Author Topic: Player numbers down?  (Read 22449 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Player numbers down?
« Reply #225 on: May 22, 2017, 02:29:42 PM »

Numbers are down because of the game play.... and how things have changed on the ground

GV's were really impacted with the introduction of AHIII
1.  With the amount of trees...  the roads or clear cuts were taken out of the game. I like to point out there were plenty of roads for tanks and other vehicles to use during WWII why are they missing in the game?
2. The hills that you were able to climb on the old maps in AH II are all but impossible to climb in AHIII,
3. The tank icons on the map which are  a  _ _ _ _ _ _  dream, and has compromised long range missions in the past, plus the GV Icon is bigger than the single engine aircraft icon. 1 tank sitting in town covers the town up all together, so when your trying to resup a town, or line up a bombing run 1 or two tanks make it all but impossible to find the town. A lot of talk about finding a fight, it sucks when you cant find the town because of overly large tank icons. The whole "Map Icon System" should be trashed, the dots we had in AHII, was a better system, showed an aircraft but not the type. Restricting one element in the game, so another segment is not interrupted, is like stealing from Peter to make sure Paul is happy. If AHIII is just all about the Fur Ball then I think a lot of us are paying for the wrong game, AHII had the right balance,AHIII doesn't have that balance like II had

We'll give it a couple more months to see if things change, if they don't I'm packing it in and moving on to other online games I'm spending time in right now.

Which doesn't explain the aerial combat situation...
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #226 on: May 22, 2017, 02:31:29 PM »
  I am very pleased with the way AH III turned out.   And I'll bet there are many others who are also.  :banana:

Overall, I am pleased with III.   I am still adjusting to some things but it is a definite improvement.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #227 on: May 22, 2017, 02:58:34 PM »
If money isnt the issue, or HTC just wont do it then I throw any $ away. If the reason they cant air a commercial is due to lack of funding Id donate some cash if there were some sort of advertising.
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #228 on: May 22, 2017, 03:05:08 PM »
If money isnt the issue, or HTC just wont do it then I throw any $ away. If the reason they cant air a commercial is due to lack of funding Id donate some cash if there were some sort of advertising.

Yeah, I mean, why not?

HTC said some ads would be rolling out soon though, I believe.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #229 on: May 22, 2017, 03:25:53 PM »
Wow...did he say that...thats what I need to hear.
This is soo required.. Oceania time zone is so dead.any spill off from late euro early Merlin the better..
The whole game has changed drastically because of the low numbers..more people in the better...sooner the better.
Can you elaborate on what was said?

CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #230 on: May 22, 2017, 03:34:49 PM »
Yeah, I mean, why not?

HTC said some ads would be rolling out soon though, I believe.

I hope your right! Ive spent too much of my life and money on this game for numbers to dwindle more.
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #231 on: May 22, 2017, 04:15:00 PM »
Wow...did he say that...thats what I need to hear.
This is soo required.. Oceania time zone is so dead.any spill off from late euro early Merlin the better..
The whole game has changed drastically because of the low numbers..more people in the better...sooner the better.
Can you elaborate on what was said?

You should see us again on TV adds very shortly.

HiTech

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,386772.msg5140418.html#msg5140418
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #232 on: May 27, 2017, 03:48:52 AM »
Which doesn't explain the aerial combat situation...

Well the GV's are just a pain in the you know what....they take away from the Fur Ball so they had to introduce things to make it more difficult for GV's to impact the game. Way too many trees for you to get tangled up in.  Hills that you were able to climb in AH II but not in AH III becasue we can't have GV's running amuck all over the map interrupting the FUr Ball .... GV's at your Strats.....got to leave the Fur Ball to deal with that...   GV's in your town....can't Fur Ball got to deal with these cockroaches with treads... Oh and now the tank rounds are limited as to how far you can see the rounds in flight.... Just another fly in the ointment to hamper the GV's. Look what happened to the Night time, which was cool, in the game it went from 20 minutes to about a Minute and a half.......because folks were afraid to dogfight in the dark.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #233 on: May 27, 2017, 03:54:45 AM »
Well the GV's are just a pain in the you know what....they take away from the Fur Ball so they had to introduce things to make it more difficult for GV's to impact the game. Way too many trees for you to get tangled up in.  Hills that you were able to climb in AH II but not in AH III becasue we can't have GV's running amuck all over the map interrupting the FUr Ball .... GV's at your Strats.....got to leave the Fur Ball to deal with that...   GV's in your town....can't Fur Ball got to deal with these cockroaches with treads... Oh and now the tank rounds are limited as to how far you can see the rounds in flight.... Just another fly in the ointment to hamper the GV's. Look what happened to the Night time, which was cool, in the game it went from 20 minutes to about a Minute and a half.......because folks were afraid to dogfight in the dark.

But again.............the things that hurt GVs........................as valid as they are....................aren't the same as what's killed the air war.    Related in a way but not directly correlated if you refer to my original question based on your observation.  <S>
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline madrid311

• Copper Member
« Reply #234 on: May 27, 2017, 10:39:01 AM »
If our numbers are down, should we just have smaller maps that make it easier to find fights and easier to win wars just like in AH1?
  wow mr fork, this seems to solve a lot of problems and is really a great example of using common sense.
Quote from: hitech on Yesterday at 11:15:04 AM              
         I am happy you are having fun. HiTech                                                  
                  In game name : GunFTR

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #235 on: May 27, 2017, 11:18:55 AM »
  wow mr fork, this seems to solve a lot of problems and is really a great example of using common sense.

Smaller squares say 20 miles, or 15-17 mile apart bases on a 6x6 land area map (about the size of Midanoa map) would go a long way in bringing back action and have a little more quick game play, would go a very long way in bringing back some excitement and large fights on all sides of the map. 

Sometimes common sense and ain't so common.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #236 on: May 28, 2017, 01:30:21 AM »
Smaller squares say 20 miles, or 15-17 mile apart bases on a 6x6 land area map (about the size of Midanoa map) would go a long way in bringing back action and have a little more quick game play, would go a very long way in bringing back some excitement and large fights on all sides of the map. 

Sometimes common sense and ain't so common.
The Midanoa map is not a GV map one bit the hills are too steep to go anywhere with a GV.....It might take you a day to go 3 sectors

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #237 on: May 28, 2017, 01:35:05 AM »
Overall, I am pleased with III.   I am still adjusting to some things but it is a definite improvement.

Well for you Sky Jocks is all good........... and your happy

I'll see how it pans out by the end of the summer.........If things don't change...Asta la Bye bye. I think now a days I'm in War Gaming.Net more than I am here anyway.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #238 on: May 28, 2017, 10:05:42 AM »
Well for you Sky Jocks is all good........... and your happy

I'll see how it pans out by the end of the summer.........If things don't change...Asta la Bye bye. I think now a days I'm in War Gaming.Net more than I am here anyway.

I do think the GV guys got a bit shafted in the switch to AH3. I was slowly getting into GVs toward the end of AH2. Took some lesson time with Whiskey, practiced range site pictures. Trying to just get going in them. Was starting to make a bit of progress and was having fun in a new aspect of the game and then AH3 came out.

Trees!!! Those big beautiful new tree sets look great! The swaying in the breeze is beautiful but boy do they kill game play! Yes they are a bit sticky, but the coad will knock you back out if you are patient. If you are being hunted, your screwed. The movement help hide other tanks as long as they move slow. The swaying gives enough "motion" that a moving tank isnt something that jumps out at you. Last, there are just too many of them! There are so few lines of fire that when you do come across one it is just like another spawn camp.

I wish they would cut back the trees 20-30%.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #239 on: May 29, 2017, 08:00:32 AM »
Hope things turn around. Sad to see the dwindling numbers as I've logged in at various times. Still getting used to the updated aspects of the game. Sure do miss the high populous heyday of AH2, and the old hands that I flew with and against.  :frown: :cry  (Lusche, you come to mind shredding the crap out of my 17's ;) )

Would love to revive the massive bombardment missions that were a focus of intense combat fun.

Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"