Author Topic: Had a good AH-VR Session  (Read 437 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Had a good AH-VR Session
« on: April 10, 2017, 04:27:35 PM »
Air to air shots are where the VR really shines with its full scale view.  I must say too, once you get everything working, you get a true sense of what the limitations of the view  WW2 pilots had having been strapped into the seat.  The movement is one to one so when you say real stretch to look up, to get a view of that red, it is very real.

It is almost embarrassing to find yourself reach for the P-38 wheel after a lazy, hands off auto climb or try to rest your arm on the tank turret. It happens more than you would think.

Dive bombing is now much improved although still short of regular AH.  I don't look at the altimeter on drop.  I depend on the size of the object.  VR throws you off with the change of object size.  The maps seem a bit easier to read.

Your mind, I guess you would say, starts accepting the lower quality of video graphics seemingly tuning more to the incredible 3-D objects HTC artiest have prepared.  My favorite plane so far in 3-D is the P-47 just because of the shear size of the plane.

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
Re: Had a good AH-VR Session
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 08:04:59 PM »
Yes it is great once you get used to it.  I turn all the way around now quickly by grabbing the arm of my chair and checking my six.  It keeps me grounded and decreases the chance of getting dizzy when looking constantly and turning.  Keeping your eye on the bogey while maneuvering the plane around the target your eyes are locked in on, even when it is directly above your canopy, is more fun than anything.  You also start to feel how claustrophobic feeling they must have had being up on one sortie for hours. 
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"