Author Topic: TrackIR stops working almost immediately  (Read 500 times)

Offline mikeWe9a

• Copper Member
TrackIR stops working almost immediately
« on: April 01, 2017, 09:38:19 PM »
I installed TrackIR v5, with the latest version of the software from the website.  In the software, tracking looks good, and seems to work in the tower.  Upon launching an aircraft, however, the software seems to lockup within a minute or less, with no head tracking at all.  On exiting the game, I find that the software has locked up, and trying to quit gives an error that the software has stopped working.

Any ideas?  DXdiag attached.

Thanks,

Mike

ETA:  This is offline on DX11.  Testing on DX9 lasted a couple rings around the starting airfield, but then on landing roll I noticed that the tracking was off again.  Software version is 5.4.2.27545. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 10:14:07 PM by mikeWe9a »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: TrackIR stops working almost immediately
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 06:23:31 AM »
You might want to try an externally powered USB hub.  Your computer is only showing 2 USB hubs built-in and one of them looks to be a tad overloaded.  Could be causing USB brownouts due to the power requirement load on the bus.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline mikeWe9a

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 07:30:36 AM »
Thanks for the reply Skuzzy.  I have 2 externally powered USB 3.0 hubs.  The TrackIR was plugged into one along with my Warthog, rudder pedals, and headset (just plugged in to attach the pro clip).  According to a google search, the TrackIR camera doesn't like hubs, so I plugged it to a port on the computer chassis which goes directly to a USB header on the MB.  I managed to complete a 5 minute offline flight with no problems after this, so it may be solved.

I have to say, I am a little disappointed in the number of USB devices which seem to only want to work correctly if they have a direct connection to the motherboard (Thrustmaster suggests that you plug any/all of their controllers directly to the computer as well) - they're just sending digital data back and forth, and trying to plug everything into the case defeats the main advantage of USB.

v/r

Mike

Offline 4462

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 09:28:01 AM »
Mike

On occasion, my Track IR stops working.  The only procedure I've found to fix it is as follows:

1.  Close Aces High
2.  Close TrackIR
3.  Open TrackIR
4.  Open Aces High

It usually fixes things and I can leave it up for days.

Specter