Author Topic: Setting the size of the display that is on the monitor while using Oculus Rift  (Read 938 times)

Offline extropy

• Zinc Member
Is there a way to change the size of the window that displays on the regular monitor while using the Oculus Rift? I find that sometimes I have to take the headset off to type, drink, eat, smoke, etc., but the on-screen display just shows a tiny view and I can't keep track of what is going on or see the text buffer with the headset off.

Workaround has been to stick my finger in the middle of the rift (between the eyes) while off my head, and move it to the section of the virtual screen I want to see on the main screen, then remove finger so it stays in that position while I put the headset down.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Yes.

in your Hitech Creations\Aces High III\settings folder it's called vrwinsize.cfg

you can change the numbers in it, if you really mess it up bad you can delete it and it'll be recreated next time you enter the game.

These are my settings:

47,top
226,left
1037,bottom
1794,right
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline extropy

• Zinc Member
Thanks. That helps a lot.

Offline Los18z

• Zinc Member
I'm on the latest version of AH3 but dont see this vrwinsize.cfg under settings? has it been included in with some otehr config file? Thanks!

Los

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
if you don't see it in settings you can create it.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Los18z

• Zinc Member
Thanks!

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
 :aok