Author Topic: Melee - Buzzsaw - 500 lb bomb panzer tank no apparant damage  (Read 463 times)

Offline wrench

• Copper Member
Melee - Buzzsaw - 500 lb bomb panzer tank no apparant damage
« on: April 27, 2017, 02:44:52 PM »
This kind of stuff has been happening to me a lot.

How close does the bomb have to be?

Tank started up and drove off as if nothing happened. Film attached.

If damage can't get lost through internet without disco, what causes this?

Leave that thing alone!
Relax said the Knight, man, we are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: Melee - Buzzsaw - 500 lb bomb panzer tank no apparant damage
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 04:26:21 PM »
When you drop a single 500 pound'er, you need to be nearly dead-on, on heavy tanks.  Two 500s or a 1000 pound'er will give you more room for error.  The point is, if you stick with a single 500 pound'er, you need to practice quite a bit.  I know a couple of players that must be near 100% with a single 500 pounder with the tank moving or not.

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 05:18:03 PM »
I really like the Ju-88 when attacking spawn campers actually. Take a formation at 3K and drop the whole load of 50kg bombs with a .23 delay, and it's like a cluster bomb.

Especially for really crowded ones. I think once I got 6 kills on one string of bombs.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline wrench

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 07:58:39 PM »
When you drop a single 500 pound'er, you need to be nearly dead-on, on heavy tanks.  Two 500s or a 1000 pound'er will give you more room for error.  The point is, if you stick with a single 500 pound'er, you need to practice quite a bit.  I know a couple of players that must be near 100% with a single 500 pounder with the tank moving or not.

Yeah I'm one of those players near 100%. This tank was sitting still when the bomb hit. Most of the time this is a kill shot or at least cripples the tank. This problem seems more related to who is in the tank. Some players seem to take more damage to kill than others.
Leave that thing alone!
Relax said the Knight, man, we are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.