Author Topic: New Map????  (Read 1514 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: New Map????
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2017, 06:36:01 AM »
I was thinking about getting into map-making but I'll never compete with this.    :salute :cheers:
Now there's a scary thought  :neener: :rofl

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2017, 09:27:01 AM »
Well bustr, your hard work appears to have paid off... I may not have visited each sector, but the ones I was in last night, killed me just fine....

Love the BB. Love the CV groups have room  to maneuver, love the thought of a taboo strat raid (with 40-50 people  because that's how many would be needed, as it should be instead of a lone bomber that's come back from cutting the lawn).

I'm sure you're going to get more critques from "expert testers", but so far the ol' oinker done good..

Thanks for all your work on this map bud, so far so good!
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2017, 09:28:18 AM »
I enjoyed my time on your terrain last night. Excellent work buster.

Thank you very much for your time. It means a lot to so many AH folks.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2017, 10:47:59 AM »
Now there's a scary thought  :neener: :rofl

MiN, go to your room.  WiFi password blocked until further notice!   :neener:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2017, 11:01:29 AM »
Had a great time last night on new map.  The Pigs squad night was a drunken fun ADHD fest.  Woohoo!  :x
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2017, 11:20:33 AM »
it reeks of {sniff sniff} BACON.  I doesn't help me kill tanks in tank town, hasn't helped shoot down a single plane for me, nor white flag a town in one shot from the massive 16".
but all and all its a great fun map, you sir done well for the community and you should be proud ,(small tear).  it was very fun last night and they are correct someone with adhd is gonna feel it on this map.  :salute :salute

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2017, 11:24:10 AM »
Still need to see if the GV fans are finding each other in the tank furball pit in the center.

I only heard praise coming from the GVers on Knights last night.  It is an amazing map and that center is GV heaven.  At one point, w few planes would show up to bomb then vulch storches.  SO I went to get a fighter, flew back and waited only to get tangled up in some really good fights and die.  A lot...

As much as I died last night (in the pilot rutt) I have to say that was a great time.

Well done on your map, Sir!

<<S>>

:rock
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2017, 01:04:16 PM »
Thank you all, I listened during the 2 years of the alpha\beta testing of the new terrain tiles and GVers problems with them. I read everyone's concerns about the lack of combat creeping into the game and yes Violator's and Junky's passionate concerns about how to promote MA air combat and the terror of the M3. And I remembered the constant lights out of our HQ's courtesy of the 49ers. And I did love the AH2 tank crater on CraterMA because it promoted combat, comedy, and community. I liked flying a storch for my side in that crater no matter how often I got whacked by the other side for vectoring my guys in on them.

When I created the tank crater on bowlma, it originaly had the three tiny GV bases as uncapturable. Hitech decided against that, so I had a backup plan in place.

Did you know a single M3 with troops can capture one of those bases with no help from other players? Just kill the two auto ack 20mm positions and release the troops at the map room. The 50cal on the M3 can do it in seconds. The spawn from the base on the main island drops you down slope in the trees or village just below the base. Drive up and from just out of AA range plink the auto ack. Or drive across the Pit and steal one of the other bases to get a foot hold back in the crater.

So don't get angry at the griefers for taking over that island. If they don't take over your medium field with the spawn back to the island, get even with them in a few minutes. Heck you can get a friend to de-ack, and you drop troops from a C47. That tiny GV base is only 19 miles from your medium field. This is why I put the tiny GV bases in blind 1600ft tall pockets with no way to sit above the base and no cover back of the base.

Again, thank you all, and have fun with the terrain.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2017, 02:31:53 PM »
Maps a winner. No doubt.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2017, 03:16:16 PM »
I like it bustr!     :aok   Thank you for all the hard work!   :salute

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2017, 03:59:43 PM »
I like it. Really nice. I drove around the very center of the map that has three close gv spawns from all three countries. We used to have that in CraterMA in AH2. It will create allot of fun gv battles like the old CraterMA. There are lots of ridges to peak over.  The tank town n the middle is great for cover.  :aok

I also spent some time on the new battleship. Wow, those 16 incher knock anything out with one hit.  :aok

I have not upped a plane yet, and I hope the fighter pilots are happy. There seems to be allot to do for everyone. I can tell allot of thinking about different scenarios went into the design of this one. W T G

:aok
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2017, 06:25:02 PM »
I enjoyed the new map the other day.....good job!..... :old:
Gnat