Author Topic: Terrain Editor Error Checker  (Read 363 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Terrain Editor Error Checker
« on: March 24, 2017, 10:46:41 PM »
The TE's Check Terrain doesn't check to make sure that Task Groups are assigned a valid base number, ie if you have 195 bases and assign the TG to base 196, it doesn't complain.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Terrain Editor Error Checker
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 10:08:04 PM »
btw, I've noticed that all the Flags in the TE show as Rook.

At first I thought I'd somehow assigned my bases to the wrong country.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 12:58:36 PM »
btw, I've noticed that all the Flags in the TE show as Rook.

At first I thought I'd somehow assigned my bases to the wrong country.

It will stay that way. There is no hook up to any strat/ownership type ideas in the editor.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 01:18:19 PM »
I noticed that the TE error checker quit catching GV spawns set to the same direction after I had completely populated my terrain with spawns.

I found them by accident after that which initiated one of my three rounds of visiting every single spawn on the terrain. On the other hand as a best practices issue, a minimum of three visits of every single base and GV spawn for an MA terrain is a good idea. I was amazed at all the issues I found with each round, and I thought I was being very thorough in how I laid down objects and painted around them. Kind of wished in the task groups tab was a tool that showed the map room objects so you could click on them and be taken to where you hid the derned things. At least I had the oba file. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 01:58:43 PM »
I noticed that the TE error checker quit catching GV spawns set to the same direction after I had completely populated my terrain with spawns.

I found them by accident after that which initiated one of my three rounds of visiting every single spawn on the terrain. On the other hand as a best practices issue, a minimum of three visits of every single base and GV spawn for an MA terrain is a good idea. I was amazed at all the issues I found with each round, and I thought I was being very thorough in how I laid down objects and painted around them. Kind of wished in the task groups tab was a tool that showed the map room objects so you could click on them and be taken to where you hid the derned things. At least I had the oba file.

Fixed for next patch.

On the goto, you could just type in the find box F11MPR000 , then select it and press the goto button.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 02:04:04 PM »
Fixed for next patch.

On the goto, you could just type in the find box F11MPR000 , then select it and press the goto button.

Didn't think to try that, thank you.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.