Author Topic: BowlMA flak bazes  (Read 231 times)

Offline 715

• Silver Member
BowlMA flak bazes
« on: April 09, 2017, 11:39:58 AM »
BowlMA flak bases (i.e. F2) have nothing enabled in the hanger so you can't man the 88's.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: BowlMA flak bazes
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 01:50:38 PM »
I made them automated AI ack only to protect the nearby strat on that basis, they are also uncapturable.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
Re: BowlMA flak bazes
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 10:43:21 PM »
I made them automated AI ack only to protect the nearby strat on that basis, they are also uncapturable.

Just an FYI: automated puffy flak in AH has almost zero probability of protecting anything.  I have previously done tests to show the CV auto puffy flak has zero probability of stopping incoming bombers before they drop on it.  I repeated a similar test for BowlMA offline by changing A55 to Bishop and attacking the City near F54 with formations of B17s at 13K with approximately 180 degree approach vector.  Results are:

Number of tests: 10
Planes per test: 3
Total number of planes: 30
Number of planes lost before they drop on the City: 1

Notice I'm not complaining.  The strats are pretty isolated on BowlMA.  I'm just pointing out the auto flak isn't going to stop much of anything.