Author Topic: Oculus Tool Update  (Read 453 times)

Offline nomad45

• Zinc Member
Oculus Tool Update
« on: March 29, 2017, 04:44:31 PM »
Latest Oculus update took out my Oculus Debug tool that allows you to up the pixel density.  The fix is you need to have tool 1.13

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/5okoju/oculus_tray_tool/

Good luck and See yall in the virtual Air

Nomad :airplane:

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Re: Oculus Tool Update
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 08:15:05 AM »
Yes thanks this occured for me as well. I took the tray tool out of play till I can upgrade my machine but good to know there's a fix if anyone's using it!   :aok
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 01:26:24 PM »
Can someone give me the coles notes on what exactly this tool does? I have a Rift but it's DK2.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 01:47:15 PM »
it allows you to change the pixel density in your rift.  more pixels = more detail = looks better

you use to have to use the SoftwareDevelopmentKit to manually make the change from like 0 to 2 and then leave SDK running while you play your game..and do that every time.

the tray tool allows you to use game profiles to manage your pixel depths and it and be set as scheduled task so it'll start when your computer starts and will use the game profiles to set your pixel depths for your rift in your games.
it does some other things too..

but giving the rift more detail is the main thing.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 02:32:02 PM »
Thanks Kanth - Which particular software development kit are we referring to? There are many...

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 02:50:55 PM »
The Oculus SDK.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 04:31:58 PM »
 :aok

Thanks Kanth - I'll give it a whirl.

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2017, 06:23:25 PM »
My only problem with this is that I need to literally turn off EVERYTHING in the graphics options menu to keep the game running @ 90FPS.  Anything that is on, even a few things, drops the fame below 90.  I am running top notch hardware too.  War Thunder, I can up pixel density to 2.0 and keep all the settings on Movie Quality and still keep 90fps.  Does anyone have any tips, tricks, or workarounds?  What are you all doing?  Or are you just accepting < 90 FPS?  Thanks!

Making this a thread
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"