Author Topic: Cant see "hits" with rift.  (Read 783 times)

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
Cant see "hits" with rift.
« on: May 16, 2017, 08:14:02 PM »
Am I the only one having this issue?

I fire at an aircraft and there are no "hit sprites" even though I am hitting it.

Its kinda confusing, Ill be lined up and start firing, don't see any hits and then start trying to adjust my aim, when in actuality I was right on target.

Example:  Made a diving pass on some Lancs in a 38, fired from D800 to D600 before breaking... didn't see a single hit.   roll over, bomber is missing a wing, and falling, kill messaage.   :headscratch:

confirmed the weirdness on drones offline.  I can see the tracers, just not hits.
 :O :O

Offline TechWrek

• Zinc Member
Re: Cant see "hits" with rift.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 03:54:51 AM »
No, you are not the only one with this issue, Hht sprites are effectively invisible with the Rift. But if you watch a film of the sortie, the hit sprites are very large.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 02:35:44 PM »
No, not the only one. I tested in a Wirb, with left eye I could see hit sprite(shot at a distant hanger) with right eye I could see the debris and other stuff coming off. Seems its more 2 monocular instead of 1 binocular? Seems there is a dead space exactly where the hit sprites originate. Its also hard to see tracers till they get out a good ways. The color change I made helped out a bit, but still hard to see
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 05:47:20 PM »
Nature of the beast, I've found it difficult to see hit sprites with both Rift and Vive, and in every configuration possible so far as settings in the game and nVidia control panel possible.  It is what it is.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 12:40:00 PM »
This has also been reported before several times but no feedback from HTC if it is fixable or we will just have to suck it up.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 07:13:05 PM »
This has also been reported before several times but no feedback from HTC if it is fixable or we will just have to suck it up.

If it is rendering only left or right then some eye dominant users not seeing it would explain things.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 11:38:10 PM »
Didn't think of that one, good catch VULCAN! There seem to be a slight dead zone right where the lenses merge. I noticed it in aWirb shooting a hanger. Was like seeing 1/2 of where hit sprite showed(right eye closed) and 1/2 of where debris and chunks were seen(left closed), right eye dominate. My best bet as to why you cant see either of these "halves" (or its at least more difficult) with both eyes open is maybe since you aren't necessarily focusing with one eye? Now that I discovered that, I close my left eye when shooting. Still hard to see sprites but do see more pieces flying off, a lot better than both eyes open. Guess its not a bad substitute for not seeing the hits :aok 
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2017, 01:28:13 AM »
Tested with my right eye closed and im seeing hit sprites ,  with both open im seeing none .  I do see pieces falling ,so I guess this is a user issue  then?

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 04:05:16 PM »
...would it make sense for us to fly with tracers off?
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2017, 01:29:29 AM »
...would it make sense for us to fly with tracers off?
That is good idea. I practice off line with tracers off to get a better feel of my sight picture. Seems to help for me. So yes, without tracers you can get a few benefits in VR. Shooting in stealth mode and it would improve you marksmanship, well if you want to kill folk lol I set my convergences really short so as to get up real close and put all ammo to better use. It saves some bullets also, if you can get closer. This convergence distance still allows you to take longer shots as at twice convergence you bullet streams will be in same location as the guns are on the wings, I do get lucky on occasion and get good hits well beyond this range. My advice, pick your best plane and go offline and test you results against the drones. I started at 250 to a point, and tested every range up to 500. I found I had a lot more success at 250 though. Saved ammo and TOTALY destroyed the target :salute