Author Topic: couple of best airliner ads i have seen for a long while  (Read 319 times)

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: couple of best airliner ads i have seen for a long while
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 09:13:06 AM »
I like the bottom one, the mountain looks like Ararat. I spent 18 mos in Turkey in the '70s and my kid is going there next month for a year. Unfortunately because of ISIS he wont be able to see the country as I did. It was a fascinating place, like opening a door thru History, and I would gladly go back to visit were it just safer. There were a lot of problems back when I was there to, Martial Law, terrorism, but we went out in the country anyway.

Thats a very good airline. The foreign airlines are much better then our domestic ones. I spent my last few years as a cop at a major airport and it really soured me on flying but some of the foreign airlines have a lot of class. KLM, Air France, British Air, Air India, Emirates, Iclandair, Qatar, Turkish, Korean Air...ect Their flight crews come thru looking like commando teams compared to our American sardine haulers. Their Jets are all 777s, 787s, 330's, 747's, 340's, and in much better shape and kept up better.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 09:55:05 AM »
Unfortunately because of ISIS he wont be able to see the country as I did. It was a fascinating place, like opening a door thru History, and I would gladly go back to visit were it just safer.

So sad... once the USA and Russia is finished with what ever they are doing and get out of the region we will put it back into order... might take a couple more decades but we are in no rush (been here couple 1000s years :) )
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 10:14:35 AM »
ISIS? in Turkey? Last time i checked they where in Syria and iraq. But I would not go to Turkey either, for rule-14 reasons.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 10:20:28 AM »
ISIS? in Turkey? Last time i checked they where in Syria and iraq. But I would not go to Turkey either, for rule-14 reasons.

which 2 has 900km border already sent a 4million syrian and about 2 million iraquies imigrants into Turkey since 2009... assuming even  0.01% of those are radical islamists and other terrorists... thats a big number...
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 10:25:00 AM »
The sharks are circling......

Just saying.

For those who do not get my subtle messages, it means this thread is wandering into areas it should not be wandering due to the forum posting rules.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 10:25:55 AM »
yeah its getting out of subject , feel free to close it please.
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 11:26:32 AM »
I only have watched the first video, but it was great! Brought tears to my eyes. Everyone please just keep your posts on topic. It'd be a shame to close this one.

Edit: OK, number 3 was great too!  :salute

Edit, Edit: OK, number two was pretty cool, too! Thanks for posting this Hotcoffe.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 11:33:36 AM by nooby52 »

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 12:09:20 PM »
Regarding Turkey, last year my neighbor sent his blonde haired blue eyed 16 year old daughter to Turkey for a year as an exchange student, and she had a blast.  She said the people are wonderful.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 12:53:31 PM »
I only have watched the first video, but it was great! Brought tears to my eyes. Everyone please just keep your posts on topic. It'd be a shame to close this one.

Edit: OK, number 3 was great too!  :salute

Edit, Edit: OK, number two was pretty cool, too! Thanks for posting this Hotcoffe.

yeah the first one had same effect on me when i first watched it...
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2017, 03:02:56 PM »
Regarding Turkey, last year my neighbor sent his blonde haired blue eyed 16 year old daughter to Turkey for a year as an exchange student, and she had a blast.  She said the people are wonderful.

Yeah its a beautiful, fascinating country and much of it is very tourist friendly. I could spend a year just visiting the Historical sights there are so many of them. Unfortunately Incirlick AFB is 60 mi from the Syrian border and Turkey is an extremely dangerous country to visit right now. Incirlick is on lock down and the troops cant leave the base, they had to send the dependents home. Ataturk INTL in Istanbul is the most heavily defended airport Ive ever seen, its has tanks and regular army on it, and still ISIS murdered 45 people there in one attack in 2016. They killed 39 people in an attack on an Istanbul night club last NYE. And on and on it goes. Turkey is simply unsafe to travel to right now.

I always wanted to go back to hunt Turkey. They have some spectacular hunting there and incredible mountain ranges. If your a hunter do a search on "hunting in Turkey" and you will be impressed.

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2017, 03:28:13 PM »
Nothing like seeing little kids get that spark of passion for aviation.   :aok

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2017, 03:45:58 PM »
Nothing like seeing little kids get that spark of passion for aviation.   :aok

Yeah, getting back to topic that is a cute commercial. Thanks for sharing. Kids still get very excited about flying and always will.