Author Topic: TRACK-IR 5 FOR SALE  (Read 1145 times)

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
TRACK-IR 5 FOR SALE
« on: March 10, 2017, 02:58:20 PM »
Track-IR 5 for sale. About 6 months old, rarely used. Complete and works great. $100.00 I will pay shipping.
Kimosabe

Offline outsider

• Zinc Member
Re: TRACK-IR 5 FOR SALE
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 02:22:35 PM »
still for sale ?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 06:17:20 PM »
crap just bought one at full price.  my old one broke

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 11:02:37 AM »
crap just bought one at full price.  my old one broke

semp

What broke in yours?
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 11:58:44 AM »
What broke in yours?

The clip pro.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 11:31:20 AM »
The clip pro.

Semp

When I got mine I'd already been experimenting with other programs like freetrackir. I looked at the clip as the weak link in the system as others had ID'd it as pretty much designed to break and at about $40 I wasn't about that. So I built my own ball cap with active IR LEDs in it that mimic the reflectors. I turned off the IR projector lights in the camera in the cfg file so they don't reflect off my glasses and it works perfectly. No shot of breaking mine. Doesn't look all that stylish but I'm no slave to fashion anyway hehe.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 12:06:43 PM »
When I got mine I'd already been experimenting with other programs like freetrackir. I looked at the clip as the weak link in the system as others had ID'd it as pretty much designed to break and at about $40 I wasn't about that. So I built my own ball cap with active IR LEDs in it that mimic the reflectors. I turned off the IR projector lights in the camera in the cfg file so they don't reflect off my glasses and it works perfectly. No shot of breaking mine. Doesn't look all that stylish but I'm no slave to fashion anyway hehe.

Drano do you follow aguide you found somewhere?  How did you know which LEDs to buy, how to hook up, etc?  I'm still using the old hat clip, and at certain angles, the traker loses my completely and I have to re-center - not great in the middle of a dogfight!   

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 12:43:22 PM »
Drano do you follow aguide you found somewhere?  How did you know which LEDs to buy, how to hook up, etc?  I'm still using the old hat clip, and at certain angles, the traker loses my completely and I have to re-center - not great in the middle of a dogfight!

Like this here! A little bit of a project but not that bad. Cost was about $20 at Radio Shack, an freebie ball cap, 3 bic pen barrels, some hot glue and an old cell phone charger.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,368753.msg4910812.html#msg4910812
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 12:49:09 PM »
I've since added diffusers from a set of LED christmas tree lights to the fronts of the LEDs to make the target bigger. I've also found my way into the cfg file of TIR to disable the camera LEDs to forego the paper mask I had over them in the last pic. In the TIR GUI you can't set them below 10%. Set to 0 in the cfg, problem solved.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 12:53:16 PM by Drano »
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"