Author Topic: Where are all the "BIG WEEK" Bomber Crews?  (Read 4257 times)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
Re: Where are all the "BIG WEEK" Bomber Crews?
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2017, 11:30:20 AM »
Slipknt,

Are you going to GL the Bloody 100th?

Hey, Brother.

First off.  Thank you for setting up this board. 

I'll take the 100th.

I'll get some names ASAP.  Looking for the registration to open up and an Allied Forum to be more active.  I plan on starting up my murder board this week for planning purposes and Orders.

Thanks!!
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2017, 11:30:38 AM »
Hey!

That 324th BS patch looks a little suspect.

:aok
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2017, 11:35:45 AM »
Currently, 100th has 4 slots filled.

I have 2 open slots left for my BG (B17s).

SlipKnt
Popsman
Tudza
Killyjim

AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2017, 11:39:59 AM »
Hey, Brother.

First off.  Thank you for setting up this board. 

I'll take the 100th.

I'll get some names ASAP.  Looking for the registration to open up and an Allied Forum to be more active.  I plan on starting up my murder board this week for planning purposes and Orders.

Thanks!!

Skipper,

Your batch of B-17s is likely over Iceland on the way over from the states by now. Well have them ready to go for yah. No problem!

Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2017, 12:08:35 PM »
Why? Many times the feedback given is constructive and brings up valid points. "Back then" was real war. This is not that. I wouldn't spend a Saturday afternoon on a game that is onesided.

Really?

What if it was a lot of fun.  I mean really, really fun, even if you were on the losing side?  Do you only choose to play games if you can win?  What if it's the most fun you have ever had but there is no chance of winning, would you play it then?  I have had some of my most fun days here in AH knowing there was no way I was going to win.

The most fun day I have ever had in my life was in 1998, racing a Superbike at Daytona.  There was no way I was going to win.  It just was not even close to being possible, yet me, and the 2 friends I traveled with to do this race, and the 2 weeks I took off work just to make it there and back, and the thousands of dollars I spent, and the crash I had at 170 mph, all added up to the best, most fun day of my life.

Winning isn't all it's cracked up to be.  Striving to improve, spending time with friends, giggling your way through adversity also has value.

Wag more, bark less.

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2017, 02:35:33 PM »
Really?

What if it was a lot of fun.  I mean really, really fun, even if you were on the losing side?  Do you only choose to play games if you can win?  What if it's the most fun you have ever had but there is no chance of winning, would you play it then?  I have had some of my most fun days here in AH knowing there was no way I was going to win.

The most fun day I have ever had in my life was in 1998, racing a Superbike at Daytona.  There was no way I was going to win.  It just was not even close to being possible, yet me, and the 2 friends I traveled with to do this race, and the 2 weeks I took off work just to make it there and back, and the thousands of dollars I spent, and the crash I had at 170 mph, all added up to the best, most fun day of my life.

Winning isn't all it's cracked up to be.  Striving to improve, spending time with friends, giggling your way through adversity also has value.

Well stated...

:cheers:

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2017, 09:11:11 PM »
Well stated...

:cheers:

Still proud of me?
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline HB555

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2017, 09:17:46 PM »
I love flying the B-17 and would enjoy taking part again, HB. :aok
My problem is that I will be out of town on June 3 and June 24.
If there's a way I can fit in the other 2 days I'll be there.

You do not get off that easy, Joker.
I'll get you on the standby roster for the 91st BG.
Slpknot is heading up the 100th BG.
Between the two of us, you will have a seat, even if I have to give you mine!
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline HB555

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2017, 09:27:04 PM »
Hey!

That 324th BS patch looks a little suspect.
One of them is wrong for sure. I'll get it right in the allied forums, although I rather like your version a lot!
Joker is a standby for the 91st BG (H) and Slip has Tudza, Popsman and Killyjim signed up.
Snoopy Bell

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2017, 09:38:56 PM »
Still proud of me?

Yep!

Awesome job of holding it.  :aok

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2017, 10:05:23 PM »
Really?

I think you missed my point. I want as close to a fair chance at a good fight as possible. Some of these setups are very lopsided. I am not going to waste my time being a target so some allied dude can pretend he's a real fighter pilot.

To quote Herm Edwards "you play to win the game, you don't play just to play it"

So yes I always want to win when I play the game.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2017, 11:09:32 PM »
I think you missed my point. I want as close to a fair chance at a good fight as possible. Some of these setups are very lopsided. I am not going to waste my time being a target so some allied dude can pretend he's a real fighter pilot.

To quote Herm Edwards "you play to win the game, you don't play just to play it"

So yes I always want to win when I play the game.

And as is often the case each side tries to influence things so that their chance of winning is greater.   The intent then is to optimize the opportunity to win, not to make it fair for those whose focus is 'winning' the game.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2017, 04:54:25 AM »
I was thinking I'd bomb, but it looks like bombers are filling up faster than anyone else, so I'm going to hang on and see who needs more pilots when we get closer to the start date. At this point that looks like Axis but it's still early to say.

Offline skunster

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2017, 08:56:37 AM »
HB555

I would like to sign up for a B17 with the 91st.

How do I do that.

SKu

Offline HB555

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2017, 07:54:35 PM »
HB555

I would like to sign up for a B17 with the 91st.

How do I do that.

SKu

Reply to PM sent, Sku.
Snoopy Bell