Author Topic: Trinity  (Read 1371 times)

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
Trinity
« on: April 12, 2017, 08:58:07 AM »
Will Trinity ever return? I loved that map.
Todd

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Trinity
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 09:08:02 AM »
The old map as you know it? Highly unlikely...  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 01:45:35 PM »
I remember he map by name only.  Have a pic?
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 04:13:46 PM »
The thing about Trinity, was V 35. It was the very best battleground for tanks. Tanks were everywhere. The two spawns were nearly point to point. Loved it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 04:27:05 PM »
I remember he map by name only.  Have a pic?

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 04:32:31 PM »
The thing about Trinity, was V 35. It was the very best battleground for tanks. Tanks were everywhere. The two spawns were nearly point to point. Loved it.

A1 was the place for air battles... once you took A1 the door was open to the NE country.
Todd

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 04:49:35 PM »
Trinity was a pile of crap. Glad it got nuked.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 08:23:05 PM »

sorry dude V135
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 09:16:55 PM »
Yep big fan :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
AkCaine

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2017, 08:52:30 AM »
People's opinions of either likes or dislikes regarding the Trinity Map terrain are as indifferent as their are "win the war/map players" vs "furball dogfighting players"....

From my perspective of participating in both styles of gameplay on the "Trinity Map terrain", I found Trinity a Map that offered and played to the strengths of all  different types of gameplay, whether it was offering excellent furballing action, or created some incredible fights between countries on fighting over taking/defending bases (Air Fields, Vehicle Bases, Ports/CV Groups), or being able to create some of the better GV battles.... Trinity had the ability and opportunities to initiate and offer the players any type/style of gameplay that their minds could create......

NOE missions, Strat missions, Base Taking/Defending missions, GV battles, Fighter Sweeps, etc....

From my Melee Arena game play experiences over all the years, I would have to say that the most and best fun was had on the Trinity Map !

It would be great to see it make a return and show up in Aces High III !

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2017, 09:07:47 AM »
From my Melee Arena game play experiences over all the years, I would have to say that the most and best fun was had on the Trinity Map !

Trinity was great while AH had the numbers to support it. I learned tanking in the wild battlegrounds of the crater. When Trinity returned to rotation, this part was / stayed dead.
Even back in 2012, there was a collective moan when Trinity came up. It was the sole map that almost never was reset by players at the time, but went on for the full week, in some months making up almost for half the rotation time. Especially the huge mountains (higher than Mt. Everest!) made establishing a fight or even pushing into the enemies territory exceedingly difficult.
Near the end of it's tenure, for a good part of the day it just was that famous spawn and not much else going on.

And for those nostalgically wishing for the return of that spawncamp: AH has a new terrain engine now. See what happened to Crater on Crater MA...  :noid

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2017, 09:44:27 AM »
Yes Snailman, I was referring to when Trinity Map terrain was first introduced and the numbers were way up pre-2009 and earlier

Back when squads of 30+ would square off against one another and have coinciding base taking missions going against each other, etc...

I guess it was somewhere around 2010 that my MA flying time started dwindling to hardly showing up to fly a couple hours a month, these days... spending my time for FSO events, KOTH events, DA & and some TA time....with a small amount of time when I'm able to, for anything else...

<§>

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2017, 09:52:51 AM »
Back when squads of 30+ would square off against one another and have coinciding base taking missions going against each other, etc...

Ah, those days.... "NOE AT A15" ... "NOE P252" ... "ALERT, LTARS at V52" ... "Fighter sweep up!" (Yes children, there really were populated fighter sweep missions back then, and battles for bases did last long enough for them to meet the enemy...)

/NostalgiaOff

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2017, 04:25:38 PM »
A copy of Trinity probably still exists. Maybe it can be converted to AH III and modified to comply with the current game if anyone wants to work on it. If you still have AH2 on your computer you can look in the Terrain folder.

<S>
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2017, 04:27:31 PM »
Why bother? Better to make a new map that doesn't suck.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com