Author Topic: P38 trainer needed  (Read 2449 times)

Offline Hassledbytheman

• Zinc Member
P38 trainer needed
« on: April 17, 2017, 02:24:41 PM »
I have chosen the P38 as my favorite ride, but am clueless as how to fly it correctly. I need a skilled trainer in this specific bird to help me please.
Please call me at 913-208-3807 to discuss moving forward. I'm old and don't want to deal with email,  so please call. :lol

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: P38 trainer needed
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 03:25:35 PM »
I'm not clear on what you're asking. Do you want to train by phone or just set up an appointment by phone? 

We don't usually train by email but we use this forum to schedule appointments for training. Since you posted a training request here I'm assuming that you can post days and times that are good for you to train on. That will help us match you with a trainer. You don't need a P-38 expert, you just need to learn combat flying. Once you know what you're doing you can apply it to any aircraft.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 03:52:12 PM »
He has been around here for quite a while FLS.  He is asking for help to get to the strengths of the P38 and understanding the weaknesses as to which combat maneuvers to apply when and so forth.

I think he is already versed in combat maneuvers, but is very rusty.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 04:38:57 PM »
Ack-Ack is the best P-38 player in the game.  Maybe he could post some pointers in this thread that would get you started.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 04:47:46 PM »
I hope Sik1 helped last night,it was a bit late for me and I was about to log off when you asked for help. FYI,I'm usually in the TA between 9pm and 11pm eastern!

At midnight I turn into a pumpkin so I need to get to my patch!

:salute

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 05:44:38 PM »
I worked with him last night for a little while. Although he is rusty, he is well versed in combat maneuvers and tactics and would definitely benefit from a 38 specific trainer for the finer points in that bird.
I'm more than happy to help him knock off his rust, but I don't feel proficient enough in 38's to really help him excel in them.

Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline WpnX

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 07:38:38 PM »
I tried to help him but he was hopeless... and very rude :)
Elvis
The Flying Circus

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 12:16:44 AM »
Ack-Ack is the best P-38 player in the game.  Maybe he could post some pointers in this thread that would get you started.
well? Not sure I agree with that,Randy. Not saying that he doesn't eat my lunch...every FRICKEN encounter but he flies his fight. Cant recall seeing him in a "standard" base take or defense situation. I could be wrong, mostly though, he just fights his own fights. That isn't a bad thing and I am certainly not dissing that. I would how ever, have to vote GFLYER or Dobs as the most "Balanced" 38 sticks. I see them a lot on base takes and defensive situations. Oh! Yup...they get me a lot as well! I know, its true they may not actually participate in the knocking the base flat and such. Just saying, capable fighter cap is very nice to have and is support role! I have to vote them over ACKACK for that reason. Sure he does that, just don't see him in that role very often. OK, Dobs and Gflyer...gave you a good reference, let me win or atleast have a chance beat ya?  lol :pray :rock :O
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 07:24:38 AM »
well? Not sure I agree with that,Randy. Not saying that he doesn't eat my lunch...every FRICKEN encounter but he flies his fight. Cant recall seeing him in a "standard" base take or defense situation. I could be wrong, mostly though, he just fights his own fights. That isn't a bad thing and I am certainly not dissing that. I would how ever, have to vote GFLYER or Dobs as the most "Balanced" 38 sticks. I see them a lot on base takes and defensive situations. Oh! Yup...they get me a lot as well! I know, its true they may not actually participate in the knocking the base flat and such. Just saying, capable fighter cap is very nice to have and is support role! I have to vote them over ACKACK for that reason. Sure he does that, just don't see him in that role very often. OK, Dobs and Gflyer...gave you a good reference, let me win or atleast have a chance beat ya?  lol :pray :rock :O

Appreciate the vote of confidence:)

If you see me online, just ask for help. I'll be glad to share with you what I know.  Busy schedule for the next Week and a half (traveling)....but after that I'll be on usually around 7:30 Central to 10:00:)
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 07:40:55 PM »
Appreciate the vote of confidence:)

If you see me online, just ask for help. I'll be glad to share with you what I know.  Busy schedule for the next Week and a half (traveling)....but after that I'll be on usually around 7:30 Central to 10:00:)

Actually Dobs, I considered giving him your name, but thought I might want to ask you first. So when I see him next time, or he see this post he'll know to look for you.

Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 07:59:51 PM »
I would how ever, have to vote GFLYER or Dobs as the most "Balanced" 38 sticks.

Both are real good.  No doubt about that.

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 08:46:18 PM »
Actually Dobs, I considered giving him your name, but thought I might want to ask you first. So when I see him next time, or he see this post he'll know to look for you.

Sik
(S)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Online Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 07:00:32 AM »
Both are real good.  No doubt about that.

True.  P-38 drivers seem to have very distinctive styles.  AckAck has one, Dobs has another.  You might give Shuffler a ring; he's very adept at close-in knife fighting with that bomber-wannabe plane.  All three ran out of Oldman kill stickers long ago.

- oldman

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 11:35:53 AM »

True.  P-38 drivers seem to have very distinctive styles.  AckAck has one, Dobs has another.  You might give Shuffler a ring; he's very adept at close-in knife fighting with that bomber-wannabe plane.  All three ran out of Oldman kill stickers long ago.

- oldman
I'm the guy that flies half decent but can't shoot worth a dang! 20 years of this you'd think I'd pick it up by now!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2017, 02:33:40 PM »
I have chosen the P38 as my favorite ride, but am clueless as how to fly it correctly. I need a skilled trainer in this specific bird to help me please.
Please call me at 913-208-3807 to discuss moving forward. I'm old and don't want to deal with email,  so please call. :lol

Sent you a PM, come fly with the 113th Lucky Strikes, a P38 Squad.  We fly as Knights, always have, always will.  Vox 113. We fly Saturday Evenings, 7PM EST.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes