Author Topic: DLXIRON FNG! Help, where is the readme file?  (Read 2800 times)

Offline DLXIRON

• Copper Member
DLXIRON FNG! Help, where is the readme file?
« on: March 09, 2017, 02:09:15 PM »

So my name is Doug, call sign DLXIRON or DeluxeIron.  My Dad, call sign Saci or Sacramento Ironworker, was one of the beta tester for Confirmed Kill which would later become Warbirds and that was about the time he got me started playing the game.  We both flew with JG14 as part of the bomber wing.  It is pretty weird to think I quit playing Warbirds twenty years ago and only found Aces High because I caught my fourteen year old son playing some junky arcade flight sim.  With that, so WOW, the game has really come a long way and has become quite complex.  So my first question is where is the "readme"?  I looked all over and maybe I didn't look are hard enough but how do the icons work now?  Specifically the plus and minus before the distance?  Do I have any control over the size of them?  Where is the maps legend and an explanation everything going on there?  I need lots of help getting up to speed :)

Thanks
Doug

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: DLXIRON FNG! Help, where is the readme file?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 02:27:53 PM »
Welcome Doug!

Not sure if you remember me from way back when in Warbirds, but I came over with the advent of AH3.

Icons are in yards. So 1000 =3000'. The Plus and Minus are counter-intuitive to me, but I'm slowly breaking old habits and learning that - means he is closing on you (Positive Velocity of closure), and + means he is opening on you (Negative Velocity of closure). No + or - means you are near equal.

Little symbol represents country (vs unique colors) and they can be a bear to read. 

You can control most anything....

I'm sending you a  PM with a phone number and/or TS info ..much easier to talk you through it than type it all up.

Cheers and Welcome!!

Dobs
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline DLXIRON

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 03:17:54 PM »

Yeah I remember your call sign Dobs.

So is there any explanation anywhere about all the blinking fields on the maps?  I have had a lot of sorties where I have not run into anyone.  It almost seems as if the main arena is WAY to big for the amount of folks playing at anyone time.

Doug

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 03:40:14 PM »
Yeah I remember your call sign Dobs.

So is there any explanation anywhere about all the blinking fields on the maps?  I have had a lot of sorties where I have not run into anyone.  It almost seems as if the main arena is WAY to big for the amount of folks playing at anyone time.

Doug

Also, if you right click on the map in the game it will give you a bunch of info as well.

Flashing bases means there is an enemy close to the field. The colored bars at the top of the sector boxes gives you a general idea of numbers in that sector. Small dar bar = small numbers, large = large numbers. Red is the enemy bar green the friendly bar.

Welcome to Aces High!

Offline DLXIRON

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 04:59:24 PM »
Also, if you right click on the map in the game it will give you a bunch of info as well.

Flashing bases means there is an enemy close to the field. The colored bars at the top of the sector boxes gives you a general idea of numbers in that sector. Small dar bar = small numbers, large = large numbers. Red is the enemy bar green the friendly bar.

Welcome to Aces High!

AHH that answers a lot for me right there!  Thanks Fugitive!

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 10:13:06 PM »
DLXIRON, welcome to Aces High.

If you would like we could meet in the Training Arena for some 1 on 1 training, maybe answer some of your questions, or act as a target.

I'm west coast, actually a couple hours north of Sac.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline DLXIRON

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 12:52:55 AM »
DLXIRON, welcome to Aces High.

If you would like we could meet in the Training Arena for some 1 on 1 training, maybe answer some of your questions, or act as a target.

I'm west coast, actually a couple hours north of Sac.

Sik

Thanks Sik.  I am still west coast but I live in Portland OR.  I am mainly trying to figure out the game nowadays.  Is there a way to zoom in on an area of the map? or is that all you get?

Thanks
Doug

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 01:09:10 AM »
You can zoom in/out on the clipboard map using the insert/delete keys on your keyboard.  You can right click on the map and choose some options or right click on a base for options.  If you want printable maps with object legends then private message me your e-mail and I'll send you a map pack of maps I put together.  You can also see some clipboard maps by right clicking on the map and choosing the option of clipboard maps.   Welcome and there are a lot of helpful players in the community.  If you see me in game, don't hesitate to ask me for any help you may need.

one-eye

P.S.  You can get a lot of info by going to the hitech creations home page link in upper left of forum, click on support, then click on help.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 01:12:47 AM by 1ijac »
"One-Eye"

Offline DLXIRON

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 01:37:33 PM »
You can zoom in/out on the clipboard map using the insert/delete keys on your keyboard.  You can right click on the map and choose some options or right click on a base for options.  If you want printable maps with object legends then private message me your e-mail and I'll send you a map pack of maps I put together.  You can also see some clipboard maps by right clicking on the map and choosing the option of clipboard maps.   Welcome and there are a lot of helpful players in the community.  If you see me in game, don't hesitate to ask me for any help you may need.

one-eye

P.S.  You can get a lot of info by going to the hitech creations home page link in upper left of forum, click on support, then click on help.

Ahh thanks for that 1ijac!!!

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 02:11:00 PM »
DLX,

As sik1 said I'm also in the TA most evenings between 9 pm and 11 pm est. I'd be happy to help with any questions you may have!

BTW on the upper right of clipboard map you can use the + and - to enlarge the map,right click will make clipboard larger,smaller and left click will zoom in or out! Also all key maps are listed under the map key selection.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 10:19:41 PM »
Icons are in yards. So 1000 =3000'. The Plus and Minus are counter-intuitive to me, but I'm slowly breaking old habits and learning that - means he is closing on you (Positive Velocity of closure), and + means he is opening on you (Negative Velocity of closure). No + or - means you are near equal.

A minus sign means the range is decreasing, a plus sign means the range is increasing.  Instead of thinking of "Velocity of closure", think of increasing or decreasing range.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2017, 10:23:33 PM »
  A minus sign means the range is decreasing, a plus sign means the range is increasing.  Instead of thinking of "Velocity of closure", think of increasing or decreasing range.
Isn't that what the numbers mean on the icon:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline DLXIRON

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2017, 02:09:22 PM »

So what does it mean when the fields are blinking light blue, dark blue and magenta?

Figured out last night how to adjust the size of the icons and got my graphic settings to where I can see planes a bit before the icons turn on.  That has helped a lot.

Thanks
Doug

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2017, 02:13:07 PM »
So what does it mean when the fields are blinking light blue, dark blue and magenta?

Figured out last night how to adjust the size of the icons and got my graphic settings to where I can see planes a bit before the icons turn on.  That has helped a lot.

Thanks
Doug

That means there is an enemy nearby.
Just some guy