Author Topic: TIME TO KILL BUZZSAW!!!!  (Read 11344 times)

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
Re: TIME TO KILL BUZZSAW!!!!
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2017, 01:59:48 PM »

and more air fields so im not forced to fly two sectors to hopefully find someone to die from.

and remove ridiculous terrains, like 9k cliffs, or uber long semi forested plains that are a atrocity to everything simulation.

and another thing! we do not need mountains and uber ink pen generals forcing gameplay with outrageous features!

tyvm. let there be no more if it is not demolished with a fairly well built roto-tiller.

:salute
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 02:01:26 PM by NatCigg »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2017, 02:29:58 PM »
It is salvageable but the complaints listed need addressing, particularly strat hardness. 

I was pulling so hard for the Bishops to win last night to put us out of our collective misery.

You can salvage the terrain by hand somewhat like the terrain builder has subsequently adjusted the general cross sectional shape of the spiral arms. Along with adding more clutter tile painting to add trees and grass. Flattening or elevation reduction can be done to the center of the terrain but, someone has to spend hours manually doing that. It is simpler to take the lessons learned from this terrain and use them to guide you or another in what not to do with a terrain design. A cross spiral arm water ring completely around the terrain would have been helpful.

Live and learn and hope some players are currently working up some new MA terrains. I don't know if the current heightmap file can be pulled into L3DT, reworked, exported and imported into the terrain editor and not effect the objects and clutter tile painting. Even if it can, that is someone spending hours in a program when those hours would be better served bringing new terrains to the MA.

And strat hardness, you know Hitech's bribe, but not if he will budge on the strat issue.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2017, 02:37:03 PM »
Here's how you fix Buzzsaw:

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2017, 02:44:19 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

and more air fields so im not forced to fly two sectors to hopefully find someone to die from.

and remove ridiculous terrains, like 9k cliffs, or uber long semi forested plains that are a atrocity to everything simulation.

and another thing! we do not need mountains and uber ink pen generals forcing gameplay with outrageous features!

tyvm. let there be no more if it is not demolished with a fairly well built roto-tiller.

:salute

I agree with the base distance being too far away on the outside of the map. More bases inbetween would spark a lot more fights. This would help out the map great. I was very disssapointed with the base distance on the out side of that map and thats another reason why it's not actionable.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2017, 02:45:02 PM »
The only redeeming factor for Buzzsaw is I get a lot of time in my Hurricane IID popping GV's.  Over all though it is a meh level map.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2017, 03:14:31 PM »
Buzzsaw taught me that porking a start down to single digit % is just stupid.  We got the enemy city down to 4%, cool...But any base we capture is going to be WF for damn near 3 hours unless 18 M3's run supps. It's just not worth it.

I haven't ever attempted to create a map so I can't complain, but after a ten year hiatus, I have to say i'm somewhat surprised about the lack of new maps.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: April 08, 2017, 08:11:59 AM »
Buzzsaw taught me that porking a start down to single digit % is just stupid.  We got the enemy city down to 4%, cool...But any base we capture is going to be WF for damn near 3 hours unless 18 M3's run supps. It's just not worth it.

I haven't ever attempted to create a map so I can't complain, but after a ten year hiatus, I have to say i'm somewhat surprised about the lack of new maps.
I dont have a lot of playing hours on them, but the new bustr map and the other one with the battleships that was on last night seem at least decent if not good. Time will tell.
So there are some new maps.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #127 on: April 08, 2017, 01:06:43 PM »
I dont have a lot of playing hours on them, but the new bustr map and the other one with the battleships that was on last night seem at least decent if not good. Time will tell.
So there are some new maps.

There are like two new maps.  After ten years I figured there might be more.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #128 on: April 08, 2017, 01:13:36 PM »
There are like two new maps.  After ten years I figured there might be more.

It depends on who works on terrains and who does not.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #129 on: April 08, 2017, 04:39:47 PM »
It depends on who works on terrains and who does not.

To be fair, I've never even attempted to work a terrain so I really can't complain.

If I wanted to get into the terrain building game who could I contact?
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: April 08, 2017, 05:07:05 PM »
OPen a post in the Terrain Editor forum and ask for help getting started. You will be well taken care of by the terrain builders.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #131 on: April 09, 2017, 01:40:28 PM »
Everyone hates hates hates it kill it!!!!!!

Not everyone hates it, it is a fun map

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: April 09, 2017, 08:55:54 PM »
Not everyone hates it, it is a fun map

It's not fun. You can tell by the lack of #s that turn out when the map comes on.

Tanks are still a minority part of game play whether any one like it's or not. Most people still play this game for fighter combat.

The maps should not be designed solely for tank promotion unless they encourage fun battles for air combat, which Buzzsaw does not.

Side note: Pushing everyone in the middle of the map does not encourage or promote the ideal that AH, as a base capture strategy type game, is offering. It just creates a big mess in the middle with crazy tactics while the rest of the map is mostly left untouched.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 09:02:38 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: April 09, 2017, 09:38:07 PM »
Not everyone hates it

Actually everyone hates it.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: April 09, 2017, 11:13:21 PM »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)