Author Topic: YAK-3 needs to be perked  (Read 1484 times)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Re: YAK-3 needs to be perked
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2017, 05:39:58 AM »
Is there an opinion that the Yak 3 is somehow more durable than the Yak 9's in game?
Ludere Vincere

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2017, 06:00:15 AM »
Is there an opinion that the Yak 3 is somehow more durable than the Yak 9's in game?
yes.
Yak9u is also very difficult to hit, but when it is hit, it seems to suffer structural damage more reliably. With the yak3 there seem to be much more scatter in the effects of hits, sometimes going to the extreme.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2017, 07:30:09 AM »
Why should HTC change the damage model for two planes that are almost (apart from shorter wings) identical?

Yak3 Dimensions: 
 Span  9.2m
 Length 8.55m
 Height 2.3m (inc landing gear)
 Wings area 14.4m^2

Yak9u Dimensions: 
 Span  9.74m
 Length 8.55m
 Height 3m (inc landing gear)
 Wings area 17.2m^2

Ludere Vincere

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2017, 11:15:49 AM »
Bruv is right about a certain pilot flying the 410  in supernatural ways. :headscratch:

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2017, 05:25:29 PM »
Maybe you guys are a bit paronoid about the damage on the yak3. I've never had a issue.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2017, 06:40:47 AM »
I think the Yak deserves a lower ENY in the 8-10 range but not a perk.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2017, 10:02:44 AM »
I think the problem most people have with the yak3 is that it seems to absorb way more damage than it should. It's a single engine Lancaster...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2017, 01:33:50 PM »
because nobody flamed me for my post--I want to thank everyone for their remarks  THANKYOU
seems most of you agree something needs to be done with the YAK-3
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2017, 03:05:17 AM »
because nobody flamed me for my post--I want to thank everyone for their remarks  THANKYOU
seems most of you agree something needs to be done with the YAK-3
yes, but I do not think that something is a perk tag.

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2017, 02:44:24 PM »
I don't think it needs perked. Just a much lower eny to start. It should be no higher than 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2017, 06:49:16 PM »
The yak9u is a better overall plane.

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2017, 11:10:45 PM »
The yak9u is a better overall plane.

For experienced pilots. Which is the biggest problem most of us here on the boards have. We are a very small subset of the community, often very skilled in a particular area, or just in general, with years or decades of experience.

Our experience in the game is vastly different from the average stick. Most players struggle to consistently land, or even make kills. And as much as we may not like it at times, the game needs to be geared towards the average pilot, or the game will continue with population problems.

The fact is that, for how most players experience the fighter aspect of the game (find a fight, up from the nearest field, and attempt to engage contacts until dying) , the Yak 3 is a very accessible and easy fighter relative to much of the plane set.

It is very nimble and highly responsive in all control axes through a relatively wide speed band. It is fast, and has a stellar climb rate (and thus acceleration as well). It has top notch views (something most struggle with when starting). It is a small target, which is even better than durability for a new player, as they're going to give up a LOT of shots. And the limited ammunition doesn't really matter, because frankly they're not going to get many shots of their own, and statistically will die after their first kill if they even get that far.

Should it be perked? Probably not. It's one of those planes that's right on the edge, but doesn't quite make it. If anything, it would be a 1-2 perk ride, simply to prevent people using it as a suicide sled, and thats on the extreme end of things.

However anyone implying mediocrity is simply not being honest. With themselves or with anyone else.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2017, 12:22:22 AM »
It is very nimble and highly responsive in all control axes through a relatively wide speed band. It is fast, and has a stellar climb rate (and thus acceleration as well). It has top notch views (something most struggle with when starting). It is a small target, which is even better than durability for a new player, as they're going to give up a LOT of shots. And the limited ammunition doesn't really matter, because frankly they're not going to get many shots of their own, and statistically will die after their first kill if they even get that far.

Should it be perked? Probably not. It's one of those planes that's right on the edge, but doesn't quite make it. If anything, it would be a 1-2 perk ride, simply to prevent people using it as a suicide sled, and thats on the extreme end of things.

I agree with all of this.  It's a pleasant alternative to the Spitfire Clan. 

- oldman

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2017, 09:09:05 AM »
I dont like the yak3 (as opposed to the 9's), but it does not deserve a perk tag. I'd perk the 3-gun LA7 way before the Yak3.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2017, 01:45:16 PM »
Yak-3s wings and fuselage where made to large extent of 1/16 inch plywood, the Yak-9 had metal wings.

IRL Yak-3 suffered from it's glued-on plywood covering the top of the wings to tear away under high-G loads.

The LA-7 with 3 guns where rare, still I have yet to meet a 2-gun LA-7 in AH, and should be perked, much like the Fw190-A12/13 (if it was in AH3) with its 30mm nose.mounted cannon.

I can run away from most spit's (except the Spit14), and its WEP time is short, the Yak's have infinite WEP,  its accelerates up to its max sped faster and can normally catch me in 109G's and 190A's because of that, it can follow a turning dive to 500 mph whereas the spit16/8/9 spit can't over 450 mph.

Why should HTC change the damage model for two planes that are almost (apart from shorter wings) identical?

Yak3 Dimensions: 
 Span  9.2m
 Length 8.55m
 Height 2.3m (inc landing gear)
 Wings area 14.4m^2

Yak9u Dimensions: 
 Span  9.74m
 Length 8.55m
 Height 3m (inc landing gear)
 Wings area 17.2m^2
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 02:02:30 PM by save »
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera