

It did not get worse with AH3 with either DX version but I've hardly used TIR since I got VR.

If Rapier has Win10 I expect it's the OS power saving.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2017, 07:27:23 PM »
Skuzzy,

Just did a simple test with TR to test for transient lighting. I have the slider to ignore lighting less than the threshold set to 253 or the max. I started TR and had the GUI open so I can see the green lights from the camera reflection. I turned on a high intensity mini light and aimed it at the camera. The camera was over whelmed and froze. Then I aimed it at my glasses from many angles and the camera never froze, nor did red light spots show up in the window that records the green spots for IR camera return pickup as transient light sources.

AH3 in both DX9\DX11 randomly switches my direction of focus for TR when I'm playing the game.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2017, 11:58:29 AM »
In my case anyway, I am NOT losing head tracking... In TIR. You can lose that just by moving your head too far to the side so the camera can't see it and it'll grab it again as soon as you move back. What's happening is some communication glitch between the game and the app, one way or the other. Once that occurs head tracking in AH is lost. TIR is still tracking my head just fine.

Further, I wear glasses when flying most of the time. I had an issue with the IR light from the camera reflecting off the lenses causing wierd jumps. I turned off the IR lights on the camera in the cfg file and have an IR ball cap setup. Problem solved.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2017, 12:21:42 PM »
Ok, moved it back to the bug reports forum.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2017, 02:45:15 PM »
Not sure if it the right place but here goes...
When the game crashes ..discos..etc
You restart the game to get back in and get in your plane that's still hopefully flying but trackir does not work..even though you started game fresh..slightly odd..very annoying..makes it almost unplayable..have to relog again to get it back..is it some thing to do with AI..??
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2017, 06:05:19 PM »
Not sure if it the right place but here goes...
When the game crashes ..discos..etc
You restart the game to get back in and get in your plane that's still hopefully flying but trackir does not work..even though you started game fresh..slightly odd..very annoying..makes it almost unplayable..have to relog again to get it back..is it some thing to do with AI..??

I have had this happen too, and found that TIR was staying on during the disco (the little blue light on the camera stayed on) until I reconnect to the game then for some reason it turns the camera off. I found if I shut down TIR then restart it before starting AH it cured the problem.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2017, 06:58:49 PM »
thats good to know thanks,
 still be nice if HT could put some 0 and 1`s together to fix it, time is of the essence to get back in plane after a disco..
 :salute Jimmy
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2017, 08:25:11 PM »
Might be a clue. Just now I'm loggiing on. Start the game. Have TIR running. Game starts, right light comes on as it should. I'm at the start screen before selecting anything. I notice as I'm moving my head side to side that there's an odd light behind the clipboard that comes and goes as I'm moving my head. Then TIR lost AH. Tracking stayed on but it was if the game had closed. It's still tracking right now. Thought I'd pass it along.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2017, 07:25:41 AM »
Oh and true to form once I relogged I flew in the melee arena for hours without issue.<Shrug>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"