Author Topic: Learning about ENY  (Read 513 times)

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
Learning about ENY
« on: April 06, 2017, 11:25:10 AM »
What causes ENY to be so high lately? What targets are being hit to cause it?

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: Learning about ENY
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 11:36:27 AM »
What causes ENY to be so high lately? What targets are being hit to cause it?

Targets have nothing to do with it.  ENY is caused by an imbalance in players per chess piece.  If yours has more players than ENY will cut in when it becomes ponderous.  You may switch sides every 6 hours and stay on the low numbers side to not have an ENY.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 11:37:29 AM »
Ok thanks that info is very helpful. Is there a help file on this?

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 12:13:43 PM »
I had no clue that what causes ENY. It seemed the other way around to me where they had more players but guess I never noticed. It has made me fly other planes but I have not really liked it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 12:51:04 PM »
The base for ENY limiter calculation is your sides percentage of players  vs smallest country percentage of players. Generally speaking, once your side has something like 10 percentage points more than the smalles chesspiece, ENY starts to kick in. Maximum ENY limit is 29 so you can always fly planes with an ENY value of 30 or more. For example, you can always fly a Mossie VI (ENY 30).

You can check the current percentages and the ENY limits on 'country status' (rightclick on clipboard map)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 03:05:49 PM »
Also keep in mind that it is based on total players logged in the game, NOT in flight.  Often a chess piece close to winning the war will suffer from high ENY, as a good number of players will stay logged in while away from keyboard, for the purpose of getting the "win the war" points.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 07:24:23 PM »
Good Information. I always stayed log in when away from keyboard so now I know to log off