Author Topic: Father Dieing  (Read 3284 times)

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Father Dieing
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2017, 09:03:38 PM »
Farewell  ET <S>

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2017, 09:24:30 PM »
 :salute ET.  CAVU my friend.  Mrs. Puma and I offer our sincere condolences to Earl's family.  🙏

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2017, 09:26:16 PM »
I would like Skuzzy or Hitech and everybody to coordinate a full theater B-17 flyby this Sunday.  Any suggestions?

Gard06

Excellent idea!  I'm in.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2017, 09:30:07 PM »
RIP Earl  :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2017, 09:37:50 PM »
Just post the time(timezone) and which arena. I'll be there.   :salute

I would like Skuzzy or Hitech and everybody to coordinate a full theater B-17 flyby this Sunday.  Any suggestions?

Gard06
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2017, 09:40:30 PM »
RIP Earl,

You've got your second set of wings now. Go soar with the eagles. Carry on old friend  :salute

I am truly saddened by this. Et was a guy everyone wanted to know or be around. A class act, and a wonderful guy. I'll see ya up there Et. Keep that B-17 a going, I'll catch up with my P-51.  :airplane:  :frown:
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline Gard06

• Zinc Member
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2017, 10:17:46 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3SEIGMRJls

You will be able to hear ET37 direct a flight.  Fly along in memories friend.

This is what he did.  This is what the Devil Dogs do.

This is the best of Aces High.

Offline 27th

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2017, 12:19:46 AM »
My deepest condolences to his family and his squad mates.

When it announced this evening on the Rook country channel that ET37 had passed, ironically I was in a set of B17's over an enemy base. It was odd because my bomber of choice has always been B24's but out of the blue I decided to up a B17.

Like a punch in the gut.

You know what they say, there is always something new to learn from the game. Before I met ET37 about 6 years ago, I already been flying for 10 years. I learn some a great deal from participating his massive bomber raids and gave me some great tips on flying the B29 that always stuck with me.

RIP ET37

:salute

27th

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2017, 02:56:52 AM »
R.I.P. ET37  :salute
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2017, 03:53:24 AM »
 :salute ET  :pray
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Gard06

• Zinc Member
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2017, 03:58:05 AM »
This is one of ET37's B-29 missions.  Earl wrote this and we all played it out.

8-13-13 MISSION DIALOG

ET37 LINES WILL BE IN BLACK

DHAWK'S LINES WILL BE IN GREEN

Glnbb's LINES WILL BE IN GOLD

GARD06'S LINES WILL BE IN RED

SKCOLT'S LINES WILL BE IN BROWN

MET'S LINES WILL BE IN PURPLE

Eagle327's LINES WILL BE IN BLUE

Limbo's lines will be in Rose

Mistic011's lines will be in Bright Green

The B-29's call sign will be SNOW BALL

Dhawk will be ET37's flight engineer

SKcolt will be ET37's Navigator-bombardier

Met will be ET37's Crew chief and left waist gunner, #5 position

Climber will be radar operator and air traffic controller on the USS Yorktown

Glnbb's P51D's, call sign Top Dog, will help cover B-29's

Limbo's P-47M's will be TANGO Flight, and will also cover the B-29's

Dialog will start after lift-off of the runway for the B-29's.

GARD06'S CALL SIGN ON TINIAN AIR FORCE BASE, WILL BE "HAWKEYE"

ET37

Engineer, give me climb power, cooler doors open for now, cowl flaps at 20 degrees, ADI off.

Dhawk

Roger, sir, ADI off, cowl flaps 20, cooler doors open for now, 48 inches on manifold, and 2650 RPM, all instruments in green, #2 oil temp running a little on the high side. Recomend we leave cowl flaps on #2 full open for now until we see what the oil temp is going to do.

Met

A/C number 5, left wing is clean, no leaks for now, flaps are at 25 degrees, landing gear housing closed.

ET37

Roger 5, flaps coming up now, keep a close eye on #2, engineer ok on the cowl flaps for #2. Navigator, give me a heading for Oak Tree, now less see if we can contact Hawkeye.

Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Snowball flight with you out of ______, heading____, squawking 221 on the IFF.

GARD06

Roger, snow ball, radar contact, continue heading, climb to 12,000, report out of 10,000, you have possible traffic conflict 1 O'clock your position, believed to be PBY4 on submarine patrol, I have no radio contact with him. say your number of aircraft and souls on board.

ET37

Roger Hawkeye, I'll keep my eyes open for now, have flight of 12, with 10 on board each a/c.

GARD06

Roger, Snowball, REDBIRD, REDBIRD FLIGHT, DO YOU READ HAWKEYE DEPARTURE?

GLNBB

Roger, Hawkeye, Redbird flight with you, squawking 115, we are out of________(BB jsut give him your currecnt altitude), heading______.

Roger, Redbird flight, fly heading________to intercept Snowball flight, report out of 10,000, be advise many contacts, unknown targets, 85 miles Northwest your current position. I suspect a group of KI-67 Betty bombers on the way to Guam  and altitude unknown!

GLNBB

Roger, Hawkeye, we'll keep a eye open in that direction, if they approach the bomber stream, lit us know, we'll say hello to them.
Attention,all Redbird flight, go to cruise climb, 48 inches and 2700RPM, boost pumps on low, arm salvo's in cause we have to intercept those Betty bombers.

Gard06

Tango Flight, tango flight, you copy Hawkeye tranimission?

Limbo

Roger, Hawkeye, Tango flight with you out of________(give him your current altitude and heading), heading____________, sqawking 142 on the IFF.

Gard06

Roger Tango flight turn to heading______, climb and maintain flight level 250, report out of flight level 200 for further traffic advisories.

Limbo

Roger, tango flight turning to heading_______, understand cleared to flight level 250, will give you a call out of flight level 200.

Dhawk

Engineer to A/C, oil temp on #2 still climbing, recommend we increase airspeed to see if it will cool off any. I think if I back the power off a little, it might help.

EAGLE327

Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Boxer flight with you out of ________(EAGLE, just add in your present altitude when you get to your lines and heading), heading____, squawking 121 on the IFF.

GARD06

Roger Boxer flight, maintain present heading, climb and maintain 15,000, will advise on traffic or boogie contacts

GLNBB

Hawkeye, Redbird flight with you out of 10,000 for flight level 250 do you have further info on suspected KI-67 bombers?

GAUD06

Roger, Redbird flight, cleared to maintain climb to flight level 250, Betty's, if that is what the contacts are, are going to pass in front of the bomber stream by at least 50 miles. I do not see them as a threat at this time, will keep you advised. Radar service terminated at this time, if you need further assistance, USS Destroyer Pell City at 265.0 UHF, will be about 50 miles your 11:00 position.

GLNBB

Roger, understand radar service terminated, if I need further assistance, will contact Pell City, 265.0. Good day sir and thank you for your help.

Met

Number 5 to A/c, we have a oil leak on the wing behind #2, its not much right now.

ET37

Roger #5, ok engineer on your recommendations, looks like we may have a problem with #2 today, Maybe a loose clamp on oil return line, you know they had to replace all the cylinder head cooling baffling around the cylinders and somebody probably left a hose clamp loose.

SKcolt

Navigator to A/C, unable to get a shot on the sun, to many clouds, recommend we fly tactical briefing heading until we get above these clouds. Permission to extent Low frequency  antenna and see if I can get a fix on Hawkeye and Tinian Base to get us a positive fix on our position.

ET37

Roger, navigator, go ahead and extend the LF antenna and check your Loran system, you should be able to pick up enough info for a position check. Radio, see if you can raise Pell City on 246 megahetze to see if he can help us with out position reports.

Met

Number 5 to A/C, I am beginning to see a wisp of smoke on the left side of #2 engine, but it looks like the fluid or oil, what ever was leaking, has about stopped for now.

ET37

Roger #5, its probably oil dripping on the exhaust stack on that side of the engine, lets just hope it doesn't get any worst.

GARD06

Boxer and snowball flights, contact Pell city on 246, radar service is terminated, good day and good luck!

ET37

Roger Hawkeye, thank you for your help and good day sir!

EAGLE327

Roger Hawkeye, understand radar service is terminated, thank you sir for your help.

ET37

Pell City, Pell City, you copy Snowball one"

Mistic011

Roger Snoball 1, radar contact, contuine climb to flight level 250, say your current altitude and airspeed.

ET37

Roger Pell City, we are out of_______, heading_______ and understand cleared to flight level 250, any traffic advisories for us at this time?

Mistic011

Snowball 1, no bad guy contacts at this time, believed to be flight of KI67's 70 miles Southeadt your position, heading 150 degrees, not sure where they are going.

ET37

roger Pell City, will guard 246 for further advisories, thank you sir.

SKcolt
(colt, wait until we are about 24,000 feet before you make this next announcement to me)

Navigator to A/C, sir our ground speed has fell off to 194 knots, we must be getting into that southern jet stream that weather briefed us on.

ET37

Roger nav, maybe we can get on top of it, but then that's going to screw up our bomb drop, so I may see if we can bomb from 22,000 instead of 25,000. Radio, get me "tinsel town" on the horn, I need to talk to Colonel Houston about change in bombing altitude.
(Morse code signal will be played at this time)

ET37

Ok, Snow Ball flight, less descend to 22,000 feet for bombing altitude, set your salvo's on 4,  drop ALL bombs on town, save . Salvo settings for town targets will be 4 because of our altitude.

DIALOG WILL END AT THIS TIME, EXCEPT FOR ANYTHING ANYONE WANTS TO ADD IN THE AIR TO AIR COMMUNICATIONS FROM THIS POINT ON".   

Offline Airsharks

• Zinc Member
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2017, 05:53:29 AM »
Very Sad to hear this new's ~S~  ET37 R.I.P   :salute

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2017, 06:01:23 AM »
wow, I am sad to read this.
ET is a very highly respected member of the AH community. He was maybe the only mission leader I would join in an arena mission. What an awesome guy.

Huge salute to earl  :salute
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2017, 06:15:37 AM »
Godspeed and tailwinds Earl.  :salute
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2017, 07:52:04 AM »
Gard,  I was thinking a really good tribute would not be just a memorial flight, but a huge, mission lead by the Devil Dogs.  A ball busting B17 mission deep in red country that most of us will not make it back. 

Maybe two missions.  One against the bish and one against the knits.  One B17 mission and one NOE P-51 which ET loved.

I think we could get a huge pickup mission turn out.  Something everyone would talk about for some time to come.