Author Topic: Strange game crash phenomenon.  (Read 180 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Strange game crash phenomenon.
« on: February 09, 2017, 03:37:23 PM »
This has happened to me twice including this last crash in the last week.

I will start the game as the DX11 executable. Minimize it and let cloud fronts run for 30 minutes or so. When I maximize it to check on the clouds, I get a DX9 executable game error. Upon using task manager to close it down, it is aceshigh9.exe running. I just checked my two short cuts and they each target the correct executable. I just relaunched the DX11 shortcut and minimized the game to check task manager to see which executable is running, aceshigh11.exe is running. I will see if I can duplicate the crash upon maximizing the game from the task bar with cloud fronts running after 15-30 minutes.

The DX9 dmp file is attached from the previous crash on maximizing from the task bar.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Strange game crash phenomenon.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 04:20:00 PM »
DX11

Just got achedhigh11.exe to crash after setting cloud fronts to running on my terrain and minimizing aceshigh11.exe to the task bar after letting it sit 30 minutes. Adn in taskmanager ascheshigh11.exe was the process I ended.

Attached is the acehigh11.exe dbg file.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.