Author Topic: Lead computing sight for GVs  (Read 2069 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Lead computing sight for GVs
« on: February 22, 2017, 03:41:23 PM »
Assuming this is available in the offline, how is it turned on?  Thanks!  :salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Lead computing sight for GVs
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 04:18:44 PM »
For planes yes, GV's I've never seen one. Are you having a problem determining lead on running vehicles with your tank?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 08:56:11 PM »
For planes yes, GV's I've never seen one. Are you having a problem determining lead on running vehicles with your tank?

Just wondered if it was available for whirbles, etc to practice against longer range aerial targets.

Always eager to learn new and better ways to do it.  Bring it on please.  Also, if you know how Molsman does those long range, one shot, kill shots, l'd like to learn how.  :rofl  :salute
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 10:02:41 PM by Puma44 »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 10:19:54 PM »
I built and offline terrain for you to practice this and all gunnery in the game.

1. - Logon online and go to the "Free" tab.
2. - Click create arena and choose "gunnery".
3. - Make no other changes and click OK.
4. - The terrain will be downloaded to your PC while an arena is created on the HOST.
5. - Once in the arena online, go into the CM tools in the clipboard and click on shut down the arena.

Now you have the terrain file but you need to go to the following link for the offline files and instructions to achieve your wirble goal.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,381847.0.html

Follow the directions and get the zip file with the needed offline files. When you have set it up, choose the gunnery terrain and do offline mode using it. In the tower go into the hanger and select your wirbel and spawn NW. The drones will fly just above your head about 800 yds and you can turn on the LCD gunsight. You will start noticing how the wirble gunsight range marks work as you slaughter the drones.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 11:29:16 PM »
Very cool Buster! Thanks!  I'll give it a whirl tomorrow. 

It's been a very long time since I've used the LC sight and have forgotten how to turn it on.   :salute
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 11:32:55 PM by Puma44 »

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 12:05:44 AM »
Bustr that is just to awesome  :salute to you sir.

Puma I'm not sure that it is the same in Bustr's terrain but normally to turn on the lcs open your clipboard click, options > arena set-up > environment > arena settings, under the general tab select flightmodeflags then check the box for lead computed gunsight. once you are in the plane hit ctrl-tab to activate the lcs then tab to cycle through your targets.

Hope that helps.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 09:46:30 AM »
Thanks SIK1!   :salute

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 04:10:53 PM »
The gunnery.var file you downloaded did things like enable the lead computing gunsight and dive bombing sight. And set all view ranges in anything to max distance. Fuel burn .001, 10x ammo for anything covered by that setting. All objects in the default country destroyable so you don't have to bother with being shot down. Fighter and bomber air spawns so you don't waste your life climbing and transiting. Makes practicing bombing and jabo more enjoyable. And that GV spawn up on the giant rock just under the drone flight path to use the lead computing gunsight with the wirbel. You can even learn how to main gun them with a tank at that spawn. Let alone how to use the 88 out to 7k against planes. Or the 17lb and 88 out to 4 miles against tanks.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 04:26:04 PM »
The gunnery.var file you downloaded did things like enable the lead computing gunsight and dive bombing sight. And set all view ranges in anything to max distance. Fuel burn .001, 10x ammo for anything covered by that setting. All objects in the default country destroyable so you don't have to bother with being shot down. Fighter and bomber air spawns so you don't waste your life climbing and transiting. Makes practicing bombing and jabo more enjoyable. And that GV spawn up on the giant rock just under the drone flight path to use the lead computing gunsight with the wirbel. You can even learn how to main gun them with a tank at that spawn. Let alone how to use the 88 out to 7k against planes. Or the 17lb and 88 out to 4 miles against tanks.

Cool so it's all setup and all a player need do is DL the file and go?  WTG thats how the plug and play crowd rolls!

:salute

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 04:32:57 PM »
That is what the file package does that you download from the custom terrain post I linked. Other wise that terrain is confusing for how to use it if you have to figure out how to enable everything yourself.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 04:58:17 PM »
I built and offline terrain for you to practice this and all gunnery in the game.

1. - Logon online and go to the "Free" tab.
2. - Click create arena and choose "gunnery".
3. - Make no other changes and click OK.
4. - The terrain will be downloaded to your PC while an arena is created on the HOST.
5. - Once in the arena online, go into the CM tools in the clipboard and click on shut down the arena.

Now you have the terrain file but you need to go to the following link for the offline files and instructions to achieve your wirble goal.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,381847.0.html

Follow the directions and get the zip file with the needed offline files. When you have set it up, choose the gunnery terrain and do offline mode using it. In the tower go into the hanger and select your wirbel and spawn NW. The drones will fly just above your head about 800 yds and you can turn on the LCD gunsight. You will start noticing how the wirble gunsight range marks work as you slaughter the drones.

This ought to be a sticky!  Fantastic training aid.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 06:03:23 PM »
I followed SIK1's instruction but, can't get the LCD to come up.

Disregard.  Operator switch error.  Got it working.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 06:07:35 PM by Puma44 »

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2017, 06:43:54 PM »
Just wondered if it was available for whirbles, etc to practice against longer range aerial targets.

Always eager to learn new and better ways to do it.  Bring it on please.  Also, if you know how Molsman does those long range, one shot, kill shots, l'd like to learn how.  :rofl  :salute

I think buster mentioned this in his notes, but the Lead Computing Gunsight also works in guns, like manned ack. 

I often get people asking how I learned to use the 88 and the Lead Computing Sight was how.  It starts to give you a feel for adjusting range and lead simultaneously.

Just be aware that offline drones only fly at 200mph, so the amount of lead required for faster live targets is greater.  Live targets also require more ability judge E-state and anticipate maneuvering, but the offline drones are a great place to start.

<S>
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2017, 07:37:45 PM »
This ought to be a sticky!  Fantastic training aid.

During the 2 years of the closed alpha to the open beta I started building it. I had the front row seat listening to the shock of how the new environment was throwing players off with their AH2 learned gunnery. So I gave them an AH3 environment to practice all the gunnery except for live ACM. The 1250ft bomber air spawns are for the B25H and torpedo bombers to practice against the task forces. There is a 15k bomber spawn to practice level bombing against a large clear target at the end of the 4 mile tank gunnery range. Try spawning a tank into the town or the tank town object and see if you can find about 200 tanks I salted those areas with. Everything I ever wanted Hitech to give us for gunnery training, I built it into that terrain. Or bomb the heck out of the field, GV base, port, HQ and the town since protect objects is off.

If you are feeling really salty, try taxiing your favorite fighter just over the edge of the dropoff at the end of the runway so that you level the center of the prop HUB with the center of the offline target. You set the target between 3 and 4 yards, F3, use the 2 key view. Then you gently inch the plane forward to lower the nose over the edge lining up the prop hub with the horizontal center line of the target. There are three areas side by side with slightly different down slope angles to account for the different length of main gear and fuselage length. That is the reason for the guard towers to delineate those areas. Hitech wouldn't give us a hardstand to test our convergence selections, so I built one with the game tools.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2017, 10:10:13 PM »
I spent a good amount of time in there this afternoon.  Great fun and an excellent training tool.  As you said, the whirble and tank LCD was very useful. Thanks again!  :salute