Author Topic: LW Ammo Counters  (Read 1824 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: LW Ammo Counters
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2017, 02:51:09 PM »
If you are a realism Luft plane fan, and only one would want the 109 and FW SZKK ammo counters with Sz100 insert modules. Then you need to ask for the FW visual aid flap angle indicator. The pilot was able to look out on the wing at a tiny hole and see an arc slider with marks that moved as the flaps went up and down. And then there are the emergency release attachments for the WG21 tubes not modeled in this game. That would be more use full for game play and get more players upping with WG21 knowing they can ditch them in an emergency.

There is a universe of german realism that could be modeled only into the german planes. But, then that doesn't cover the whole community who you are not asking for similar preferential treatment for the whole game. When we were testing during the 2 years of the alpha\beta, Waffle performed updates to the german cockpits along with all cockpits for the instrument packages and gunsights. Hitech could have directed Waffle to give more love to the Luft cockpits since I'm assuming most WW2 air simm fans know about the SZKK counters. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline zinhwk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2017, 05:38:59 PM »
Welp, bustr. I wasn't around during the beta or I might have. There's a world outside AH. It's pretty cool.

Of course I would prefer everything detailed with whatever it had (read visual detail, not uber sim functions). I find asking for specifics is easier to discuss change than asking for the moon.
<S>

Zinhwk
Hades 7
431st FS/475th FG (v)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2017, 10:43:40 PM »
I'm not going anywhere soon. I'm used to the never changers  :furious.

I appreciate you responding hitech. I get that its a lot of work for cosmetics and hopefully I've been clear enough in explaining the thought. If it is not worth the effort and time some day that's fine. I like more in your world to stay than a damn ammo counter  :salute.

Sadly, we have way more than seven (mental?) dwarfs 'round these parts.   :salute
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2017, 10:58:25 PM »
Of all the Luftwaffe related inaccuracies, shortcomings, and plane-set holes, this is so far down the list of wants/needs as to be almost not worth mentioning.

Here's a short list of things FAR more important to add or fix

Bf 110F
Fw 190A-2 or A-3
Bf 109G-14 A/S
Bf 109E-7
Ju 188
Hs 129
He 177
Ju 88G

Add bomb racks for the 109F and K
Correct weight or armor protection for the 190A-8
Ability to jettison Wgr. 21 tubes
Ability to separate cannon triggers in the Fw190
Replace tail wheel on the 109G-6 with the fixed type

And that's just what I could come up with off the top of my head.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 11:00:22 PM by Devil 505 »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com