Author Topic: f5 view in buffs very odd since new map (latest patch?)  (Read 470 times)

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
f5 view in buffs very odd since new map (latest patch?)
« on: March 31, 2017, 07:48:39 PM »
When I key f5 (for the big picture view of the air around me) my default view is at an approximately 90 degree angle to the direction my planes are flying....aaaand that viewpoint does not travel along with my buffs--so I can watch them fly steadily off until they are mere specks in the distance if I want to. When I jump back into the cockpit the starting engine noise cues up, though it doesn't seem as if my engines had stopped in the 1st place.
Anyone else having this problem? And how to fix it? It's very tough to track incoming fighters like this. Thanks in advance!

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: f5 view in buffs very odd since new map (latest patch?)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 06:05:31 AM »
Sometimes the view is not right and requires a simple press of the forward view key, but F5 turns off tracker mode which means it is not supposed to follow your plane.  Maybe I am not understanding that aspect of the issue.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline dallash

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 06:37:37 AM »
Yes, F5 key seems to drop a camera wherever you hit the button, then leaves it there forever. It used to give a distant external view.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 07:19:28 AM »
Sometimes the view is not right and requires a simple press of the forward view key, but F5 turns off tracker mode which means it is not supposed to follow your plane.  Maybe I am not understanding that aspect of the issue.

See http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,386204.0.html for description of the issue and HiTechs comment on it.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman