Author Topic: Thrustmaster T-16000M Flight Stick  (Read 7828 times)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Thrustmaster T-16000M Flight Stick
« on: February 13, 2017, 05:20:28 PM »
Anyone know if the Thrustmaster T-16000M Flight Stick is being discontinued, or if a refresh is on the way?  Sold out EVERYWHERE, and is going for a stupid amount on Amazon.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: Thrustmaster T-16000M Flight Stick
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 05:41:22 PM »
I noticed that, too.

They just recently remodelled it and seems like they botched their production queue and ran out of supply temporarily.

It is still a main part of their joystick line (probably the main part of it) judging from their home page.  I'm guessing it will be back up to stock everywhere like before within a few weeks.

Interestingly, although US places all seem to be out, Amazon UK had a handful still in stock as of a few days ago.

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 05:59:46 PM »
Anyone using this bad boy?  Worth waiting for?  Price is right.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 06:26:18 PM »
My brother in law, MARK4 uses one and he loves it. He has had his a few as well so that speaks well for the life of it. He has things setup for a lefty, so some of the setting are backwards to me but when I have messed around with it it seems very smooth and precise.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 10:26:20 PM »

I got one for a couple of friends who like them.

I think they are the best inexpensive stick for AH.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 01:19:02 AM »
There are a few places that claim to have them in stock.

Do a search on Google and look at the ads at the top -- click through a few, and you will perhaps find a place that has them.  When I looked, Fry's and B&H claimed to have some in stock.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 01:48:42 AM »

I'm using one. I know at least half a dozen other Finns use them. It might well be the best stick in its price category and better than many of the more expensive ones.

Notice that TM also sell a HOTAS and a Flight Pack featuring the same stick along with a throttle and pedals.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 05:54:20 AM »
Yes AH has a dismal search feature.  Lots of complaints but it still sucks.  Just google using aces high t-1600M.

Super stick.

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 08:46:00 AM »
Gonna get me one when they are back in stock.  Between completely new rig, all peripherals, track IR and now this stick, playing AH sit cheap!

New computer $1,049
Monitor - $199
Track IR - $169
Joystick -$60

Re-discovering the game that made you a "gamer" over a decade ago in moms basement, and now playing it in the comfort of your man cave in your own home...PRICELESS.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 09:09:49 AM »
Yes AH has a dismal search feature.  Lots of complaints but it still sucks.  Just google using aces high t-1600M.

Super stick.

:headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch:

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 01:29:58 PM »
Max, I have come to the conclusion that most are to lazy to click on the "Advanced Search" link  under the regular search box when using Aces High message board Search feature

if they would only  just click on that "Advanced Search" link and setup the Search to search a particular area/ forum(s) etc.... then Aces High message board Search feature is very quick in response on showing threads and/or posts that are valid to the search in question!

the options to use or not use are almost limitless

most who try to use it do not realize that by not using the Advanced Search and setting it up to search in specific areas or for specific words or specific member's usernames who have made posts, or even set the number of days from 0 to since the message boards came on-line, again, they don't realize that the search feature is scanning through every single thread and post that is on the message boards since the beginning, if they are using the Simple Search function and not using the Advanced Search link and adjusting the options available....

^
^
^ This is why they complain about it

edit: what most use ---> Simple Search http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php?action=search

what they should use--> Advanced Search http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php?action=search;advanced;search=;search=

then uncheck the All box and click on the + sign to maximize the "Choose a board to search in, or search all " drop down list of all forums, then check only the appropriate forums that you think what you are looking for might show up in, and also adjust the number of days to look through default is set at 0 to 9999 days ( if I am not mistaken "0" means Today )

it is very simple and thorough

Hope this helps

TC
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 01:41:09 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 02:05:05 PM »
Great write up TC. - Thanks!

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 02:09:23 PM »

Super stick.

If you are talking about the bulletin board search, simply limit the time period and it works fine.  SMF never designed it to be able to search over 4 million posts on a board so it times out if you try to search all 17 years of the boards life.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Snork

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2017, 11:16:30 AM »
I've been looking to upgrade from my old Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. I've used CH and others over the years but liked the Logitech for its somewhat stronger spring action and lack of "stiction". This thread convinced me and I ordered the HOTAS version from B&H yesterday. Evidently the stick by itself is not available until mid March but the HOTAS is available now. It shipped today. 
Flying as Noser

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II