Author Topic: Dude..........................  (Read 4235 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Dude..........................
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2017, 01:15:30 PM »
1998 I was sitting at my desk with my laptop, PDA, and cell phone in front of me hating them. The VP's assistant once again had asked me why her PDA could not call her laptop and her cell phone, then send a file to her VP when he was in a meeting on the other coast. Looking at them it was obvious that you could eliminate the PDA by including the cell phone FM chip in the laptop. Who would want to hold a laptop up to their head to have a conversation....it was a funny image at the time. I kept running into executives who wanted to know why their cell phone couldn't do what their laptop did for them. And I kept thinking how much easier my life would be if the "Compaq flat panel\slide out keyboard" attached to the server racks to access the servers was a detached tablet with WiFi.

People wish for a winged unicorn when what they need is always spoken without thinking about it when they tell each other about the trials and tribulations of their day. That doesn't mean what they need is even a good thing. Look at the socialization issues our first total techno\internet generation has in face to face interactions since Jobs saw the need versus the tech fad with the smart phone\tablet.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2017, 01:45:14 PM »
Apple didn't invent tablets or smartphones, wasn't the first company to come out with them, and had some flops before coming out with successful versions.

Once they got it all worked out in next versions, however, they obviously nailed it, had awesome judgement and execution, and gathered up enormous market share.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2017, 04:12:20 PM »
Apple didn't invent tablets or smartphones, wasn't the first company to come out with them, and had some flops before coming out with successful versions.

Once they got it all worked out in next versions, however, they obviously nailed it, had awesome judgement and execution, and gathered up enormous market share.
Yea they were no where near the first but now they are a brand name...people identify as Iphone users and such lol
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2017, 04:15:18 PM »

Mainly they just had a huge marketing division. They nailed the marketing and that was their success.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2017, 04:44:54 PM »
I think they are great at marketing, and design.  Their products have "it" for a lot of people.

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2017, 05:04:40 PM »
Apple users are just stuck up elitist.

[I am not an elitist. 
Wait a minute,,,,,  I fly AH,   does that make me an elitist???]

"I have really only one simple rule,
Give more to the game than you take away."
Zoney  December 23, 2009  ahbbs
--------------------------------------------------
<Salute> Pipz    September 27, 2017   RIP

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2017, 01:09:02 PM »
Something changed?
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2017, 01:26:38 AM »
http://youtu.be/yGsHq-mZI8U

Seen good games go to toejam because they gave the customers what they asked for.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2017, 02:06:17 AM »
I must have missed something. I have been away this month, but I don't get this. I read EVERY line in this post and don't get what the problem is :noid ok it's clipboard and panels :confused: :confused: like radio text and other panels? Such as those you can drag to diffrent locations from the gui options screen? Or has it changed since Feb 27 2017? Just wondering what all the hub ubb is about, no one actually specified what the "problem was" :rolleyes: I did read a comment on a new user's post on help page, that stated that no icons showed if your bases radar was down :x from an long time player too. So maybe a misunderstanding or misconception on how to adjust a setting? Don't know, it's not described, so could be....just saying
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2017, 10:00:29 AM »
I seriously thought the OP would post, where's my car?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2017, 12:19:35 PM »

Sweet!

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2017, 03:37:03 PM »

I live in the wilderness near Ontario and do not own a automobile. I have a cart and a small dunkey named Sal.  :old:

Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2017, 06:15:52 PM »
I live in the wilderness near Ontario and do not own a automobile. I have a cart and a small dunkey named Sal.  :old:

There are no dunkeys in the wilderness near Ontario...... :old:

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2017, 06:22:01 PM »
I think you mean donkey, unless you were talking about this guy....

“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2017, 06:25:34 PM »
He means one of these: