Author Topic: maybe the three country system needs an adjustment  (Read 6814 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
maybe the three country system needs an adjustment
« on: February 14, 2017, 06:46:18 AM »
When two countries have double the number of the third and ignore each other, so they can steamroll the low numbered side.

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: maybe the three country system needs an adjustment
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 07:57:22 AM »
When two countries have double the number of the third and ignore each other, so they can steamroll the low numbered side.

Put up your stick and leave the horses alone.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 08:29:34 AM »
Hearts, Clubs, Spades, Diamonds. Current chess piece fanatical loyalists wouldn't know what to do.  ;)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 08:48:03 AM »
Hearts, Clubs, Spades, Diamonds. Current chess piece fanatical loyalists wouldn't know what to do.  ;)

:aok

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 09:01:43 AM »
So Rooks get access to twice the number of fights that Bishops and Nights do..............?

There is no real problem to being out numbered or even ganged by a horde............. because there is no denial of access to game play.

There is a problem when two sides end up fighting each other and ignoring the third........... that's why land grab is so important........... a side ignored grabs land until it can be ignored no longer.
Ludere Vincere

Offline HamrDown

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 09:59:54 AM »
Proposal: Get rid of ENY...when there are more players on one side then make the planes that do not require perk points be perked. The whole BS about moving to another country (Bish, Rook, Knit) is stupid. People who play this game are loyal to their countries for the most part and it is totally ridiculous to ask us to move to another country to not have as high of ENY. OR, move to add one more country to 4 that would help balance things more. HTC every Bishop like me, feels the ENY model is not working and you know it! When you start to see many more people leave the game, you'll know one reason why, we cannot even fly the best planes in the game, thats why!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 10:02:09 AM by HamrDown »

Offline Bushmills

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 10:03:58 AM »
Proposal: Get rid of ENY...when there are more players on one side then make the planes that do not require perk points be perked. The whole BS about moving to another country (Bish, Rook, Knit) is stupid. People who play this game are loyal to their countries for the most part and it is totally ridiculous to ask us to move to another country to not have as high of ENY. OR, move to add one more country to 4 that would help balance things more. HTC every Bishop like me, feels the ENY model is not working and you know it! When you start to see many more people leave the game, you'll know one reason why, we cannot even fly the best planes in the game, thats why!

I think moving around different countries would help alleviate your paranoia  :banana:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 10:07:48 AM »
People who play this game are loyal to their countries for the most part and it is totally ridiculous to ask us to move to another country to not have as high of ENY.

No, that attitude is what is ridiculous.  ;)

OR, move to add one more country to 4 that would help balance things more.

So it's three countries on one? Awesome  :x

By the way, if it's  "totally ridiculous to ask us to move to another country to not have as high of ENY. , how will you ever make the players fill up #4?

we cannot even fly the best planes in the game, thats why!

Oh yes, you can. But you want all of it - outnumber the enemy and smash him with superior equipment all the time. You are not willing to help adjusting things, everybody else has to, just no you.
ME ME ME.

By the way, IMHO the ENY ain't even harsh enough for situations depicted in the screenshot above.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 10:10:42 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 10:10:21 AM »
Proposal: Get rid of ENY...when there are more players on one side then make the planes that do not require perk points be perked.

I do like the idea of this...ENY limits, but perk points required to fly those planes affected by ENY.
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 10:44:14 AM »
ENY is fine in my opinion. Need more side balancing.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 11:27:53 AM »
We just need fewer gripers. I guess when you can't stand up to your wife, you have to come here to complain.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 11:36:02 AM »
I do like the idea of this...ENY limits, but perk points required to fly those planes affected by ENY.

Sounds like a good idea until you remember that many players have thousands of saves perks already. Going to have to empty their perk banks before a sliding perk cost system could ever be tried.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 11:44:43 AM »
Playing as Rook just forget about winning and just get as many kills as you can.

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2017, 11:51:46 AM »
"winning".....
Risk is a strategy board game of diplomacy, conflict and conquest[1] for two to six players. The standard version is played on a board depicting a political map of the earth, divided into forty-two territories, which are grouped into six continents. Turn rotates among players who control armies of playing pieces with which they attempt to capture territories from other players, with results determined by dice rolls. Players may form and dissolve alliances during the course of the game. The object of the game is to occupy every territory on the board and in doing so, eliminate the other players.[2] The game can be lengthy, requiring several hours to multiple days to finish. European versions are structured so that each player has a limited "secret mission" objective that shortens the game.

There are those who think this game is about "winning" by taking bases and "coloring the map".....that is fine.

There are those who think this game is an aerial combat sim...that is fine.

Its when you try to impose your thoughts on "HOW" this game is to played on others that it is "NOT FINE"...

GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 12:05:55 PM »
So, how many perkies do you get if your team "wins" the map?  (Asked by a Rook player....)
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?