Author Topic: Newbie Observations  (Read 1035 times)

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
Newbie Observations
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2002, 08:42:29 AM »
lol...

9) Smoking while in a dogfight will get the hell burned out of something. Usually you or the carpet.
[/b]

My ash-tray sits 2 inches from my left hand next to my keyboad just for that reason :D
(with a mound of ashes around it of course lol)

welcome to AH :)

Offline =LeadPump=

• Zinc Member
Newbie Observations
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2002, 09:36:59 AM »
Originally posted by Curval
Excellent post.....they are all apt, but I like:

6) Staying calm and relaxed will get even a newbie an occasional kill

Staying calm and relaxed is probably my biggest problem.  I can't count the number of times I have lost an easy kill of some poor schmuck climbing and ignoring his six by getting overexcited and firing too early and overcompenstating for an initial miss.  

I have even made some skillful moves, like sucking a good flyer into a rope-a-dope, only to lose the kill by getting too excited and not consentrating on where the rounds are going.

Perhaps some "zen" is needed in my flying.

Well being from the Detroit area I have a natural advantage with this. Ya gotta stay loose around here under fire. Heck my kids lay down cover fire for me just to get to the mail box and back! We spend half the day on the 4th of July diving behind trees! Never can be too lax. New Years Eve is not a picnic either, one champaign cork pops and 30 people reach into their jacket outta instinct. Of course I've never been attacked with a plane here. But I may order a flak gun for the back yard. Hate to take chances. Kid on the corner of my street carries more ordnance than most air fields in AH, but hey, you get use to it :D Not sure what caliber a "zen" is, but if you say they're good I'll look into getting one! LP
« Last Edit: January 16, 2002, 09:43:20 AM by =LeadPump= »

Offline outsider

• Zinc Member
Re: Newbie Observations
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2017, 08:29:40 AM »
I know this post is old  but  i dont know that I Have ever laughed so hard in my life. that is  such good stuff.  <S>   from  St.Clair Shores

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2017, 08:44:03 AM »
 :rofl :aok

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2017, 09:07:33 AM »
Oh I'd never seen that post, SO funny and TRUE!!!

:rofl  :aok
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2017, 09:13:52 AM »
I like this guy, welcome to the madness!  :D
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2017, 10:56:02 AM »
where's Leadpump now? This thread was worth reviving.  :cheers: :aok :cheers: :cool: :cheers:

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2017, 11:21:39 AM »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2017, 11:52:18 AM »

Well being from the Detroit area I have a natural advantage with this. Ya gotta stay loose around here under fire. Heck my kids lay down cover fire for me just to get to the mail box and back! We spend half the day on the 4th of July diving behind trees! Never can be too lax. New Years Eve is not a picnic either, one champaign cork pops and 30 people reach into their jacket outta instinct. Of course I've never been attacked with a plane here. But I may order a flak gun for the back yard. Hate to take chances. Kid on the corner of my street carries more ordnance than most air fields in AH, but hey, you get use to it :D Not sure what caliber a "zen" is, but if you say they're good I'll look into getting one! LP

:rofl  :aok

I'm dying here!!! LMAO!!!

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2017, 01:08:31 PM »
Locked for violation of forum posting rule #10.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com