Author Topic: my x56 rhino arriving tonight follow this post for first impression and review  (Read 654 times)

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
my x56 rhino arriving tonight around 2am  :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

cant wait , after my first saitek x36 (about 20 years ago) getting my first kinda real hotas :)

follow this post for first impression and review :)
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Good luck... I went through two X55s trying to find one working, and they both had completely different issues that make them nightmares. I used to LOVE Saitek, but they've slid.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
I am still using one of the first x55 that came out.  dont even remember if i'ts been 2 or 3 or 4 years.  before then I had 3 ch fightersticks that failed me.

only problem I have is one of the toggle switches on the throttle gets stuck.  but I i just hit it 3 or 4 times and it works again. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
Can't wait to hear HC   I'm in the market for one
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
Return it before it's too late, or you'll regret that you didn't 3-6 months from now.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
I love my CH gear.

One of our own has a full setup CH gear for $250.00 bucks. He is in a money tight.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
Shuffler I need a new setup, have him pm me  :salute
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Shuffler I need a new setup, have him pm me  :salute

You posted on his thread in the classified section.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,385091.0.html
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
I am still using one of the first x55 that came out.  dont even remember if i'ts been 2 or 3 or 4 years.  before then I had 3 ch fightersticks that failed me.

only problem I have is one of the toggle switches on the throttle gets stuck.  but I i just hit it 3 or 4 times and it works again. 

semp

Admittedly, I have TERRIBLE luck in life in general, but my first X-55 had CRAZY unplayable spiking. Sent back to Saitek and replaced with another unit, that had issues with the throttle quadrant ALWAYS having FULL friction regardless of the setting when immoble for several minutes (You could give it a 'five knuckle shuffle' and it would loosen up) and I've just learned to live with that one. I LOVED the X-45 and X-52 both normal and pro, but the X-55 has been a painful disappointment. Hopefully the X-56 is an improvement?

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
There is a vendor on Ebay, selling "Refurbished" X55's. As a set, or stick/throttle separately. Like $95 each, so a bit under $200 for a set. He has sold 100's of them.

I scrolled thru his history looking for bad feedback, didn't find any on his X55 sales. So I bought a X55 throttle. Has a 30 day replacement warrantee, and Ebay "square deal" coverage is available.

Other than missing one of the rubber feet, it works perfectly, looks brand new.
I have no complaints so far.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 07:10:57 AM by OldNitro »

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
Well there we go ;

First thing first :)
1. It came out from the box without any problems , every single button axis was perfectly functional

Now my impression on x56 Rhino (keep in mind this is the cheapest hotas in the high end of the hotas classes)
1. the stik, Its amazingly accurate compared to my old thrustmasther (40& bucks hotas). all the problems I was having centering my aim and crossair jumping like crazy in the middle are gone (even when the scaling in settings is turned off)
2. the size and button placement both on stick and joystick very natural 
3. sheer number of buttons , (2 extra thumb sticks) rotaries and had switches is really useful

On the down side,
1.even on the loosest setting the throttle is kinda hard to move, its not something would make it terrible but takes a while to get used to it.
2. the base of the throttle and stick base are lighter then I expected, so if you like jerky fast moves you will need definitely somehow fix it on the table (it has holes to fix it on a surface but it requires drilling and stuff) 
about the durability, I think time will show....
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 04:18:03 AM by hotcoffe »
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline LTCClark

• Copper Member
I use velcro on the throttle , sticky ,  on the stick I made a platform for it using a cardboard box and velcro it down.

works great for me that way.

throttle where it should be and stick is between legs just a little off center to the right.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Get VoiceBot and Use Speech for game commands
www.voicebot.net
AutoHotkey and Software repo maps etc for AHIII

Offline donnieboy

• Zinc Member
I played for over 5 years on my X55 no issues and it still works fine. My new (1yr old) TM Warthog recently started having "China" hat switch issues and cost me $42.50 for a replacement switch that is still on the way from France. Still like the TM better overall, but damn...

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
I should've long ago retired my Saitek ST290 Pro (twisty stick) for a more efficient flight sim stick, now I'm in the twilight of my gaming life and I cannot bring myself to unload on a complete higher-end setup. It has served me well for 15 years now (only missing one side button and the hat switch sometimes looses connection) - it deserves full Jedi burial rights. Major drawback to dogfighting is that stick input is not smooth at all and my gunsights bounce all over the place having all 3 flight axis tied to the stick.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG