Author Topic: How does resupply work?  (Read 1043 times)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
How does resupply work?
« on: April 01, 2017, 01:45:13 PM »
I was recently told that you don't have to physically be within the town/airfield boundary, rather in a 2k distance to begin resupplying objects.  Is this true?
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: How does resupply work?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 01:48:34 PM »
Not sure on the actual distance at the moment, but yes, it's basically true. You can resupply a town without entering it. Often its safer, for example,  to drive to a patch of trees outside the town or field.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 01:55:37 PM »
I thought the rule was 1k to drop field supplies, and 700yds for GV supplies.

Someone in the wish list proposed a specific place that field supplies had to be delivered to something like a local small depot. That would get camped and pretty much kill M3 resupply during field assaults. Some have asked that for towns, the M3 has to get inside of the town which has some merit though the resupply drop distance seems to be one with max troop drop distance. M3's are one of the most powerful tools in the game at this point.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline madrid311

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 10:54:30 AM »
Wow, I've Been doing it the hard way. I get more satisfaction out of doing it the hard way I guess. Like never bailing while bombing. Give the guys a chance to fight a bomber, I know I like too. I hate it when they bail, take it like a man and stay and fight. Lol
Quote from: hitech on Yesterday at 11:15:04 AM              
         I am happy you are having fun. HiTech                                                  
                  In game name : GunFTR

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 11:11:34 AM »
Wow, I've Been doing it the hard way. I get more satisfaction out of doing it the hard way I guess. Like never bailing while bombing. Give the guys a chance to fight a bomber, I know I like too. I hate it when they bail, take it like a man and stay and fight. Lol
You're not the only one... As for the 1k rule I have always thought it's altitude only... Oh well...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 01:20:46 PM »
Personally, I think the supplies should have to be dropped within a defined town/airfield boundary to count.

A way to balance this might be with a timer?  If supplies are dropped IN town/airfield then they immediately credit toward supply.  If they are a certain distance of town, a timer goes into effect before credit?

Within .01-.5 miles it would take 30 seconds after resupp drop for credit and .51 to 1.0 60 seconds?
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 10:10:50 PM »
  Click this link, and check out the section on supply drops:

http://www.hitechcreations.com/aircraft-preflight/aces-high-objectives

According to this page, a box of supplies will resupply everything within a one mile radius. 

This distance may have changed.  Hopefully we will get some confirmation on the range.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 01:50:33 PM »
Is still 1 mile.  Also remember that is 1 mile to each building, not the icon.
HiTech
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 01:53:36 PM by hitech »

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 12:02:20 AM »
Sweet!

Thank you very much hitech for chiming in!

:cheers:
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 08:21:05 PM »
Is still 1 mile.  Also remember that is 1 mile to each building, not the icon.
HiTech

Thank you for confirming.  This is why I drop supplies on target if possible, to make sure I get them all.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com